What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Wheelsy said:
So, how much do you want for Berbatov?

they seem to think he's worth around €20 mill but I think on recent form and the fact that he seems to be a bit of prima donna, I'd say he's only worth half that

Spurs have said they wont let him go to an EPL team if he wants out of his contract, they will only give him permission to negotiate a move out of pomie land

personally I'd let him go and use the money on some one who can score goals

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
steven_tiger said:
Any reason why our two best strikers started from the bench?

As for Juande Ramos' decision to go with Jermain Defoe and Darren Bent up front, Gus added: "It's just a decision you have to make in football, we thought it they were the best strikers for this game with their speed and ability to get in behind (the defence). There was nothing else behind it."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/poyetmakespoint.html

looks like Ramos has doubts as to whether Berby is our best striker

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, its something I'm used to seeing other teams do

first time Bent has done anything impressive at Spurs

Dragooner

Bench
I'd take Berby off your hands. Wenger would smack that kid up real good and would make him a real force!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Saint Dragon said:
I'd take Berby off your hands. Wenger would smack that kid up real good and would make him a real force!

well Berby had his chat with Ramos and decided to stay, so maybe he can now start and put a few into the back of the net

and in other news, word is that Jol could be back at White Hart Lane this weekend, as manager of Wigan

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Twizzle said:
and in other news, word is that Jol could be back at White Hart Lane this weekend, as manager of Wigan

FMD, Tootenham may have a chance of winning!

Wouldn't it be nice if the spews lost against Hapoel Tel Aviv! :lol:

fmd jol is a better manager than people give him credit for. i wonder if the wigan saga came about because of jol's availability? although i read he was targetted to replace ronald koeman

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
fmd jol is a better manager than people give him credit for.

and that's why he gave spews a good start to the season and bought that 16m piece of sh*t named Darren Bent-dick:lol:

gunning_for_panthers said:
and that's why he gave spews a good start to the season and bought that 16m piece of sh*t named Darren Bent-dick:lol:

your football knowledge amounts to the square root of dick. jol made it publicl he didn't want bent but was over ruled by his technical director. for the record he wanted elano. you have nothing

Bumble

First Grade
I do feel sorry for Bent though, he's not a bad player but regardless of what he does now it's not going to live up to the expectations of a 16m pound price-tag - very few could

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah Jol wanted to spend that money on Petrov and some other dude, yet he got flicked when our midfield deficiencies were exposed

I dont think anyone at Spurs, fans inlcuded, wanted Bent. Not that he's not a good striker, we got 5 strikers and no world class mid fielders, except Lennon and he's been injured for nearly a year

magpie_man

Juniors
Twizzle said:
some people are blaming the poor service he is getting from our midfield but Keane average nearly a goal a game and we a the 4th highest goal scorers in the EPL, defence is our problem, we got plenty of strike power.
yeah but my mind keeps going back to the liverpool game where berby set up both of keane's goals.

Macca_

Coach
I heard that Sp*rs are looking to upgrade to a 52,000 at the Lane. Word has it that they'll look to play their 'bigger' games at Wembley whilst work is on going.

As for the rest, well Enfield Town or someone like that could host those...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lolesi said:
Spurs fan's, what are your feelings on Ledley King?

Ledley King has started running again and is now in training.

He is expected to return within a month, however most people think he will never be as good as he was. His legs are f**ked, and he's been out for almost 18 months

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Macca_ said:
I heard that Sp*rs are looking to upgrade to a 52,000 at the Lane. Word has it that they'll look to play their 'bigger' games at Wembley whilst work is on going.

As for the rest, well Enfield Town or someone like that could host those...

We've got two options on the table, a new playing and training centre about 20 mins up the road (60,000 capacity), and an upgrade of WHL

Dont know which one they are going to go with atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.