What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The positives piled up for Juande Ramos after our 5-0 destruction of Roma in Sunday's pre-season friendly at the Lane.

Whether it was Darren Bent continuing his hot streak in front of goal, David Bentley's immediate impact, another clean sheet or the nerve-less introduction of goalkeeper Oscar Jansson, just 17, in the second half, everyone with a Spurs inclination went home happy.
Bentley got the show on the road after just three minutes of this final friendly of the summer, Bent added his 11th goal of pre-season two minutes later and the foundations were laid for a highly-impressive win.
Bentley, who started wide right, lashed home a 25-yarder for 3-0 by the break and within 10 minutes of the restart it was 5-0 thanks to Aaron Lennon and Bent's 12th in six friendlies.
All this in front of a magnificent 35,841 fans. "I'm happy, the players are happy and I'm sure the fans are happy as well," said Head Coach Juande afterwards.
"There are many positive things to draw from what we have seen.
"The players wanted to please the fans with their performance, they've all made an effort with things that we have practised in training and there is a lot of competition to get into the team.
"The most positive thing is the hard work they have all put in.
"It was a friendly and the result was not the most important thing - the most important thing is the preparation for the new season - but it was a good performance and a good scoreline."

clicky

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Meh, we lost 4-0 to Dortmund in pre-season last year.

Season is still three weeks away, EPL starts this weekend.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So are Spurs still signing Villa and Arshavin or what?

both players waiting till the 12 Aug deadline for CL registrations, to see if there are any offers from CL teams, none forthcoming

we have finished negotiations, just playing the waiting game

I expect we will get Arshavin and Veloso, Villa not too sure 32mill is a lot of money but that's apparently what we have offered

Seems Berby is not going anywhere but we still need 4 strikers, atm we only have 2

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats is a pretty ridiculous assumption

unfortunately I've come to expect that from you

my sources are from inside THFC

if you dont like the rumours, don't read them

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
thats is a pretty ridiculous assumption

unfortunately I've come to expect that from you

my sources are from inside THFC

if you dont like the rumours, don't read them

They are winding you up then.

You tell everybody with absolute certainty that the deal is done and set to be announced, weeks later and it looks like he's staying, and you still talk like you're some sort of secret agent who knows everything going on in football.

Dragooner

Bench
Who are these sources. Whether people beleive you or not we are all desperate to know.

You seem to dance around the bush a little, as in avoid answering this question.

lolesi

First Grade
He has been correct on more then one occasion though with these rumours, whats with the attacking? he is passing on information, and i for one enjoy reading it..

Tommy Smith

Referee
He has been correct on more then one occasion though with these rumours, whats with the attacking? he is passing on information, and i for one enjoy reading it..
These rumours that i can read on setantasports, soccernet or anywhere else really. Not that there's anything wrong with bringing that info straight to these forums.

And im not attacking him. I just like to rile him up every now and then.:D Consider it a legacy from the cricket forum and the Australia/England Ashes rivalry.

He's still not over that hiding we gave the Aussies back in 05.:oops::eek:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

just beat me to it,

the sources are from within and cannot be revelaed as they'd be sacked, you can chose to beleive it or ignore it, I post it here for the Spurs fans who are interested

my some of the Manure fans are bitter, what for I don't know

you guys should switch to decaf

btw, today's latest from within

Berby is staying

and Berby is leaving

take your pick but from what I can gather I think we've shown him the door after walking out on us at half time in the friendly agaisnt Roma on the weekend, when he got dragegd at half time for basically just taking up space on the pitch

Buttshaver may be done by Friday, as no offers from any CL teams

re Corluka looks like FA have intervened and told City to finalise the deal in 24 hours as papers were signed, or pay the consequences

the roller coaster ride continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts