What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Beat me to it, NK.

LOLOLOLOL. Here's a message to Tottenham's chairman, you dont have to spend about 100million pound if you want to lose to Middlesborough.

You can do that without spending a penny! Paul Robinson and all the other rejects could have done just as bad!

Ridders

Coach
Pretty poor performance. If they sell Berbatov and don't replace him with someone of equal class, they're gonna be in all sorts. He was about the only player that looked to be having any real impact on the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
alot of new players

they are gonna take some time to gel

that aside, it was pretty terrible

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Don't jinx us ok. You gave them sh*t all last season through there rough patch and then they hit some form. STOP NOW!

5-1 ring a bell ?

1201041202_spt_ai_tottenhamvarsenal_53.jpg

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Zenit St Petersburg have ruled out selling striker Andrei Arshavin to Tottenham before the transfer window closes.

Spurs have been tracking the 27-year-old playmaker since he starred for Russia at Euro 2008.

However, the two clubs have not been able to agree a fee with Spurs refusing to match Zenit's adjusted valuation of £19.7million.

Zenit gave Tottenham until Monday of this week to meet their demands and have now announced there is no chance of a deal going through.

The Uefa Cup winners stated on their official website: "The uncertainty of the situation does not make it possible for the club to seek out a replacement for Andrei.

"Zenit consider the question of the transfer of the player to Tottenham closed."

Tottenham will now have to turn their attentions elsewhere, with Arshavin's compatriot Roman Pavlyuchenko understood to be one target.

A number of other clubs have also been interested in Arshavin this summer but it now seems as though he will be staying with Zenit.

Barcelona were put off by Zenit's demands, while the player's agent Dennis Lachter claimed on Wednesday that Arshavin could have joined Arsenal if he had not demanded too much money.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4019917,00.html
You'll be keeping Berbatov now I assume?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
really not sure

I just read an article reporting the opposite about Arshavin, the deal is still on

he's not a replacement for Berbs, he's an attacking mid rather than a striker, we are looking at 3 other replacements, Spanish, Italian and Sth American, don't know their names

not much time left

fish eel

Immortal
really not sure

I just read an article reporting the opposite about Arshavin, the deal is still on

he's not a replacement for Berbs, he's an attacking mid rather than a striker, we are looking at 3 other replacements, Spanish, Italian and Sth American, don't know their names

not much time left

heaps of time left Tiwz, over a week. When push comes to shove, thats ample.

Dragooner

Bench
Sth American - Milito
Spanish - Villa
Italian - ??? Hmmm not sure...

Interesting picture from the Bulgaria game...

berbatovLOL.jpg

:lol:

I betcha the Sun set this all up, got someone to hand him a Man Utd jersey to see if hed sign it and they had cameras at the ready. But still...a deal should be done shortly.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Villa is off the radar I believe, we're not spending 32mill

Milito is defo on the radar

We basically want Berk to go but Manure not upping their bid atm

Deacon

First Grade
the longer this drags on the better for us it is I believe surely replacements need to be identified and possibly signed even before Berbs is too move

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we have deals with 2 Berbs replacements, just waiting to see if he is leaving to see if we are signing both of them or just one

we are signing a DM and CB before the end of the transfer window plus one or two strikers

Arshavin, I really dont know, no one does, its not off but far from a done deal

Dragooner

Bench
Ha! I love the Sun. However I am pretty sure that he was being targetted by a few clubs shortly after Euro 08. Celtic? Chelsea? Tottenham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts