What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tottenhams problem is that they're buying alot of fancy players with no grit. They need some hardworking tacklers in the midfield to compliment Dos Santos, Modric and maybe Arshavin.

They need a Hargreaves, Essien or Mascherano type to compliment them or otherwise they'll continue to get tackled off the park.

You can't compete in the Premier League on a consistent basis if you're not prepared to fight hard for every ball.

dunno about grit Tommy, maybe lacking in EPL experience

apart from Bentley, the other newbies haven't played ELP and I didn't expect they would gel from the start

I also didnt' expect we'd get rolled by Sunderland

its gonna get worse, because we expect a swag of new players in the next few days, namely Pav and his Russian mate, Veloso and Huntelaar to replace the Berk

may or may not happen, but pretty strong rumours, about 80mills worth

fish eel

Immortal
dunno about grit Tommy, maybe lacking in EPL experience

apart from Bentley, the other newbies haven't played ELP and I didn't expect they would gel from the start

I also didnt' expect we'd get rolled by Sunderland

its gonna get worse, because we expect a swag of new players in the next few days, namely Pav and his Russian mate, Veloso and Huntelaar to replace the Berk

may or may not happen, but pretty strong rumours, about 80mills worth

Nah, its grit. You dont have anyone in your midfield to do the dirty work and win the ball, break up the oppositions attack etc. Arsenal didnt have anyone doing that on the weekend and got rolled by fulham.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, its grit. You dont have anyone in your midfield to do the dirty work and win the ball, break up the oppositions attack etc. Arsenal didnt have anyone doing that on the weekend and got rolled by fulham.

that's what Modric's job is, he seems to be slowly warming up to the task

there seems to be some doubt from THFC as to the ability of Huntelaar to step up from the Dutch league to EPL atm, his stats ar good against crappy teams

apparently we are looking at 3 strikers and he is obvioulsy one of them but not clear who our main target is atm

watch this space

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, I saw that as well this morning

Kompany is definitely the better defender of the two and the one we would have preferred

I think Corluka was very keen to play with Modric, it has been well documented that they are good mates and wanted to play together

Tom Shines

First Grade
yeah, I saw that as well this morning

Kompany is definitely the better defender of the two and the one we would have preferred

I think Corluka was very keen to play with Modric, it has been well documented that they are good mates and wanted to play together

You're forgetting who the manager of Hamburg is. You had no chance whatsoever.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not forgetting BMJ, dont see him influencing a player or his agent's decision though

Seville is a different kettle of fish, wouldn't sell us their cleaning lady atm

Dragooner

Bench
Twizzle said:

Your sources are feeding info to you really late. Page 65, I already had it all down...

Corluka will pretty much be sealed up. Especially is Modric has any say, he'll help Modric settle.

The Sun 2-0 Twiz's anonymous sources

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Your sources are feeding info to you really late. Page 65, I already had it all down...

The Sun 2-0 Twiz's anonymous sources

he did come to Spurs, had a medical and all and contracts were exchanged, then Hughes called him back before round 1 saying ManC's agent who signed on their behalf was not authorised to do so

he then put in a transfer request

he's played 2 games for ManC since his medical

the Sun get their info from me :D

Dragooner

Bench
Trusty Sun reckons Toots interested in Falcao?

'Watch this space?'

Your source will give you the news in about a week...

fish eel

Immortal
that's what Modric's job is, he seems to be slowly warming up to the task

there seems to be some doubt from THFC as to the ability of Huntelaar to step up from the Dutch league to EPL atm, his stats ar good against crappy teams

apparently we are looking at 3 strikers and he is obvioulsy one of them but not clear who our main target is atm

watch this space

Twiz, if thats what Modrics job is, he'll struggle. I dont think he is big enough physically to play that role in the EPL.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Trusty Sun reckons Toots interested in Falcao?

'Watch this space?'

Your source will give you the news in about a week...

that's about a week old

we showed interest but he is over priced, cant see it going any further

Tom Shines

First Grade
Let me just recap for those entering the thread late:

"Corluka is going to Spurs"
Shame he's still lining up for City this week.

"Arshavin is signing for Spurs"
Not if you insist on paying unders. Deal's off.

"Pavlyuchenko is not a target"
Please, a warm welcome to Tottenham's latest signing, Roman Pavlyuchenko!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7589929.stm

Twizzle, what day is it today?

:lol::lol::lol:

Deacon

First Grade
Twiz tbh I think you've been reading way to many Spurs forums, from what Ive read all your tips are close too or if not the complete opposite too what Ive heard, what forums are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts