What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well after Robbo and Gomes who could you possibly turn to next?

I can think of three options:

1) Higuita

higuita-y-su-famosa-escorpion_imagenGrande.jpg

2) Bernard Lama

605628092_small.jpg

3) Fabien Barthez

pic480.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
with the amount of possession we had it should have been about 3 zip

best game Lennon has ever played for Spurs, but gee Blackburn have got nothing

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont understand why we paid so much for Bentley, he's just another player

Huddleston still has a long way to go but we really missed Modric, we need another midfielder to help him out, JJ is way overrated imo, I really dont understand how he gets a game for England

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Legendary Dutch coach Guus Hiddink believes Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has to be patient with goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.

The Brazilian shot-stopper has come in for fierce criticism of late following a number of inept showings between the posts, including a costly error at Fulham last weekend which ultimately cost Spurs a point.

Gomes fumbled Simon Davis' cross into the net to mark the latest of a series of blunders, which has already prompted speculation that Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is on the lookout for a new goalkeeper.

But Hiddink, who brought Gomes to PSV Eindhoven when he was in charge there, insists he just needs time to adjust to English football.

Hiddink told The Sun: "I'm very surprised to hear things have not been going so well but in his first six months at PSV he needed time to adapt.

"Football in Holland is very different from Brazil. He must be given some time in England where the game is different again. He is a world-class keeper.

"Gomes is not afraid and he has fantastic reflexes. He also commands his area.

"He was exceptional to help PSV win two titles and was almost single-handedly responsible for getting the club to the Champions League semi-final."

Gomes has conceded 20 goals in Spurs' 13 Premier League fixtures so far this season, keeping just two clean sheets against Wigan and Bolton, and shipping four goals to London rivals Arsenal in October's pulsating 4-4 draw.

But Redknapp insists he is standing by his goalkeeper and says he will retain his position when Spurs host Blackburn on Saturday.

Should his failings see him ousted from the side, then Redknapp does have reserve keeper Cesar Sanchez and youngster Ben Alnwick to deputise.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_4533932,00.html

Guus thinks he is good, that should be good enough for all of you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we just got a new goal keeping coach and he kept a clean sheet against but I had a few very nervous moments

I dont understand why we paid so much for Bentley, he's just another player

Huddleston still has a long way to go but we really missed Modric, we need another midfielder to help him out, JJ is way overrated imo, I really dont understand how he gets a game for England
Bentley was poor on sunday but his delivery into the box is second to none, he will get better. JJ was also poor on sunday but his energy in midfield is missed when he is not there, he is good fodder for Huddlestone. If Jenas keeps his passing simple and keeps working hard he is a valuable player for Tottenham.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ and Hud are no more than squad players imo, OK for back up but will never win us games

maybe I'm harsh on Hudd as he's still only 21 or some thing and I'm f**ked if I know how JJ gets a game for England, probably just shows their lack of depth in th midfield

Modric was sorely missed and needs help in there, a good DM is no 1 on our shopping list for January

JJ and Hud are no more than squad players imo, OK for back up but will never win us games

maybe I'm harsh on Hudd as he's still only 21 or some thing and I'm f**ked if I know how JJ gets a game for England, probably just shows their lack of depth in th midfield

Modric was sorely missed and needs help in there, a good DM is no 1 on our shopping list for January
Very harsh on Huddlestone, with a good run in the team i believe he will get better. JJ is one of those players that is either loved or hated. Agree about the DM, but we have needed one of those for at least 2 years. Scott Parker would be a decent option in January, i know fans want a bigger name but not sure the money is there for that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we've got a budget of €60mill for January but 'arry says we don't need to spend that much

Hudd is too slow to be a classy midfielder imo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So who are we looking at signing in January ? Any names ?

just about every registered player in Europe and a few in Sth America and Sth Africa

Diarra would be the most solid rumour going round atm, as he and 'arry hit it off pretty well, but Citeh and the Gooners are also supposed to be keen on him as well

far too many rumours to take anything seriously atm

So who are we looking at signing in January ? Any names ?
Just about everybody at Portsmouth (except C***bell) has been linked in the press, Defoe (fingers crossed) Crouch (god no) Diarra ( latest is city for £18million) Distin (no thanks) James (not sure), plus Arshavin ( not for me) Given (yes please)
Will let you know any more links from the press here and of course all the rumours from fans forums, most are crap but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts