What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toughest Player In The NRL

Pigskin

Juniors
Gallen is crazy tough, agreed.

But bias aside, when you consider that Lockyer is 85kg's, has played something like 430 games of NRL/SOO/Test footy, and is constantly faced with the biggest backrowers in the game running at him ... he is pretty tough.

Honorable mentions to Jeremy Smith and Neville Costigan. Jacob Lillyman by all reports is pretty tough also.

Oink !

kbw

Bench
Lockyer, thats funny. He is resiliant but thats it. Tough absolutely no way, he always some pig standing next to him protecting him taking the brunt of the action.

So Gower played with injury (just like most players), but he took dives alot more than most. not a tough nut in my books

JT_

Juniors
Karmichael Hunt was a tough customer, obviously too tough for the NRL of course....

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah I think there should be a distinction between being tough like Webcke and Lockyer. Webcke was tough because he played a position that required a lot of physical application and played on despite the extreme pain he must have been feeling and still making in-roads in the defence. Lockyer on the other hand could play on with a broken rib but he mainly played the role of ball dispenser.

I also think of guys who are bloody tough to tackle and you want with you if you ever got in trouble. Players such as Sika Manu and Fui Fui Moi Moi come to mind.

petetheileet

First Grade
I'd go for J Smith, gallen is powerful and strong, wouldn't rate him as the toughest,

I'd like to throw nightingales name out there. A winger doesn't get that many chances to show how tough they are, but u could put him in the front row and he still wouldn't let u down. Never seen him shy away from anything and his last run has as much behind it as his first.

dogslife

Coach
southpark2.jpeg

This bloke

Talanexor

Juniors
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Peter Wallace.

Not the most talented player around, but in the toughness stakes?

Anyone who plays half a game with ruptured balls has to be tough as nails...

to_ddeath

Coach
And be a ranga at the same time, man that is tough....
Toovey?? - more like biggest whinger of the 90s....

T.

SDM

First Grade
FFMM makes all his impact with the ball. Times are toughest when you have no ball. The rest is self explanitory to anyone who isn't a moron.