What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toughest Player In The NRL

the big man in all his glory, once again

creagh.gif

grouch

First Grade
Have been impressed by Jarrod Croker. Has shown immense mental toughness just showing his face in public since that monumental choke last year.

Have been impressed by Jarrod Croker. Has shown immense mental toughness just showing his face in public since that monumental choke last year.

on a related note, the toughest player i've even seen was Jason Croker. f**king hard bastard

never forget that game about 10 years ago v Roosters where he played on with knee ligament damage in one leg and a fracture in the other

ANTiLAG

First Grade
on a related note, the toughest player i've even seen was Jason Croker. f**king hard bastard

never forget that game about 10 years ago v Roosters where he played on with knee ligament damage in one leg and a fracture in the other

Bob Lidner 1989.

'nuff said.

One Warrior

Bench
Get off the grass. If there was a flop stat recorded or even second and third tackler in - he gets it.

Stitches in his head virtually every game, last year his thigh was split open and he wanted to play on, reminds me of Campion in that sense.

beave

Coach
Dallas Johnson for mine. Too many examples of him over the years for Melbourne and QLD............ and one I seen for my own eyes on Saturday night up here for the Cowboys ( he got hurt in defence and he just got on struggling back into the defensive line and making tackles on one leg it seemed, the people sitting around me were all commenting, how the hell does this guy keep going????) I tried looking for the footage this arvo on the IQ but for some reason the cameras didn't show the incident/him struggling, it was in the second half around the halfway line.

Apparently he is an absolute champion off the field as well, my missus works for a charity up here and has a bit to do with the cowboys marketing team for charity days and so forth, she reckons all the people she spoke to think he is an absolute gentlemen and all the young guys in the NYC are in awe of him)

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Stitches in his head virtually every game, last year his thigh was split open and he wanted to play on, reminds me of Campion in that sense.
Yes, they both have the ability to bleed from lacerations. They are also both Queenslanders who played league for the Warriors at lock. That is about where the similarities finish.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Alex Chan - played a finals game with a broken arm if I recall correctly.

Nathan Cayless - played the 2009 Grand Final with a dodgy hamstring and was still one of our best.

Nathan Hindmarsh - his runs lack venom, but the guy plays the first minute exactly like the last.

Daniel Wagon - he played with a bruised sternum. I've had a similar injury, and merely breathing in and out was agony. How he completed 80 minutes of the world's toughest sport is beyond me.

Adrian Morley - love this merkin.

beave

Coach
Lockyer would also have to be up there in tough stakes as well. He is built very slightly and I have seen him get belted but still gets up.

Eelementary

Post Whore
How he played over 200 games and played for Queensland absolutely astounds and bemuses me!

Bit like modern-day Hindy, I suppose - not much in the way of a running game, but a very effective defender who could play 80 minutes.

I recall many a game where Brian Smith told Wagon to shut down the opposition's key man - he shut down Minichiello a few times.

Not the world's greatest player, but a handy clubman IMO.

Johns Magic

Referee
But Ennis making less and missing more is rep standard? :lol:

I'm not here to discuss Ennis, he is below par as well.

But Farah has never made a dominant tackle in his life, and couldn't make a one-on-one tackle to save himself.

He is a target when defending on his line, far from the toughest player in the NRL.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Bit like modern-day Hindy, I suppose - not much in the way of a running game, but a very effective defender who could play 80 minutes.

I recall many a game where Brian Smith told Wagon to shut down the opposition's key man - he shut down Minichiello a few times.

Not the world's greatest player, but a handy clubman IMO.
Nah Hindmarsh can play. Wagon was always pies.