What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse v Whitehaven

I'm guessing we may be able to watch this on Orange TV... will hopefully find a link as with the Leigh match. As for radio - presumably Radio Cumbria only commentate on Haven's home matches...?

TRL Preview

http://www.totalrl.com/news/story.php?news_id=395

French newcomers Toulouse Olympique can climb into the Co-operative Championship play-off places with victory over Cumbrian giants Whitehaven.

After a stuttering start, Olympique are beginning to find their feet at this level and last week thrashed Doncaster 48-18.

Their progress has raised plenty of eyebrows but Whitehaven coach Ged Stokes insists it comes as no surprise.

He said: “We had a sample of it during our last match against them and we were pretty much convinced that they would develop into a good side.
“Their structures and systems are sound – even when they lost heavily at Widnes on the opening night you could see that they were doing some things right. It’s not a surprise that they’re coming along well.”

Stokes is hoping to have Rob Jackson available after a hamstring injury but John Patrick is not available for selection due to work commitments.

Stokes added: “We’re still struggling a bit with numbers but things are starting to look up. We’re starting to get some positive news from the medical staff rather than negative news.

“We are in a bit of an injury crisis but our preparation has been good with the extra week we’ve had. The players have been playing a little bit out of position but every team goes through this and we’ll come through it.”

I hope it's on nospam15 if it's not on Orange.

Any idea what time it starts out here?

RFL site says it starts at 7pm (I assume that's local time) which is 3am our time...?

If you get the link please post!

I looked on the Orange TV guide and it doesn't seem to be on at all... unless I've failed to navigate the site correctly (which wouldn't be surprising considering it's in French, obviously).

deluded pom?

Coach
I don't think all of TO's games are live on Orange. A French poster on the trl forum reckons the next games being televised are against Fev and Widnes.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Sorry, my mistake, I don't no when they'll be showing Toulouse I should've said.

If I find out I'll bump this and put the link in for a few hours before the match and then edit it out.

Not sure if I should post the links in the forum, but I'll send you the links.

Half-time... 20 - 6...

Toulouse very dominant so far. Lots of praise for Wentworthville's favourite son Nathan Wynn... :)

Interesting comments by the Commentator on Toulouse paying their players more than any other club in the Championship - I think the comment was "how can anyone else compete?"

A preview of the sour grapes as Toulouse sweep all before them.

druzik

Juniors
Half-time... 20 - 6...

Toulouse very dominant so far. Lots of praise for Wentworthville's favourite son Nathan Wynn... :)

Interesting comments by the Commentator on Toulouse paying their players more than any other club in the Championship - I think the comment was "how can anyone else compete?"

A preview of the sour grapes as Toulouse sweep all before them.

Haa?

Dont all the Ch teams ahve the same salary cap? Whats the problem, not nospam46 fault that they spend upto the cap... or am I missing something?

Haa?

Dont all the Ch teams ahve the same salary cap? Whats the problem, not nospam46 fault that they spend upto the cap... or am I missing something?

Exactly what I thought... :? The exact comment was about "the amount of money some of these players are on down here how can anyone else compete"...

A couple of funny moments in the commentary - especially for the Whitehaven non-try the commentator was asking a guy in the crowd about why it was disallowed - seems that the 'Haven player put the ball down over the dead-ball line after making a clean break... :lol:

druzik

Juniors
Exactly what I thought... :? The exact comment was about "the amount of money some of these players are on down here how can anyone else compete"...

A couple of funny moments in the commentary - especially for the Whitehaven non-try the commentator was asking a guy in the crowd about why it was disallowed - seems that the 'Haven player put the ball down over the dead-ball line after making a clean break... :lol:

Hmm was that on Radio Cumbria? I am lsitening to it so how'd I missed that comment? :?

Hmm was that on Radio Cumbria? I am lsitening to it so how'd I missed that comment? :?

It was early-ish in the first half.

Toulouse are in danger of giving away penalties for backchat... quite a lot of dissent apparently.

TOXIII are defending very well - held out Haven who had 4 penalties in a row...

Last edited:

druzik

Juniors
It was early-ish in the first half.

Toulouse are in danger of giving away penalties for backchat... quite a lot of dissent apparently.

TOXIII are defending very well - held out Haven who had 4 penalties in a row...
Yeah Wynn is giving the ref some stick

TO in again.

26-6