What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Pilot house

Juniors
WTF are you on mate, TBH if you are not a WT's supporter I wish you would cease and desist and leave the site.

Geez, I just came over from Souths lu to help lend a hand and defend the tigers.

Over at Souths lu, so far as I know, we always welcome posters who come over in support. Even if we are in-fighting ourselves.
For a fleeting moment, external support brings us all together... and shock over, we are back into one another.

You could report me as an illegal alien here I guess.

The panther fans would love to see me expelled from here.. Pay for the cuffs too!

Back on topic please mr music...

Pilot house

Juniors
So the way I see it, it doesn’t matter whether the panthers approached Ivan or Ivan approached them first.

With agents, corridors or whatever...

Either way it was wrong and inappropriate.

They can’t turn a pigs ear into a silk purse.

They have tried.

It’s been a tragic scene watching the panther fans make excuses for their incompetent and morally corrupt management.

Kind of like being on a lifeboat watching the titanic sink. Gus is waving from the bridge!

The tigers rescued Ivan once...

Black Magik

Juniors
Been professional? He read a 30 second prepared statement 5 days after news broke and the rumour mill went into overdrive and has refused to answer a single question from a journalist since.

Griffin was signed until 2020, if he was still your coach and this week signed with Brisbanefor 2021, I imagine you’d be sweet with him staying until then?
You heard what you wanted to hear. He is committed to his contract. What more can he say? You won!

If it was the other way around I would want him gone. But that’s the point isn’t it! You didn’t win after all.

stryker

First Grade
Its about money. More specifically, its about money for Nathan. This is business and for those who dont know, business is conducted like this in every boardroom/every day. We got outplayed, but the game hasnt finished yet and we must use the leverage we have to improve our situation. That is also business and is called strategic advantage.

TIGER14

Bench
He went to the Tigers board after our board sacked the coach. Two weeks after having a meeting about his son. News came out about a meeting with Penrith, which lead to Griffins early exit, and he wanted to assure Tigers management that there was a meeting that Penrith initiated the possible return. Ivan has been very professional in all this. The thing is, the timing was always at the end of his current contract. Tigers went stupid with compensation claims. Tigers claiming wrong doing. Ivan will still be your coach for the next two years...if you want him there. All legal. No good guy, bad guy. Just business.

If Ivan was being professional he would have told Penrith to piss off and call him in 2 years time, as he still has a job to do here in the meantime. Even entertaining Penrith's offer is the complete opposite of professionalism.

Pilot house

Juniors
Its about money. More specifically, its about money for Nathan. This is business and for those who dont know, business is conducted like this in every boardroom/every day. We got outplayed, but the game hasnt finished yet and we must use the leverage we have to improve our situation. That is also business and is called strategic advantage.

I think Rugby league would collapse if it was just about money as there are too many unpaid people behind the scenes. Too many clubs being subsidised, many players are struggling to make ends meet.

But I agree re milking it so far as possible. Tigers didn’t ask for this debacle.

Mader45

Juniors
Maybe i'm deluded but to me I feel like we have the power.

This has done this on the idea that they presume they will get what they want right now. I have no doubt IC and NC had both been told what will happen is exactly what the media has reported. Untenable relationship. Has to end now. Blah blah blah.

Yet we've countered and said they're looking at 2 years for their shit to come to fruition.... unless we say so.

What? We don't have a head coach? Ahh. Big deal. We have 6 months, assistant coaches, 2 guys who have been calling the shots for nearly 10 years anyway in a team that hasnt made the finals in years, no new major signings and didnt do any better under Bus Man as it did previously. We're used to medicority. And you don't mess with people who have nothing left to lose.

Meanwhile they've got 2 guys, 1 their future coach on a long term deal and the other their marquee player worried about what the hell is going on to all these expected promises they were waiting to come together.

Let the pricks (and they are) squirm. Id call the players in, get them rallied behind how they've had someone lie to their faces and then try to f**k them. I'd ignore all contact from anyone associated with Cleary and the Panthers. And move on like nothing is wrong.

Pilot house

Juniors
Maybe i'm deluded but to me I feel like we have the power.

This has done this on the idea that they presume they will get what they want right now. I have no doubt IC and NC had both been told what will happen is exactly what the media has reported. Untenable relationship. Has to end now. Blah blah blah.

Yet we've countered and said they're looking at 2 years for their shit to come to fruition.... unless we say so.

What? We don't have a head coach? Ahh. Big deal. We have 6 months, assistant coaches, 2 guys who have been calling the shots for nearly 10 years anyway in a team that hasnt made the finals in years, no new major signings and didnt do any better under Bus Man as it did previously. We're used to medicority. And you don't mess with people who have nothing left to lose.

Meanwhile they've got 2 guys, 1 their future coach on a long term deal and the other their marquee player worried about what the hell is going on to all these expected promises they were waiting to come together.

Let the pricks (and they are) squirm. Id call the players in, get them rallied behind how they've had someone lie to their faces and then try to f**k them. I'd ignore all contact from anyone associated with Cleary and the Panthers. And move on like nothing is wrong.

This is a really good post. I disagree with some of it because I think the team was more threatening than previous years and the front and back offices look to be taking shape.

I think the Bennett option is best. He wanted 2 years at the broncos and thence promotion to football manager. I’d offer him 3 years with a 2 year option.

Madge wouldn’t take the manly job because they wanted to keep their hack assistants. Seibs showed him up this year big time ( negotiations too slow at Souths, I’d say he’s gone).

Elias said Bennett could bring whoever he wants in terms of staff etc. He’d be given the keys.

Very different approaches manly and tigers.

If you are looking for mediocrity, manly are the club to beat. Bring your own chair lol.

If he stays, Ivan would sit alone on the bus I’d think. It would be horrific for him that’s for sure.

Das Hassler

Bench
Players and management have said the same thing. Demanding he talk and expecting a different dialogue isn’t healthy. He is committed to his contract. End of story.

Sorry...that doesnt cut it....if he was
( end of story) commited to his contract as you say he wouldn't have needed a prepared statement to say it..he could have simply and directly said it from the heart with his head held high to the club..players and supporters as he did when he told of the plans that he asked full backing for to accomplish...he refuses to take questions from anyone ...even the supporters because he knows he has no honourable answers..he wont lie but has no honourable truth to tell so he says nothing....that's the story for now

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I'll throw a leftfield possibility out there for amusement purposes. As slim a chance as it might seem after all of this meticulously engineered mayhem, it's quite possible that the Cleary household is in a world of pain over the damage to his reputation and Ivan could end up reneging on his deal with Guss Inc.and commit to us to bring it all to an end...not too likely but the reporters who were at the statement reading said his hands were shaking through the whole thing....players backflip ...he may yet as well....100:1 perhaps but i'll bet it's crossed his mind after all of this.

I'll throw a leftfield possibility out there for amusement purposes. As slim a chance as it might seem after all of this meticulously engineered mayhem, it's quite possible that the Cleary household is in a world of pain over the damage to his reputation and Ivan could end up reneging on his deal with Guss Inc.and commit to us to bring it all to an end...not too likely but the reporters who were at the statement reading said his hands were shaking through the whole thing....players backflip ...he may yet as well....100:1 perhaps but i'll bet it's crossed his mind after all of this.
I hope he does for the Tigers sake & his own. I had a lot of respect for Ivan before all this bullshit. He’ll look like a complete turncoat if he takes the Panthers deal & gets on his knees for Gus.

gordsy

Juniors
If we do get Madge or Uncle Wayne how long would you offer them a contract for ?
Given that most of our big names are signed till at least 2020 I'm thinking it would have to be a three year deal. What do you guys reckon ?

Black Magik

Juniors
If Ivan was being professional he would have told Penrith to piss off and call him in 2 years time, as he still has a job to do here in the meantime. Even entertaining Penrith's offer is the complete opposite of professionalism.
Ok. Let’s look at the Broncos and Bennett. Coach told he won’t be extended. Is that professional? They also say they won’t let him leave early. Is that professional? Penrith have released players early who have been approached by other clubs with better offers. Is that professional?

If Ivan has signed with Penrith it will be for after 2020. That’s professional. If the Tigers continue to employ him, that’s professional. If they don’t that’s sour grapes.

Latest posts