What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Raider_69

Post Whore
perhaps a silly question but can they tag him and then cut him later without a cap hit if they can work a trade?

If not, it is indeed a risky idea if they plan to franchise him... but i dont think they will worry about not getting a trade, they might not get the picks they want, but they will get something, even if its only a single 5-6th rounder. It beats getting nothing

Monk

Referee
perhaps a silly question but can they tag him and then cut him later without a cap hit if they can work a trade?

If not, it is indeed a risky idea if they plan to franchise him... but i dont think they will worry about not getting a trade, they might not get the picks they want, but they will get something, even if its only a single 5-6th rounder. It beats getting nothing

I think they'll try and get something similar to what the Eagles got for Kolb. I rate Flynn ahead of him tbh.

Raider_69

Post Whore
reid flat out mugged the cards.

If ar thought kolb could be a top flight QB, at his age, he would have kept him and traded vick. The cards bit hard.

I agree that flynn is much better, but being on the hook for a franchise tag for a player they have no intentions on keeping, and the entire league knows it, the packers have significantly less bargining power than the eagles did

Big Mick

Referee
HAHAHAHA if he is the back up QB...enjoy Raider...enjoy..

The guy makes Blaine Gabbert look like Tom Brady in terms of mental strength.

Big Mick

Referee
Interesting to note ROmeo Crennel spent around an hour with RG3 last night and couldn't stop talking about him today.

Chiefs a darkhorse in trading up & also Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

If that happens...Cassell a candidate in Cleveland imo.

Big Mick

Referee
D'well Jackson signed 6 year extension with Browns.

Confirmed: LB Ahmad Brooks is getting $17.5 million guaranteed in 6-year, $44.5 million to stay with #49ers and stay off free agent market. That is interesting...pretty old guy is he not?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Im not sure why everyone is carrying on about the Edwards signing. He will be battling Kafta for the #2 position, which i doubt he gets because Kafta has more upside and Ried likes him, so we've signed a vetern who's won some games and at times looked good, to be our #3 string QB. Even the eagles message board havent seen fit to comment much about this, if we take a QB in this draft (which is very possible) then he might not even make the team

Frederick

Staff member
Sadface :-(

Hines has been awesome for us, but last season showed his career has reached its end. He'll be missed, but now is the era of Wallace, brown and sanders.

zombie jesus

Staff member
It's sad but I was of the opinion this should have happened last season, will be weird seeing him in another jersey if a team picks him up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Very sad, and probably a year too long at steeler nation.

I kind of hope he retires.... HOF bound- what say you LU?

DC_fan

Coach
Shame he couldn't finish his career a steeler. According to his Facebook he wants to continue playing in the NFL

Cupid Stunt

If he pads up elsewhere, I say nothing good comes of it. Get out with your 1000/12000 & hit the TV job queue.

gronkathon

First Grade
Eagles FB confirms the franchise tag has been placed on DeSean Jackson (Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this info)