What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel to Melbourne

Parra-Fan

Juniors
fish eel said:
Yes, I've been watching the flights for a week or so. Problem is, it's a week out and a Sunday, so while you can get a cheapish tix down ( i saw virgin blue $119) its the return leg the killer. Jetstar have the cheapest flights back....but not as many to choose from and you have to get to and from geelong (avalon).

Without checking prices again, I think you could do Jetstar for around $300...maybe a bit less, Virgin Blue and Qantas though you'd be looking at atleast $330 and up to $400.

If you dont want the buses, the train is alright, I've done that down there before. Leave Sydney saturday night, arrive melbourne sunday morning, and then the same comig back.

mmmm ok thank you very much :)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Parra-fan

Not to worry bud, Im gonna ring Graeme Hughes to put forward my idea of moving the game to teltra stadium here in Syndey cause it will accomadate more fans to the game

its all sweet ;-)

Parra-Fan

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
Parra-fan

Not to worry bud, Im gonna ring Graeme Hughes to put forward my idea of moving the game to teltra stadium here in Syndey cause it will accomadate more fans to the game

its all sweet ;-)

hahah i wish that would happen!!! but unfortunatly it wont

Nikki

Coach
TBH, I still dont think I am a fan of this whole "Home city" advantage thing going into Week 3 of the finals..

NT_Eelsfan

Juniors
you should write to David Gallop and request the game be moved to Darwin, because they would get a massive crowd, prolly about the same as at Olympic

noosa-eel

Juniors
Would love to get to this game but we don't have the sort of $$$ it would cost us, so we will be watching it with about 4 other eels supporters after a bbq lunch. :(

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I did a quick check on Webjet.com and worked out that it would cost $1800 just in airfares to take my family down to Mexico. Hard to justify a $2300 weekend just because Dad wants to go to the footy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hellsy said:
I am fortunate enough to be in Melbourne for a wedding on Monday, we fly in on Sunday lunchtime so I am STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess - Do I need to organise tickets for Jay and I?

haha

you going to the footy with JayJaySelems ?

Nickeel

Juniors
Silly question, and I know the answer, but the club doesn't have it in mind to organise and travel packages for Sunday, do they?

Nick

I am so happy I bought my flight to Melbourne about a month ago

Then again I am going to a Conferance over the weekend that finishes about 3pm Sunday. I might have to sneek out a little early.

fish eel

Immortal
Just did another check on virgin

cheapest going down (ie b4 8am) is $115. Coming back $219 @ 7.45 and $249 after that

bradeel

Juniors
does anyone know when the Eels will arrive in Melbourne? Would be great to support them in a training session or something.

fish eel

Immortal
bradeel said:
does anyone know when the Eels will arrive in Melbourne? Would be great to support them in a training session or something.

In keeping with tradition that was set when they travlled to Brisbane, there will be an open training session at tulla.

Latest posts