What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin

possm

Coach
As usual muzby jumping to conclusions because someone doesn’t dance to his tune
Your complete inability to accept posts on face value and just discuss it on the basis of “a given” shows your propensity to play the man which you always deny doing
He is just an egg head and should be ignored. This personal attacks and waiting to ambush certain members just for fun is a blight on the genuine contributions made by members on this forum. I say just ignore.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As usual muzby jumping to conclusions because someone doesn’t dance to his tune
Your complete inability to accept posts on face value and just discuss it on the basis of “a given” shows your propensity to play the man which you always deny doing
Lol..

I asked a simple question... No malice, no criticising, just asked where it had been said as I hadn’t seen that before..

How is that “playing the man”?

Amazing how some people, you included, start carrying on and derail threads with personal attacks..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
He is just an egg head and should be ignored. This personal attacks and waiting to ambush certain members just for fun is a blight on the genuine contributions made by members on this forum. I say just ignore.
Question for you possum.. What exactly was a personal attack in the question I asked?

I’ll wait..

SaintPauli

Juniors
The Sharks treated his son very fairly, he was signed for another two years, then turned into a sook when he thought he deserved a position above Shaun Johnson.. It was Flanno himself that signed someone who blocked his way.
The Sharks have moved on from the Flanagans. I like the Flange but his time was up at the club. It happens, one day you'll be rid of Mary.
What you really mean with regards to Mary leaving ! i.e. Most of us on this forum wanted it to happen 2 friggin years ago !!!!!! Thanks for the sympathy though.

At least by the looks of things it’s only a 2 year contract.
If the money is not too high it might be an ok signing.
I was more concerned it would be a 3 or 4 year deal which would be crazy.

possm

Coach
What you really mean with regards to Mary leaving ! i.e. Most of us on this forum wanted it to happen 2 friggin years ago !!!!!! Thanks for the sympathy though.
I'd say that if Flanagan did not have the NRL two year head coach ban over his head, the Board would have probably let Mary go with a golden handshake prior to season 2020. If this ban can be reduced a year for 'good behaviour' maybe Flanagan could be our head coach for 2021.

Of course there is no telling what the future plans are, especially with Dean Young still on the coaching staff and his with farther being a member of the Board.

SaintPauli

Juniors
I'd say that if Flanagan did not have the NRL two year head coach ban over his head, the Board would have probably let Mary go with a golden handshake prior to season 2020. If this ban can be reduced a year for 'good behaviour' maybe Flanagan could be our head coach for 2021.

Of course there is no telling what the future plans are, especially with Dean Young still on the coaching staff and his with farther being a member of the Board.
Agree Possm i just hope Flannagan does not end up being a 1 year hit sensation and then he moves elsewhere when he realizes (sad to say) the basket case institution he is part off. I sincerely hope he overcomes the large obstacles , wins and becomes the dragons full time coach for all our fans sakes.

SaintElroy

Juniors
I’m actually all for this, I reckon Mez will have a couple of great years being back home.i know the last couple of years he’s been just on ok.

I like luc as a player and flashes of brilliance but I don’t know if he has it to be a bigger minute /more consistent player (time well tell over at the tigers).

welcome back Trent I hope you have a cracker mate, we need you at you’re best

Dragsters

First Grade
https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/11/30/merrin-returns-to-the-dragons/

"Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward confirmed Merrin would take Luciano Leilua's vacated spot in the Dragons' Top 30."

I don't mind the idea of adding Merrin to bolster the pack but at the cost if losing Luc puts us back in the negative imo.

I will be very interested to see what else Millward does with...

"As a result we'll be able to do a multiple things as far as overall recruitment is concerned with Luciano's money."