What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial games

Boy

Juniors
BRONCOS
Saturday, February 8: v Cowboys (Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe, Qld)
Saturday, February 15: v Titans (Kougari Oval, Wynnum, Qld)
Sunday, February 23: v Warriors (Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, NZ)

Yow Yeh named to start and young teenager Kodi Nikorima to play in the halves

its great to see yow yeh back and cant wait to see this young half in action.
Who do you see getting a chance in the trials and how do you think they will go?

does anyone know if these trials will be televised at all ?

Smiley

Bench
I expect, players to play, tries to be scored and goals to be kicked.

Plus one season ending injury.

Tera

Juniors
Team for the first trial against the Cowboys is as follows;

BRONCOS

1 Jordan Kahu
2 Lachlan Maranta
3 Dale Copley
4 Jharal Yow Yeh
5 Stewart Mills
6 Zach Strasser
7 Kodi Nikorima
8 Martin Kennedy
9 Jake Granville
10 Jon Green
11 Joe Ofahehgaue
12 David Stagg
13 Todd Lowrie

Interchange

14 Cameron Cullen
15 Marmin Barba
16 Daniel Vidot
17 Jordan Drew
18 David Hala
19 Jarrod Wallace
20 Frank Molo
21 Sebastian Martins

Coach Anthony Griffin

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Dunno if Oates has been training there, but I hope he gets a run in the back row for one of these trials.

Big Pete

Referee
Oates is set to miss the first month of the NRL season.

Still recuperating from his shoulder surgery.

He could be back earlier, but I doubt we'll see him play in any of these trial matches.

Kiwi

First Grade
a lot of spots up for grabs, wing spots, the number 6, starting front row, a couple of bench spots.

natheel

Coach
Have you guys actually signed Sebastien Martins? or is it a trial type contract for the trials and then see if he earns a proper contract?

Kiwi

First Grade
Have you guys actually signed Sebastien Martins? or is it a trial type contract for the trials and then see if he earns a proper contract?

He is signed buy our feeder team the Capras. Both Capra front rowers are getting to train pre season and a trial with the Broncos. Both are huge blokes tipping the scales at 120kg each. Arlin Paki is the other prop getting a shot

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Ay, from my understanding, we tend to give these guys a shot in the first trial.

I'm sure if Martins impresses, he'll receive an extended go but on the surface I don't think he's more than a novelty.

some11

Referee
If confirmed by scans tomorrow it's a bit worrying, not many players would be able to come back from three before their career has really even started.

jakepearce94

Juniors
CM reporting Kahu done his ACL again.

they also said kodi nikorima scored the try but it was his younger brother jayden.

broncos showed signs of great attack, their defense let them down a lot tonight and i think thats where we showed our inexperience. was impressed with Jon Green, had some strong hitups, Strasser played his part pretty well, Kodi Nikorima, who is one of my childhood friends had a pretty solid debut, and granville looked dangerous like always. Also made a late cameo, Jayden Nikorima, remember the name, he will make it into the NRL.

Big Pete

Referee
Thanks for the report jp.

I heard that Green, Kennedy & Lowrie were among our best on the evening.

Others like Granville & Cullen play well but showed faults.

Defence was pretty poor, but to be expected when you've got a make-shift forward pack & rookie halves.

Both Nikorimas showed good signs, but Jayden may have stolen the spotlight from his brother. He's been in the long term plans for awhile, alongside Taylor and it will be interesting to see who ends up being Milford's long term partner.

Also interesting to point on that the Broncos squad was extended to 26 - Jayden Nikorima, Brett Greinke, Ajuma Adams & Elijah Alick were last minute additions.

Last edited: