What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial: Parra vs Penrith

Incorrect

Coach
It's amazing isn't it.... As much as I'd love to be able to erase that 98 prelim from my memory, it's as vivid in my mind today as it was nearly 18 years ago....

Those days, channel 9 weren't showing the prelim's Live, the were on 1 hour delay.... so there I was at home watching the game on delay and we are 18-2 up, not much time left on the clock.... I'm happy as Larry, starting to think about whether me and my mates should try and get tix for the GF or organise a bbq etc etc.... So excited was I that I changed the channel over to channel 10 to see if their Sports Tonight (remember that show?) afternoon edition had any wrap up of the game....

And then the horror unfolded.... The final score flashes up on channel 10. Dogs 32, Eels 20 after extra time....

Confusion reigned - "What are they talking about? Is that a lower grade score? They've made a mistake. That can't be right?!"

I switch back to 9 and the capitulation was in full swing.... terrible terrible stuff....

hybrideel

Bench
My wedding was on a game night. Most of the formal crap was out of the way by the time the game kicked off so there was no drama getting the updates. Was a bonus that we had a rare win over canberra 18-16

Dibs

Bench
My 1st anniversary was on gf day 2001. My wife is still complaining about the lack of attention she got

^b0ss^

Juniors
I was at that game MASSIVE MASSIVE croud i think it was jim Dymock that made a break and past it to Shane whereat to score under the post i had totally lost my Sh*t at this stage thinking were off to the GF.

EelsFan05

Bench
It's amazing isn't it.... As much as I'd love to be able to erase that 98 prelim from my memory, it's as vivid in my mind today as it was nearly 18 years ago....

Those days, channel 9 weren't showing the prelim's Live, the were on 1 hour delay.... so there I was at home watching the game on delay and we are 18-2 up, not much time left on the clock.... I'm happy as Larry, starting to think about whether me and my mates should try and get tix for the GF or organise a bbq etc etc.... So excited was I that I changed the channel over to channel 10 to see if their Sports Tonight (remember that show?) afternoon edition had any wrap up of the game....

And then the horror unfolded.... The final score flashes up on channel 10. Dogs 32, Eels 20 after extra time....

Confusion reigned - "What are they talking about? Is that a lower grade score? They've made a mistake. That can't be right?!"

I switch back to 9 and the capitulation was in full swing.... terrible terrible stuff....

That is exactly how my afternoon unfolded.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just on a side note guys - Watch RCG. I reckon this kid is good enough too play origin. If Jnrs going i say go hard for him. He really impressed me last year in his first season.At 22 -195cm and 110kgs he would be a great replacement for Jnr. I reckon he could go all the way and play for Australia too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just on a side note guys - Watch RCG. I reckon this kid is good enough too play origin. If Jnrs going i say go hard for him. He really impressed me last year in his first season.At 22 -195cm and 110kgs he would be a great replacement for Jnr. I reckon he could go all the way and play for Australia too.
Is there any Penrith player you don't go hard for??? :eek:

The Colonel

Immortal
Played in the Kotronakis Cup (some will know what this is) with a few members of the forum on my wedding day. They had recently placed fine sand down on Richie Benaud Oval and scraped the top layer of skin off my calf going in to make a tackle. Didn't seem to bad until it started to weep during the wedding and the pants of my suit started to stick to my leg.

A good mate got married the weekend we played the Tigers. The whole bridal party had an interest in the game on both sides and I had to relay, much to my own wife's disgust, the score updates. We lost unfortunately.....

Latest posts