What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah he f**ked up quite significantly but no need.to hang him out to dry. I'd suggest if the drug test comes back negative he'll only miss one or two games max. Expired license is idiotic but won't be penalized for it. Surprised the drug thing has been made public prior to the B sample result being confirmed. On the plus side he notified the club immediately who in turn notified the integrity unit. We all make mistakes at the end of the day and it's important that the club puts the right welfare and support in place. I'm confident that Fitz and the current management have the skillset to make sure there's some significant accountability for his stupid actions while still providing him with the support he obviously needs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yeah he f**ked up quite significantly but no need.to hang him out to dry. I'd suggest if the drug test comes back negative he'll only miss one or two games max. Expired license is idiotic but won't be penalized for it. Surprised the drug thing has been made public prior to the B sample result being confirmed. On the plus side he notified the club immediately who in turn notified the integrity unit. We all make mistakes at the end of the day and it's important that the club puts the right welfare and support in place. I'm confident that Fitz and the current management have the skillset to make sure there's some significant accountability for his stupid actions while still providing him with the support he obviously needs.
Well, the drug test was just a $20 saliva test we use at work. Not reliable. They need a blood test or a GCMS urine to confirm. Saliva test doesn't stand up in a court as far as I know

Frenzy.

Immortal
Reports about him coming from a team mates house suggests they could target the club.
I know the report you refer to. Still can't see the club getting in a tizz too soon.

No mention on 360 whatsoever may be a sign the wagons are tightly circled.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Well, the drug test was just a $20 saliva test we use at work. Not reliable. They need a blood test or a GCMS urine to confirm. Saliva test doesn't stand up in a court as far as I know
No it doesn't stand up I believe....Also depends if it's his first positive drug test (NRL wise) if it does come back positive. My understanding that the first offence is just a warning... counseling and it's normally kept private.

SharkShocked

Bench
No it doesn't stand up I believe....Also depends if it's his first positive drug test (NRL wise) if it does come back positive. My understanding that the first offence is just a warning... counseling and it's normally kept private.

This applies generally to in house testing.

Bit different when you are pulled over.

Special K

Coach
Reports about him coming from a team mates house suggests they could target the club.
They? The same evil NRL who want to move us to Perth? Perhaps they’ll buy our ground and sell it off for more units!

Maybe they spiked Trindall!

Seriously though taking the seriousness of the f**k up into account I can only imagine the lashing Trindall got. Especially on Dale’s day. That’s what I mean about trust from the club.

again how the f**k do you get busted literally outside of your office?!

Ozzi_78

First Grade
They? The same evil NRL who want to move us to Perth? Perhaps they’ll buy our ground and sell it off for more units!

Seriously though taking the seriousness of the f**k up into account I can only imagine the lashing Trindall got. Especially on Dale’s day. That’s what I mean about trust from the club.

I knew about the RBT in the back streets of Taren point leaving the ground, how he didn’t know about this one is beyond ridiculous

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Yeah dumb as dog shit ... especially when he's bided his time to achieve his dream. Club will no doubt support him but be guided by the integrity unit as to consequences. Should be a lesson not only to him but all young footballers.

Chimp

Bench
Dumb… selfish…. Reckless….

Unfortunately (but maybe fortunately for us), this type of thing is far too common in young blokes. The whole coke culture does my tits in personally, but it is what it is.

Hopefully he learns the lesson and it’s a kick the ass that he needs (and I suspect some of his teammates too) and both he and the team come out better for the experience.

Thankfully, nobody has been hurt, rugby very much comes after that in terms of priority.

Dumb… selfish…. Reckless….

Unfortunately (but maybe fortunately for us), this type of thing is far too common in young blokes. The whole coke culture does my tits in personally, but it is what it is.

Hopefully he learns the lesson and it’s a kick the ass that he needs (and I suspect some of his teammates too) and both he and the team come out better for the experience.

Thankfully, nobody has been hurt, rugby very much comes after that in terms of priority.
I've got some English mates and they tell me the football away days are nothing but a coke fest. The buses have barely got into second gear and everyone's on the sniff 🤣

Not my thing either I can't stand it but the way they describe it makes me laugh.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Tricky's (allegedly) been a very silly boy no doubt - so disappointing after he worked so long to become a starting half.
I think talk of sacking is way over the top, the legal process will play out, and the NRL will likely impose a medium sanction if the allegations / test results are proven in court.
If they are, Tricky can/will come back from this *IF* he takes the right learnings from it.

I don't get the whole coke culture either - but anecdotally it sounds like a surprising percentage of NRL players get involved with it over the course of a season.
And DUI driving - zero tolerance for that.

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
I've got some English mates and they tell me the football away days are nothing but a coke fest. The buses have barely got into second gear and everyone's on the sniff 🤣

Not my thing either I can't stand it but the way they describe it makes me laugh.
That’s exactly right. And it’s even worse in the amateur/community rugby league circles (as are steroids). I played my last season in 2019, in our squad of around 25 players, there were only 2 of us who didn’t get on the gear after a match. And it’s quite brazen - it would be out in the changing rooms straight after the game.
I also know for a fact that Super League clubs teach their players how to flush their system to reduce likelihood of getting tested and caught. They’d never admit it publically, but I know the clubs would actually prefer the players to be on the gear rather than beer, as it has a lower impact on their fitness levels and recovery times. And if that’s the way it is in Super League, I’m pretty confident it’ll be the same in the NRL.

NotaJourno

Juniors
Hopefully not but others have been. Different circumstances but The Bulldogs were hit with a $250,000 fine after players Adam Elliot and teammates were caught drunk, naked and dancing in public.
That was their mad Monday, very different