What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

shaggs

Coach
Holmes and Munster got a week.

As for the DUI, my mate got a midrange, which was then downgraded to low range at court with no suspension or fine.
It does happen, he had a good record though. Sounds like tricky doesn’t

blue bags

First Grade

As for the DUI, my mate got a midrange, which was then downgraded to low range at court with no suspension or fine.
Get licence statuses of every one involved in the. club. Be on the front feet.

That’s exactly right. And it’s even worse in the amateur/community rugby league circles (as are steroids). I played my last season in 2019, in our squad of around 25 players, there were only 2 of us who didn’t get on the gear after a match. And it’s quite brazen - it would be out in the changing rooms straight after the game.
I also know for a fact that Super League clubs teach their players how to flush their system to reduce likelihood of getting tested and caught. They’d never admit it publically, but I know the clubs would actually prefer the players to be on the gear rather than beer, as it has a lower impact on their fitness levels and recovery times. And if that’s the way it is in Super League, I’m pretty confident it’ll be the same in the NRL.
If you believe what you read or hear then it's basically an open secret that cocaine use is rife with the players. Yet the only players ever caught are by the cops or posting their stupidity on social media.

Now why would that be? Because players testing positive is bad for the brand and bad publicity loses sponsorship dollars so it's in the best interests of the clubs and sport as a whole to sweep as much stuff under the carpet as possible.

Same goes for the premier league, it's obvious as anything certain clubs are doped up to the eyeballs when they can run around like headless chickens for season upon season without fatigue becoming a factor then as soon as they leave the club and move to another country they look like they've barely kicked a ball before. The big broadcast deals might dry right up if that house of cards ever started to topple.

Chimp

Bench
If you believe what you read or hear then it's basically an open secret that cocaine use is rife with the players. Yet the only players ever caught are by the cops or posting their stupidity on social media.

Now why would that be? Because players testing positive is bad for the brand and bad publicity loses sponsorship dollars so it's in the best interests of the clubs and sport as a whole to sweep as much stuff under the carpet as possible.

Same goes for the premier league, it's obvious as anything certain clubs are doped up to the eyeballs when they can run around like headless chickens for season upon season without fatigue becoming a factor then as soon as they leave the club and move to another country they look like they've barely kicked a ball before. The big broadcast deals might dry right up if that house of cards ever started to topple.
Interesting you mention Premier League - I know 2 Ex-premier League footballers very well, 1 of which is very well known and played for England too. He played at a couple of the biggest (and richest) English teams - at the very rich London club he played for, they actually have what is effectively a club sanctioned dealer. This individual has a lab where all the gear he provides to the players is tested, so that they can be sure it’s absolutely pure and they’re not getting anything that’s been cut with something nasty. Obviously they pay a fortune for it, but it’s the best possible gear, with minimised risk. I’m not an expert in this stuff, but they get a lot of their substances in a liquid form, and it goes into a type of vape that basically looks like a pen, so you’d never know what it was.
The players also only ever really go out into private member clubs, again sanctioned by clubs, where security are ‘on their side’… it’s a different world!

DJDL

Bench

The difference is neither of them were proven to be in possession.
Munster said he was too drunk to remember what it was.
Val said it was just a joke and not really drugs.

Trindall has tested positive - though there have been recent incidents where a false positive was returned (Josh Reynolds).

The most closely related recent example would be Reece Walsh, who was given a $5,000 fine and 2 weeks suspension.
With that in mind, and with the DUI/unlicensed driving on top, I'd be expecting somewhere around a month of footy and a similar fine.

That Trindall was straight up about it and the Club got on the front foot in dealing with it will work in his favour, IMHO.

Eion

First Grade
At least the reports are now that tricky went out with mates at midnight, and none of them were teammates.

Eion

First Grade
Oh and get new f**ken mates tricky. Did you not see what happened with barba?!

sladden road

Juniors
I truely feel a few things here;

it’s not the end of the Sharks world. Let’s see how good the “system “ is. Atkinson is more than a decent football player.
Let the team rise to the occasion. We were always going to lose a half for a period and this has been on my mind for over a month.
Welcome the fella back when he is available.
Yes we are disappointed yet it’s time to really shine as a team.
Rally around the chosen team and keep moving forward.

mad for all the other merkins who got off the powder charges, whatever.

We play what we have in front of us.

Imagine being Fitz at around 12 pm Monday, FMF

Thats some real stress .

Frenzy.

Immortal
So what happens in a similar situation where the person caught is not well known and just has a normal 9 to 5 job?
Usually surprisingly lenient with drug use/possesion. No easy explanation though as there is a myriad of circumstances.

Not so much with the grog.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Certain jobs you would be sacked immediately, if he had made training, he would have been over the limit.
Other jobs that is automatic dismissal, not a stand down which he has it's good bye
Monday would have just been a recovery session for the team. Tricky would have needed a recovery from the bender as well as the game.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I truely feel a few things here;

it’s not the end of the Sharks world. Let’s see how good the “system “ is. Atkinson is more than a decent football player.
Let the team rise to the occasion. We were always going to lose a half for a period and this has been on my mind for over a month.
Welcome the fella back when he is available.
Yes we are disappointed yet it’s time to really shine as a team.
Rally around the chosen team and keep moving forward.

mad for all the other merkins who got off the powder charges, whatever.

We play what we have in front of us.

Imagine being Fitz at around 12 pm Monday, FMF

Thats some real stress .
Also-pharquin-lutely!

You always get chances to test your mettle during a season. Here's a big chance.

Would people feel as fatalistic if he had slipped in a gutter and broken his ankle?