What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trindall fails roadside alcohol and drug tests

Frenzy.

Immortal
S

i was thinking that also Doc. It’s not a sentencing hearing.
Yeah, it's all a bit complex and several charges may or may not have criminality attached. Gets a bit arbitrary sometimes how they charge a person. Sometimes magistrate decides at sentencing.

sladden road

Juniors
Yeah, it's all a bit complex and several charges may or may not have criminality attached. Gets a bit arbitrary sometimes how they charge a person. Sometimes magistrate decides at sentencing.
IMO that’s the way…but I deal with children’s court .

Which would send the judgemental, privileged ( relatively )merkins throwing shit on TT into a fit of apoplectic rage.

it’s a thing, as you would know.

Eion

First Grade
Rose coloured glasses on. Second sample comes back neg. Tricky cops to the drinking and expired licence charge. Then there is a good chance it all gets wrapped up at the first court date and there’d be no reason for the nrl to delay further.

What I don’t know is how long it takes for the lab results to come back, hopefully before the court mention.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Rose coloured glasses on. Second sample comes back neg. Tricky cops to the drinking and expired licence charge. Then there is a good chance it all gets wrapped up at the first court date and there’d be no reason for the nrl to delay further.

What I don’t know is how long it takes for the lab results to come back, hopefully before the court mention.
100% Eion. That's where a magistrate can arbitrate.

My mate had a mid range DUI, had had his license suspended 3 times (de merits) leading up to that (over 20 years). Didn't drive in suspended license or anything like that but went to court, with a brief) knowing he could have copped jail and a huge fine.

He didn't. He got a long suspension and around $1500. All happened at the mention because he requested a blood alcohol reading at the cop station and that came back lower than mid range.

Then there are horror stories that go the other way.

Stake Removed

First Grade
100% Eion. That's where a magistrate can arbitrate.

My mate had a mid range DUI, had had his license suspended 3 times (de merits) leading up to that (over 20 years). Didn't drive in suspended license or anything like that but went to court, with a brief) knowing he could have copped jail and a huge fine.

He didn't. He got a long suspension and around $1500. All happened at the mention because he requested a blood alcohol reading at the cop station and that came back lower than mid range.

Then there are horror stories that go the other way.
Can very much depend on which magistrate you get, that's where the legal team are so important.
They might seem adjournment when they know who they are getting I know in QLD, the magistrate is announced around 5pm.day before

Frenzy.

Immortal
Can very much depend on which magistrate you get, that's where the legal team are so important.
They might seem adjournment when they know who they are getting I know in QLD, the magistrate is announced around 5pm.day before
I think it's the same in NSW. Trick's listing is a Friday so will know who they are getting Thursday (I think)

Generalzod

Immortal
One thing quite noticeable is the lack of negative commentary around this incident.

I make up the media is not pushing any negative stores atm.

IMO it’s a good thing.

All I have heard is play on and let the courts decide.

People on on here should follow.
I noticed the same thing not one time this has got mentioned on NRL 360 or any of the sport shows on radio, My personal opinion is most of these so called journalist that report on Rugby League have also been found doing the same shit.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not always. My mate went in with mid range. Got downgraded to Low range and he got off without any loss of licence or disqualification
Same as the story I posted. There was one magistrate at Sutho years ago who did throw the book at everyone. He was well known and so was his back story.

Chimp

Bench
I noticed the same thing not one time this has got mentioned on NRL 360 or any of the sport shows on radio, My personal opinion is most of these so called journalist that report on Rugby League have also been found doing the same shit.
The first night they went to air after it had become public, they had Kent (obviously) and Hooper on - no coincidence they didn’t fancy talking about it.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Article out by Riccio today about how clubs handle player indiscretions. Not subscribing so can’t post it but suspect it’s a Dino led piece.