What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple J Hottest 100 2009

Flapper

First Grade
I kinda like it now I've heard it 47 million times. The video is a hard thing to look at though with her mug front and centre.

Mong

Post Whore
The hottest 100 just seems to deteriorate every year....

:lol:

There is always one.. Just like in each years BDO thread..

What has powderfinger released this year? If they have anything out they are big chances to win again

Sir Biffo

Bench
FRIENDLY FIRES - Skeleton Boy, JONATHAN BOULET - A Community Service Announcement, JULIAN CASABLANCAS - 11th Dimension, METRIC - Sick Muse, MIDDLE EAST, THE - Blood, PASSION PIT - The Reeling, PHILADELPHIA GRAND JURY - Wet Winter Holiday, PHOENIX - Lasso, TEMPER TRAP, THE - Fader, WHITLEY - Head, First, Down

Danish

Referee
Thats right guys....

Music is just getting crapper, you aren't in anyway just getting older.

Red Bear

Referee
Thats right guys....

Music is just getting crapper, you aren't in anyway just getting older.
Your saying sh*te like the presets and all the other electro pap is good music? I think calling that music is being generous.

Even JJJ presenters have said that 09 was slim pickings, and they usually talk up anything as long as its 3 months old

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think his point is everyone has different tastes. For every person like you who whinges and whines that music has gone "down the crapper", there's plenty of people who love every note and word and beat of modern music. It's been that way forever, the music you liked when you were younger would've been scoffed at by those in generations above you...

Danish

Referee
Your saying sh*te like the presets and all the other electro pap is good music? I think calling that music is being generous.

Even JJJ presenters have said that 09 was slim pickings, and they usually talk up anything as long as its 3 months old

I was in a record store, and they were playing all these bands I'd never heard of. It was like the store had gone crazy.

Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

What the hell are you two doing?!
It's called "rocking out", dad. You're just not with it.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me... and the same thing is going to happen to you!
No way, man! We're gonna keep on rockin' Forever! Forever! Forever!

fish eel

Immortal
I was in a record store, and they were playing all these bands I'd never heard of. It was like the store had gone crazy.

Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.

What the hell are you two doing?!
It's called "rocking out", dad. You're just not with it.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me... and the same thing is going to happen to you!
No way, man! We're gonna keep on rockin' Forever! Forever! Forever!

Nope. Not 74.

1972 when the Rolling Stones released Exile on Main Street.

Apey

Staff member
I get the reference, I hate modern music though at 18 years old. Much prefer 80s/90s then 00's, by a long long long way.

Apey

Staff member
Well, whatever it is, what was the reference?

Simpsons episode when they go to Hullabalooza and Homer joins the travelling freak show.. the extract is from the scene when Homer remembers what Grandpa says to him and Barney while they are combing their hair in front of a mirror.

Big Pete

Referee
I still think Punk music is one of the most overated forms of music. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun genre but there's next to no substance within the genre.

elyod138

Bench
I still think Punk music is one of the most overated forms of music. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun genre but there's next to no substance within the genre.

That comment is just as ignorant as Red Bear's about electro.

Blanket statements like that are just silly.