What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll Free Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker

Coach
It seems that crowds are crap for both codes of Rugby in both New Zealand and Australia.Just caught a checked out the Reds S15 derby with the Brumbies at Suncorp and wondered where were all the bandwagoners from last week.

If I was some swallow minded tunnel vision EPL/Soccer nut and I was doing the old Australian and New Zealand travelling,then I think both codes of Rugby in Aus/NZ were dying from the mass of empty seats at Eden Park,Suncorp,Skilled and SFS.

Can not stand the AFL but despite what people say about it's better watching Aussie Rules live then on TV yet when you see it on TV the big crowds are there.

Pay TV might be the bread and butter for the NRL and S15 but it seems it's having an effect on the crowds,maybe there is just too much Rugby League/Union on TV.And I hate the excuse that people say they rather watch a game in the comfort of there own house with a few beers then go to a wind,rain swept ground and pay a fortune for flat beer and cold pies,which may be true but I can not watch a game on TV if there is a shit crowd as it just doesn't come over well on TV with the lack of crowd atmosphere.

You think that PayTV has had a big effect on crowds? What do you believe would happen if we went back to the days when there were blackouts and some games were delayed on Foxtel (unlike today where every Foxtel game is live), or furthermore, the days when some games weren't even televised on either FTA or PayTV?

Raiderdave

First Grade
So you honestly believe that Newcastle, Canberra, NQ and the CC mean nothing to tv broadcasters?

Even if you're one of the morons who think regional ratings don't count you absolutely can't dsiscount the large amount of foxtel subscriptions in these areas.

Maybe you should look at how much advertising revenue is made in regional NSW and QLD before making comments like that as well.

Not to mention even if you do discount all these areas where is the NRL really missing out? We already have a team in the 3 biggest markets in the Country.

The only real big market we are missing out on is Perth and that soon won't be a problem.

Then the one place we have left is Adelaide. I would rather not have a presence in Adelaide then miss out on all the places i listed above.

he's a AFL apologist who can't accept his silly little sporting oddity runs a distant 2nd to Rugby League on TV
like all fumble ball followers .. he needs to get ova it & be prepared for when our game gets a billion dollar TV deal too ;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
It seems that crowds are crap for both codes of Rugby in both New Zealand and Australia.Just caught a checked out the Reds S15 derby with the Brumbies at Suncorp and wondered where were all the bandwagoners from last week.

If I was some swallow minded tunnel vision EPL/Soccer nut and I was doing the old Australian and New Zealand travelling,then I think both codes of Rugby in Aus/NZ were dying from the mass of empty seats at Eden Park,Suncorp,Skilled and SFS.

Can not stand the AFL but despite what people say about it's better watching Aussie Rules live then on TV yet when you see it on TV the big crowds are there.

Pay TV might be the bread and butter for the NRL and S15 but it seems it's having an effect on the crowds,maybe there is just too much Rugby League/Union on TV.And I hate the excuse that people say they rather watch a game in the comfort of there own house with a few beers then go to a wind,rain swept ground and pay a fortune for flat beer and cold pies,which may be true but I can not watch a game on TV if there is a shit crowd as it just doesn't come over well on TV with the lack of crowd atmosphere.

well yes..one is .. & its not League ;-)
will post the highest attendance aggregate & average in its History in 2011
considering the woeful weather so far in 2011 .. thats a wonderful result
well done NRL.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Maybe we just play games in 17k stadiums and go for tv numbers...

We need a specialized NRL professional team armed with the task of building crowds.... Community Membership team or something.

i cant believe we will average less on the GC than the AFL this year,,, FFS this shit is our territory, i dont care how many f**king ex pats live there or not...

Cumberland Throw

First Grade

We need a specialized NRL professional team armed with the task of building crowds.... Community Membership team or something.

i cant believe we will average less on the GC than the AFL this year,,, FFS this shit is our territory, i dont care how many f**king ex pats live there or not...

Teddyboy

First Grade
I agree, watching games with tiny crowds... makes me want to switch off no matter how good the game is

Yes and News LTD/Fox/NRL should take note because they may think it's all well not getting fans to the ground because they presume they are sitting at home watching it on Fox or on in the bar but in truth I bet there are thousands of fans who switch off the game if there are tiny crowds.
Take note NRL/Fox.

Flapper

First Grade
If you turn off a game of footy because there isn't a big crowd you are a f**king lunatic. I don't know about some of the other fruitcakes in this thread, but I watch the action on the field, not the people watching the game.

adamkungl

Immortal
BAck early from the SFS brother..... what happened stayed home and watched it on foxtel with a milo, did we...

Well done u are a true rooster booster...

I posted that at 11:30, I'd been back from the SFS for an hour and a half :lol:

If you turn off a game of footy because there isn't a big crowd you are a f**king lunatic. I don't know about some of the other fruitcakes in this thread, but I watch the action on the field, not the people watching the game.

Nothing like some good crowd watching :sarcasm:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So we're supposed to buy the argument that SEQ needs another team when the Gold Coast has crowds declining to the point where Cronulla outdrew them against a team from another state on the same weekend?

Dear oh dear.

Mark Rudd

Juniors

I'd say 8,000. Then they'd be nearly full most weeks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bunniesman... :lol:

People want to watch the Bulldogs even when they're not playing that well.

Souths are slipping out of the top echelon of Sydney club crowds very quickly. I know the Storm isn't a big-drawing game but 11k on a fine Sunday afternoon is unacceptable.

undertaker

Coach
11,528 at ANZ.

That is a very good crowd, considering they were playing an interstate side. 5 yrs ago Souths would've been happy to get half that amount for todays fixture under the regime of Bomber McRae. I'd say that 99% of the crowd today were Rabbitohs members. I guess it does highlight how much of an impact the membership drives have had since they commenced only a few years ago or so. Would've got more ppl if this match was either at Perth or Gosford, as well as looking a lot better on TV without all the empty seats such as what you see at ANZ Stadium.

And to those 99% of Rabbo supporters who turned up today...LOL@50uff$

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
That is a very good crowd, considering they were playing an interstate side. I guess it does highlight how much of an impact the membership drives have had since they commenced only a few years ago or so. Would've got more ppl if this match was either at Perth or Gosford.

Regarding the attendance, 5 yrs ago Souths would've been happy to get half that amount under the regime of Bomber McRae. I'd say that 99% of the crowd today were Rabbitohs members.

And to all of them...LOL@50uff$

Sorry but I disagree.

With all their "members" on a day like today they should have got at least 15k.

Although I do agree with the last part. LOL@50UFFS

MightySharks

Bench
Very good crowd? They have 20 000 members, it is not a very good crowd and they count the bloke that sells the $10 hot dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts