What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll Free Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Your stats are meaningless.

83k out of 4.6m = 1.8%

83k being the capacity at ANZ so it’s impossible to beat the 3% of Canberrans going to Raiders games.

Under your logic London Soccer fans are a laughing stock for only getting a tiny percentage of their population to the FA cup final.

A fairer comparison, one which I am sure you are aware of but don’t have the guts to do would be the following:

9 Sydney teams combine average so far in 2011 = 156,848

In other words 3.4% of Sydney’s population regularly attends NRL games

;-)

ummm at least they fill the darn thing :o:shock:

thats what we do when we can't beat a % because its impossibe to
we fill the largest stadium we have
Sydney hasn't done that for an origin since 2005.. now thats embarrasing

CMUX

ummm at least they fill the darn thing

thats what we do when we can't beat a % because its impossibe to
we fill the largest stadium we have
Sydney hasn't done that for an origin since 2005.. now thats embarrassing

Impossible? Your capacity is 25,000 (correct me if I am wrong). Your average is only 13k so it certainly is possible for Canberra fans to be the 3.4% that Sydney garners

going to the game on Saturday ?

oh hell what was I thinking
you're a Roosters fan
they wouldn't know where the SFS is .. would they ?

18k > 13k

Oh I almost forgot... ;-)

CMUX

The percentage of a population going to games is a very limited stat.

What if the NRL admit a team where the towns population is 500. If they get 250 people to every game does that make them the most supported team in the NRL?

Also i don't think you can say that every single Sydney team is drawing from 4.6 million. They all have their own areas.

You are 100% correct. Raiderdave believes it does matter though.

It’s a shame his own statistic doesn’t work in his favour.

adamkungl

Immortal
going to the game on Saturday ?

oh hell what was I thinking
you're a Roosters fan
they wouldn't know where the SFS is .. would they ?

lulz Roosters crowds shit on Canbraaas year in year out. Oh but it's cold :lol:

And yes, I am going to the game. Season tickets and all.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is Raiderdave a reinvention of Haynetrain?

Excessive use of smileys is painful.

Raiderdave

First Grade
lulz Roosters crowds shit on Canbraaas year in year out. Oh but it's cold :lol:

And yes, I am going to the game. Season tickets and all.

thanks to the fans of .. Parramatta , The Dragons .. the Bulldogs , the Tigers .. hell even Souths fans seem to be able to come out from under the rock they hide under for most of the season when playing your mob

if it wasn't for the fans of these sides
Roosters crowds wouldn't fill a phone box :shock::lol::lol::lol:

bobmar28

Bench
hardly the point....
they sold their 2 games out in 10 minutes each
they'd never get under 80K to an origin if they had a venue that size for it

would have sold 100K to the decider this year

Sydneysiders need to take a good hard look at themselves ;-)

But they don't.

Raiderdave

First Grade
lol, aren't Parra averaging 16k this year?

And didn't the chookies get 10k or so on a Sunday arvo in the last couple of weeks?

you can't polish a turd
thats a poor turnout for 2 of Sydneys bigger drawing sides in anyones terms
there were probably 7K plus dragons fans there
meaning only about 9K eels fans bothered to walk out the front door in a lot of cases .. on a fine mild night to go to the game. pretty poor :?

Teddyboy

First Grade
It seems that crowds are crap for both codes of Rugby in both New Zealand and Australia.Just caught a checked out the Reds S15 derby with the Brumbies at Suncorp and wondered where were all the bandwagoners from last week.

If I was some swallow minded tunnel vision EPL/Soccer nut and I was doing the old Australian and New Zealand travelling,then I think both codes of Rugby in Aus/NZ were dying from the mass of empty seats at Eden Park,Suncorp,Skilled and SFS.

Can not stand the AFL but despite what people say about it's better watching Aussie Rules live then on TV yet when you see it on TV the big crowds are there.

Pay TV might be the bread and butter for the NRL and S15 but it seems it's having an effect on the crowds,maybe there is just too much Rugby League/Union on TV.And I hate the excuse that people say they rather watch a game in the comfort of there own house with a few beers then go to a wind,rain swept ground and pay a fortune for flat beer and cold pies,which may be true but I can not watch a game on TV if there is a shit crowd as it just doesn't come over well on TV with the lack of crowd atmosphere.

Billythekid

First Grade
It seems that crowds are crap for both codes of Rugby in both New Zealand and Australia.Just caught a checked out the Reds S15 derby with the Brumbies at Suncorp and wondered where were all the bandwagoners from last week.

If I was some swallow minded tunnel vision EPL/Soccer nut and I was doing the old Australian and New Zealand travelling,then I think both codes of Rugby in Aus/NZ were dying from the mass of empty seats at Eden Park,Suncorp,Skilled and SFS.

Can not stand the AFL but despite what people say about it's better watching Aussie Rules live then on TV yet when you see it on TV the big crowds are there.

Pay TV might be the bread and butter for the NRL and S15 but it seems it's having an effect on the crowds,maybe there is just too much Rugby League/Union on TV.And I hate the excuse that people say they rather watch a game in the comfort of there own house with a few beers then go to a wind,rain swept ground and pay a fortune for flat beer and cold pies,which may be true but I can not watch a game on TV if there is a shit crowd as it just doesn't come over well on TV with the lack of crowd atmosphere.

Do you ever get tired of posting the same dribble week in week out.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Yeah the crowd for the Tits was crap, but not as crap as what your very own countrymen dish up weekly.

What was it last night?

Oh, that's right, 3 games played and a TOTAL of 16k.

Give yourself an uppercut.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
One other thing Teddy, you say Pay TV might be affecting the crowds at games out here, well what excuse do you have for your own country when on 2 games of SL are shown a week?

DIOGENES

Juniors
"Both codes of Rugby are dying"

I don't know or care about Union but this year will either be a record or close to it in NRL

Funny definition of dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts