What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll Free Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Most Sydney teams HAVE been getting better crowds than Canberra and are roughly on par with Gold Coast. So there goes your arguement.

Canberra and Gold Coast should be getting better than what they have been.

they wouldn't if they were running last .. would they ? ... you pelican :crazy::lol::lol::lol:

so there goes your argument

I was waiting on a Raiders fan to get back to me as expected.

True, Sydney teams having the advantage of drawing away fans to their games. But being in a one-town team with only one game to go to every 2nd week also brings it's advantages too - a large population base all to yourself that is starved of football every 2nd week.

There's pros and cons to both.

In the end, Canberra's crowds are s**t. What else is there to do in Canberra and you still can't get a crowd every 2nd week?

See above.

And sorry, Melbourne's crowds are just not good enough. The self-titled and so-called 'sporting capitial of Australia'. Sure, there's competition from the other code, but if they can't find at least 15,000 general 'sports fans' to get to their games in a city of 4 million then that's embarrasing.

Most Sydney teams HAVE been getting better crowds than Canberra and are roughly on par with Gold Coast. So there goes your arguement.

Canberra and Gold Coast should be getting better than what they have been.

I see your point and agree to a certain extent. But Melbourne getting 9,000 for their last 3 home games just isn't good enough. I hope it gets better.

I just take exception to people that want to blindly bag Sydney teams crowds and excuse the one-town teams crowds that are just as bad if not worse.

If you are going to bag teams crowds, do it impartially and objectively regardless on where a team is geographically based.

And for the record, Penrith, Manly, and Cronulla's crowds are crap as well.

:lol: :lol: you have NFI, as is usually the norm for Sydney-centric turds

get back to supporting that first grade team of yours that's been dead for nearly 30 years dropkick

Bluebags1908

Juniors
they wouldn't if they were running last .. would they ? ... you pelican :crazy::lol::lol::lol:

so there goes your argument

Canberra's crowds have always been worse than most Sydney teams in recent seasons regardless on where they are running. Go back and look at the stats you imbicile!

Last year Raiders made the semis with a golden run in the 2nd half of the season winning 6 in a row, and got a pathetic average of 12,373 - the second worst average in the comp

(the semi final doesn't count otherwise the Bulldogs would count 74,000 at an ANZ preliminary final as their home crowd or Gold Coast can count a semi in front of a full house at Robina in their averages).

Last edited:

Bluebags1908

Juniors
:lol: :lol: you have NFI, as is usually the norm for Sydney-centric turds

get back to supporting that first grade team of yours that's been dead for nearly 30 years dropkick

The truth hurts doesn't it? Canberra's crowds are crap and that's all you've got to throw at me? Try harder.

Other comparable one-team towns crowds s**t all over Canberra's - Newcastle, Cowboys, Gold Coast crowds have historically been consistently better than Canberra's. Their crowds might not be great all the time, but all 3 have consistently drawn high teens and 20,000 crowds regularly.

Can't say the same for Canberra who struggle with 12,000 to 13,000 crowds.

Last edited:
The truth hurts doesn't it? Canberra's crowds are crap and that's all you've got to throw at me? Try harder.

Other comparable one-team towns crowds s**t all over Canberra's - Newcastle, Cowboys, Gold Coast crowds have historically been consistently better than Canberra's. Their crowds might not be great all the time, but all 3 have consistently drawn high teens and 20,000 crowds regularly.

Can't say the same for Canberra who struggle with 12,000 to 13,000 crowds.

:lol: You call a couple thousand increase on the average as "shit's all over Canberra". lol... as I said, NFI

2 of those (Newcastle and Gold Coast) have far greater populations in the city itself + it's surroundings. The Hunter Valley has close to ~650,000, whilst GC has Brisbane has close by. Canberra has Queanbeyan close by (together roughly ~400,000) and hardly anyone within about 3 hours drive.

In the case of the Knights and the Cowboys, they are situated in COMPLETE league heartland.

Canberra has never been nor will ever be league heartland. The spread amongst teams supported other than the Raiders is amazing; dead set when I was at school I could've counted the number of Raiders fans I knew of with one hand

And oh, the other important factor. CANBERRA HAS THE BRUMBIES TO CONTEND WITH DIRECTLY. Moron. The three clubs you've mentioned have no direct competition whatsoever

Next time you troll, try and do a little research. (btw, what was the latest Bluebags/Jets crowd figure... did it crack 100?)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Typical anti-sydney hypocrisy.

hows that big bunnies turnout going for Sunday V the Storm

question is
will it crack 10K :shock:

20K loch ness monsters .. aka South Sydney members

" we know there out there .. you just don't see them " :lol::lol::lol:

Chook Norris

First Grade
1239.jpg

Raiderdave

First Grade
The Titans crowds have been acceptable. How you can argue otherwise I have no idea.

The problem I have found with Raiders fans on these forums - more than any other fan base - is that they cannot cop constructive criticism.

Instead of deflecting the attention onto Titans or finding reason to blindlessley bag a Sydney team for the umpteenth time with no rhyme or reason, how about, for once, actually admitting Canberra's crowds are not that great?

I haven't seen Panthers, Manly, or Cronulla fans jump down my throat for, heaven forbid, - daring - criticise their teams. And the forum posters that have tried defending Melbourne's crowds do so with a modicum of reason and constructive, civilised, and respectful arguement.

Canberran's need to take a chill pill and not get too sensitive when someone bags the Raiders. Sydneysiders are not after you. No need to resort to the tired old and usual Sydney-bashing lines that have been used over and over just because a Sydneysider had a constructive opinion on something you don't agree with.

My criticism isn't necessarily directed at Raiders fans on this forum who no doubt DO make the effort to go to games. It's non-fans that stay at home.

:crazy::crazy:

stop bagging Sydneysiders eh :?

sold that origin out yet :lol::lol:

Raiderdave

First Grade
The game in Sydney will get a bigger crowd than any game in Brisbane ever

hardly the point....
they sold their 2 games out in 10 minutes each
they'd never get under 80K to an origin if they had a venue that size for it

would have sold 100K to the decider this year

Sydneysiders need to take a good hard look at themselves ;-)

CMUX

hardly the point....
they sold their 2 games out in 10 minutes each
they'd never get under 80K to an origin if they had a venue that size for it

would have sold 100K to the decider this year

Sydneysiders need to take a good hard look at themselves ;-)

Meanwhile the 2 sporting teams that Canberra actually has continue to get crap crowds ;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Meanwhile the 2 sporting teams that Canberra actually has continue to get crap crowds ;-)

nice try peanut
13K out of 400K .. or 3% of the population
62K out of 4.6 Million ... ( 2010's origin attendances for Sydney)
or.... 1.2% of the population

so Canberrans are more then twice as likely to attend games live then Sydneysiders

Sydneysiders are a laughing stock :lol::lol::lol:

RockWheel

Bench
nice try peanut

so Canberrans are more then twice as likely to attend games live then Sydneysiders

62k > 13k

CMUX

nice try peanut

Sydneysiders are a laughing stock

Your stats are meaningless.

83k out of 4.6m = 1.8%

83k being the capacity at ANZ so it’s impossible to beat the 3% of Canberrans going to Raiders games.

Under your logic London Soccer fans are a laughing stock for only getting a tiny percentage of their population to the FA cup final.

A fairer comparison, one which I am sure you are aware of but don’t have the guts to do would be the following:

9 Sydney teams combine average so far in 2011 = 156,848

In other words 3.4% of Sydney’s population regularly attends NRL games

;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
nice try peanut

And this dope is why Sydney fans keep putting shit on Canberra crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts