What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Bulldogs games

What should happen to the Dogs home games

• Total voters

innsaneink

Referee
Day games only for a start....a much higher police/security presence inside and outside the stadium, nearby precincts, carparks and the station.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
A ban on all night games.

Increased security and riot squad inside AND OUTSIDE of stadium.

Change to ticket system.

If rubbish continues, play in front of empty stadiums. Then segregate fans.

Danish

Referee
Segregation.

And i mean REAL segregation. One bowl for opposition, one for dogs. Barricades up to stop them mixing.

Another barricade up on the way to the train station and make use of the seperate platforms on the train station. Opposition fans get first train, dogs next etc etc.

Will work well i think, and not cost too much to implement

taxidriver

Coach
the issue I have with segregation of fans is the impact it has on a family day at the footy.

what do families that support different sides do ?

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Day games only for a start....a much higher police/security presence inside and outside the stadium, nearby precincts, carparks and the station.

That, plus they have to segregate the fans. Its a shame that it has to happen ike it does in European nations for soccer, but thats the only way.

brook

First Grade
no night games and no beer to be served - to anyone

Its unfair to the fans who don't cause problems but I'd be willing to bet the troublemakers very quickly find another way to occupy their friday and saturday nights

DJ1

Juniors
Simple!

Arrest people when they break the law and impose penalties on them.

No arrests occurred on Friday night. The police minister should step down!

simon says

First Grade
The Dogs should have to pay for the increased police presence and security......that might make them a little keener to crack down on this issue.

dannyboy

Juniors
No night games. Loss of points EVERY time (let them go through the comp with 20 wins and only 8 points on the ladder). Water cannons. Life bans from EVERY rugby league ground and leagues club. Limit the crowds to 5,000 at home.

The Preacher

First Grade
innsaneink said:

Agree totally Inky, it's not just inside the ground, it's going to and going home from the game as well.
It's a policing problem, and it should be a task force style operation. Trains, buses, roads and walkways HAVE to be patrolled until the crowd has dispersed completely, from the transport system and the roads.
I think segregation is too hard to police. How many times do mates go to the footy with opposing jumpers on, and you can put families into the mix as well.
You can't send all the games to the bush, there are decent people who are season ticket holders for the Dog's, that have been going to the games all their lives and don't deserve to have their side taken away from them through no fault of their own. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Get the trouble makers and "life ban" them. If we can pick them out in the crowd, so could a heavy police presence.

Then again, is it just :BDH:

PS. How did the young bloke go in his trial against "Hurstville CA" Inky :lol:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
No night games, home or away. I think loss of points is a very drastic measure. By doing that, u are penalising the team for something that they have absolutely no control over. By the same token, u are also penalising the fair dinkum Bulldogs fans who just want to turn up to the footy to watch their team play. Alcohol I don't see as a problem. Most bulldogs fans are muslims anyway, and its against their religion to drink copious amounts.

ibeme

First Grade
Night games should be considered.

I think they should seriously consider taking the Cronulla match to Perth or SA just to be on the safe side.

Most importantly, the police need to do their job and lock them up. The community needs to be protected from these parasites. Telstra security needs to acknowledge and address their shortfalls also. Security shouldn't be mates. It obviously doesn't work

Danish

Referee
DJ1 said:
Simple!

Arrest people when they break the law and impose penalties on them.

No arrests occurred on Friday night. The police minister should step down!

Prevention is better than a cure DJ. Segregation is the best option.

As for the family/friends argument. Tough sh*t. At best perhaps a special bay for mixed fans with photo ID required when purchasing tickets.

I'm sure there were people put out when the dogs introduced the "no GA" policy as well, but its not working so thats the next step. Its the only way to do something without really affecting crowd numbers.

1000 police should be assigned to the ground including outside paid for by the bulldogs as well and be equiped with riot gear, rubber bullets, water cannons etc. PLUS Centrelink staff :lol:

Also The military should be PLACED on standby i.E combat troops, tanks, fighter plans, battleships (it is supposed to be homebush bay) etc etc as well

gr8_1

Juniors
Only Bulldog season ticket holders allowed into all games.

If that doesn't work axe them and bring in the Central Coast Bears.

Raider Ultra

Bench
taxidriver said:
the issue I have with segregation of fans is the impact it has on a family day at the footy.

what do families that support different sides do ?
And being verbally and physically abused doesn't?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
marshall stalin said:
1000 police should be assigned to the ground including outside paid for by the bulldogs as well and be equiped with riot gear, rubber bullets, water cannons etc. PLUS Centrelink staff :lol:

Also The military should be PLACED on standby i.E combat troops, tanks, fighter plans, battleships (it is supposed to be homebush bay) etc etc as well

Lol, they should just play at an empty stadium, it will cost the Budogs less than what you suggest.
(and you do realise nobody uses battleships anymore don't you?)