What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 R24 Sun - Cronulla 19-18* Newcastle @ PointsBet

Round 24: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
I dont know if it's been mentioned but the Ponga attempt actually missed
Fox Commentators didnt know because they were calling the game from the same seat most of us were watching the game from

Really piss poor from the broadcasters not to get their blokes on site to call the game properly
Yeah slightly off topic but this really needs to change. I understand COVID played its part but that is over now.

They do go to some games though as Vossy mentioned driving to the ground recently.

nick87

Coach
Yeah slightly off topic but this really needs to change. I understand COVID played its part but that is over now.

They do go to some games though as Vossy mentioned driving to the ground recently.
There doesnt appear to be much rhyme or reason to what games they show up for and dont
And yeah, i get that during COVID they didnt have much choice, but that's over now and they're f**king up calls in big spots because they're going off the tv coverage

I cant imagine being a play by play guy and f**king it up feels good. Have some f**king pride in your craft.

Generalzod

Immortal
There doesnt appear to be much rhyme or reason to what games they show up for and dont
And yeah, i get that during COVID they didnt have much choice, but that's over now and they're f**king up calls in big spots because they're going off the tv coverage

I cant imagine being a play by play guy and f**king it up feels good. Have some f**king pride in your craft.
I think there doing it for cost...

nick87

Coach
I think there doing it for cost...
For sure, its a cost cutting exercise but they do show up for *some* games
I dont really understand the criteria for when they'll take on the cost and get them onsite. NRL should insist they call every game from the ground as part of their tv deals

For sure, its a cost cutting exercise but they do show up for *some* games
I dont really understand the criteria for when they'll take on the cost and get them onsite. NRL should insist they call every game from the ground as part of their tv deals
They've probably blown the whole seasons budget on the junket to Vegas.

Generalzod

Immortal
Where was the fan backlash about regular season draws that so compelled the NRL to introduce it in 2003?

The only people it benefits are the betting agencies.
Well that's not going to change anytime soon especially when you've got V'Landys in charge, The NRL are in bed with the gambling industry, Why do you think they are pushing hard for Las Vegas...