What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Bulldogs games

What should happen to the Dogs home games

• Total voters

Choppies

Coach
gr8_1 said:
Only Bulldog season ticket holders allowed into all games.

If that doesn't work axe them and bring in the Central Coast Bears.

Actually make it season members of opposing clubs that are the only ones allowed in as well as well as Bulldogs season members. They would be allowed to take 2 guests with their membership number printed on the ticket.

sunny

Danish said:
Prevention is better than a cure DJ. Segregation is the best option.

As for the family/friends argument. Tough sh*t. At best perhaps a special bay for mixed fans with photo ID required when purchasing tickets.

I'm sure there were people put out when the dogs introduced the "no GA" policy as well, but its not working so thats the next step. Its the only way to do something without really affecting crowd numbers.

Turn it up, if you can't go with ya friends and family that would take a hell of a lot more away.

ibeme

First Grade
Danish said:
Prevention is better than a cure DJ. Segregation is the best option.

As for the family/friends argument. Tough sh*t. At best perhaps a special bay for mixed fans with photo ID required when purchasing tickets.

I'm sure there were people put out when the dogs introduced the "no GA" policy as well, but its not working so thats the next step. Its the only way to do something without really affecting crowd numbers.

The ticketing system they currently have in place is a pseudo segragation system.

No person is allowed to purchase more than four tickets. In an allocated seating only situation, that means that groups of more than four should not be able to amass.

The old Bulldogs army section, now called the Kennel, is a members only area. The club has all of the details of kennel members.

I think I remember something about id being required when purchasing tickets, but I'm not sure about that one.

The problem is, from all reports, security are not backing this system up. Apparently last weekend, security ignored non-members going into the kennel area. It appears obvious from the footage on Friday night, that a big group of idiots were allowed to amass where the fighting erupted.

The kennel and season ticket areas should be the only place where people are allowed to move around and mingle. Congragations in any other parts of the stadium should be broken up and people directed to their allocated seats. If they fail to cooperate, then they should be ejected immediately. This isn't going to happen if they're mates with the security guards though

JK

Yeah, no one is going over the top in this thread are they?? 8-[

[On a side note: Most fans muslim?? WTF? Even many Lebanese are Maronites and our Lebanese/Middle Eastern fan base % would not be over 50.]

sooperdooper

First Grade
ppl are on the right track.
More Police and security at the cost of the doggies..
no night games
changes to alcohol available.

they would be the first 3 i would take to action

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
sooperdooper said:
ppl are on the right track.
More Police and security at the cost of the doggies..
no night games
changes to alcohol available.

they would be the first 3 i would take to action

I really don't think alcohol is the issue. No night games is worth considering, but police & security at the cost of the club?

Explain why.

ucantseeme

Juniors
i guarantee the bulldogs are gonna lose competition points after the sharks game in round 11?, you just know something bad is gonna happen

simon says

First Grade
dodge said:
I really don't think alcohol is the issue. No night games is worth considering, but police & security at the cost of the club?

Explain why.

Cos all this crap goes on at your games by your fans.....why should I and every other taxpayer pay to stop hoons at doggie games beating people up??????

Jeeeesus its hard.:roll:

Briza

Juniors
dodge said:

Explain why.

LOL @ Why, do you think the NRL should have to pay for it?

ibeme

First Grade
simon says said:
Cos all this crap goes on at your games by your fans.....why should I and every other taxpayer pay to stop hoons at doggie games beating people up??????

Jeeeesus its hard.:roll:

And who should pay for the police at the Cronulla riots?

What about Macquarie Fields and Redfern?

This is an issue of law and order, outside of the clubs control. Nobody would like to see these parasites removed more than the club and it's supporters. The police need to do their job and arrest them.

Timmah

Staff member
Briza said:
LOL @ Why, do you think the NRL should have to pay for it?

They shouldn't. The NSW Police Force should be the ones doing their jobs (RE: what happened outside the stadium). By your theory, Sharks management is responsible for the riots, Tigers management for Mcq Fields, etc - hell, Dragons management should foot the cost for Corey Hughes belting someone at Kembla races shouldn't they?

:roll: idiot.

Kid

Juniors
dodge said:
They shouldn't. The NSW Police Force should be the ones doing their jobs (RE: what happened outside the stadium). By your theory, Sharks management is responsible for the riots, Tigers management for Mcq Fields, etc - hell, Dragons management should foot the cost for Corey Hughes belting someone at Kembla races shouldn't they?

:roll: idiot.
Those riots have f**k all to do with a footy game. Unlike the comtinual sh*t at dogs games.

Briza

Juniors
It's a bulldogs problem, they are your supporters and your problem.
If the NRL had any balls your club should be fined and have points deducted as was stated last season.

Timmah

Staff member
HOW CAN WE CAN CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE GROUND?

What occurred outside was at the Novotel! Public space controlled by neither Bulldogs, NRL nor Telstra Stadium officials.

Do you comprehend English?

ibeme

First Grade
Briza said:
It's a bulldogs problem, they are your supporters and your problem.
If the NRL had any balls your club should be fined and have points deducted as was stated last season.

If the Bulldogs had their way, these idiots wouldn't be Bulldogs supporters. The problem with blaming the club is that the club can't choose who supports them. The club has done more than any other organisation as it is to try to rid themselves of these idiots.

Penalising them with fines and points deduction won't make one iota of a difference, because these idiots don't care about the club. That's plainly obvious by the way they behave year after year. The only way to make them stop and think about there actions is for the law to come down hard on anti-social behaviour.

Danish

Referee
sunny said:
Turn it up, if you can't go with ya friends and family that would take a hell of a lot more away.

So you have a mate that supports every other team in the comp that comes with you to each teams game do you??

There are a few families no doubt who support different teams. Let them pick a side, and sit in it. But in no way can they wear jerseys etc.

If it pisses people off they have no one to blame but the idiots who cause the trouble. Segregation WILL stop most future problems.

Danish

Referee
ibeme said:
The ticketing system they currently have in place is a pseudo segragation system.

No person is allowed to purchase more than four tickets. In an allocated seating only situation, that means that groups of more than four should not be able to amass.

The old Bulldogs army section, now called the Kennel, is a members only area. The club has all of the details of kennel members.

I think I remember something about id being required when purchasing tickets, but I'm not sure about that one.

The problem is, from all reports, security are not backing this system up. Apparently last weekend, security ignored non-members going into the kennel area. It appears obvious from the footage on Friday night, that a big group of idiots were allowed to amass where the fighting erupted.

The kennel and season ticket areas should be the only place where people are allowed to move around and mingle. Congragations in any other parts of the stadium should be broken up and people directed to their allocated seats. If they fail to cooperate, then they should be ejected immediately. This isn't going to happen if they're mates with the security guards though

Yes i thought they introduced a photo ID policy. But i believe it was only when buying extra tickets for the Kennel area??

I've heard of a few people now that the new policies being enforced by the dogs are not being enforced by the security company hired to look after the crowd at the games. Most reports stating that the security are letting their mates in wherever etc. If this is true the company should lose its contract and another brought in.

What the dogs are doing now should really be helping, but if their rules are being let slide by security they are powerless.

Dakink

Bench
innsaneink said:
Day games only for a start....a much higher police/security presence inside and outside the stadium, nearby precincts, carparks and the station.

Thats the place to start, leading up to segregation and then empty stadiums. An increased police presence and lifetime bans from not only grounds but any football club membership as well. Plus the police\legal system need to start imposing real penalties for transgressors. Its something like $5000 for a streak why not $10000 (Figure out of my head) fine for inciting violence\ commiting violence at or near a game.

Latest posts