What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Try replays with music in the background.......

Here's a clip of the ABC try replay with back ground music in 1992 below. Interestingly I found a clip nearing the end of ABC's tenure televising Rugby League in 1993 where there was no background music. The ABC it would seem followed it's commercial competitors cues to drop the background music. But I located another clip where they brought it back in their last year televising NSWRL in 1995 with a techno style music.

ABC coverage ended in 1995 after a long tenure televising rugby league. I presume the reason was NINE would have insisted in negotiations with Rugby League administrators they were dropped. They were providing coverage to the Grand Final ad breaks free which would have hit Nine in the ratings. Sponsors would have not like ABC coverage either. ABC commentators/graphics from its charter can only refer to it as the 'NRL' premiership rather then the 'Telstra' premiership.

The track used was Endurance by Murray Munro.

okay

Juniors
The 1985 one we are still searching, although I have a strong feeling it’s a track from the De Wolfe Library, but the 1987 one is Task Force 3 by Parry Music.
Thanks for the 1987 intro theme.

Why do you think the missing iconic 85-86 intro/84 outro/84-90 try replay track we cant find is from De Wolfe Library?

Any idea what the intro track is that was used in successive years on 10 for 1983 (Rank Arena Big Game) and 1984 (NEC Big Game) that plays at the start of this video?

Also I am looking for the 1990 State Bank Big Game intro track which plays at the start of this video

And the 1991 MMI Big Game intro track which plays at the start of this video

Last edited:
Thanks for the 1987 intro theme.

Why do you think the missing iconic 85-86 intro/84 outro/84-90 try replay track we cant find is from De Wolfe Library?

Any idea what the intro track is that was used in successive years on 10 for 1983 (Rank Arena Big Game) and 1984 (NEC Big Game) that plays at the start of this video?

Also I am looking for the 1990 State Bank Big Game intro track which plays at the start of this video

And the 1991 MMI Big Game intro track which plays at the start of this video
Dunno about the other intro tracks. I think the 84-90 track is from the De Wolfe library because it was also used in a highlights film on the 1965 Motor Trend 500 NASCAR race, and one of the tracks heard was a De Wolfe piece, and the production company who made it used a lot of De Wolfe music, although they also used some KPM and Bruton.

okay

Juniors
OK no worries WillKav. I had a listen to many De Wolfe library album tracks on their site with no luck. It does surprise me that such an iconic track that was used for so many years wasnt used in more well know productions/ads etc, and secondly that its been the most difficult of the 80s tracks to hunt down. Let me know if there are any others you think it could be other than De Wolfe, KPM and Bruton. As it features in that Nascar film, which also has a 1976 de Wolfe track Precipice at the start, I suppose the track we are seeking may also be a mid to late 70s piece or early 80s(I was originally only looking at the early 80s timeframe). Again thanks for your efforts on finding these tracks.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just watching the recent Sportsbet Olympics ad and saw the Dad dance competition and noticed the music he's dancing too. Takes us back to Channel 10 replays:

Latest posts