What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tupou, Hurrell, Henry, Slaimankhel

hitman82

Bench
And yet we were one off the GF that year. Incredible. Why the hell was Koopu playing five-eighth and Fien on the bench?

:lol: yeah that's mental. Are we sure Koopu actually started as named? It could well have been the much loved team sheet head games.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I actually don't recall that game at all, and I'm certain I watched every game in 2008. Just another game where Pritchard decided to turn up against us, it seems..

I know it was the game after Micheal Witt did a hip flexor kicking the ground and the tee instead of the ball against the Raiders.

Meth

Staff member
Another week, another fairly ineffective performance from 3 of these 4.

Meth

Staff member
BTW- this is hardly bagging Omar. Henry and Tupou were more ordinary than Omar last night.

vvvrulz

Coach
All three of them were pretty anonymous and their edge defense was shaky in the first half. Don't think we should be fielding all three at once but we don't have a choice at the moment.

ozbash

Referee
They still play U20s defence. No structure, scrambling and hoping someones covering.

The structure will come..

Aragorn

First Grade
you're delusional if you're expecting 3 players in the Toyota Cup to step up to first grade and become an instant success in their debut year.

delusional.

JoeD

First Grade
I guess the question is how did we get into the situation of having to field 3 TC players (and one injured one at that) I don't blame the players, I blame the management for getting us into this situation.

Meth

Staff member
I guess the question is how did we get into the situation of having to field 3 TC players (and one injured one at that) I don't blame the players, I blame the management for getting us into this situation.

Exactly.

ozenzud

Juniors
They still play U20s defence. No structure, scrambling and hoping someones covering.

The structure will come..

Isn't this the coaches job? I mean the compressed defence is just reeedick-uloss.

The wingers are being exposed big time by the players on the inside. They have good halfs and fast outside backs. Titans have exposed our flanks year in year out and the coach can't adjust his tactics.

You just can't understate how important a good defensive centre like Tate is. Last year we were lucky to get through to that GF.

This team and coach are one to two seasons from their peak. Just not experienced and good enough just yet.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Brian McClennan has 3 years of professional coaching behind him along with two years as an International coach, I'm sick of hearing he needs a couple of years to work out what he is doing.

Blair

Coach
Like everyone I'm keen to see one of our wingers score a try (for one) but score one of those tries where they beat defenders in the corner.

A try similar to Ken Sio's yesterday at Brookvale. Last weekend both Tupou and Omar failed, but Tupou didn't even look like scoring. Omar had a red hot go. An inch the other way and he's got it.

vvvrulz

Coach
To be fair though, both the wingers get pretty slow ball from the centres. Hurrell with his pace and strength often goes himself before passing to Topou (which is of course fair enough) while Henry who is not a natural centre dawdles for an extra second or two before finding Omar. Both wingers haven't been getting space like we used to during the Ropati-Manu and Toopi-Meli days, most of our breaks are down the middle now.

Latest posts