What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tupou, Hurrell, Henry, Slaimankhel

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'm not missing the point, I just don't agree with it. Seriously I've been on these forums long enough to see a lot of dumb shit from just about every poster who at some point got it wrong (myself included) and in hindsight would probably take it back.

That's the problem with being in the media, having everything you say recorded/written down. Eventually something will come back and bite you in the ass. I just prefer to base my opinion on what I watch from week to week rather than a pre season comment.

Iafeta

Referee
A preseason comment from the bloke who is being judged. I'm happy to let a lot of comments slide, but the judge me at rd 9 one is a fairly easy one to ride on. The fact of the matter is they have been a complete and utter failure this year... week to week, surely to heck you can't be in the least bit satisfied with the performance on field of this club? If you are, you're a very lenient bloke I must say.

Aragorn

First Grade
that fact we were up 12-0 after 10 min and leading comfortably before falling apart is what bugs me the most. not learning from any of our past mistakes. defensive line is a joke and we showed no composure, or urgency to win it in the last 10. FMD.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Satisfied no, far from it.

But not to the point where I want to heap the blame on only the coach who while I believe has made errors I don't believe is the sole or even main reason for us folding.

Far from happy, but trying to bring some balance amongst what feels like a lot of emotion driven lynch mob mentality that can take hold around here at times.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
that fact we were up 12-0 after 10 min and leading comfortably before falling apart is what bugs me the most. not learning from any of our past mistakes. defensive line is a joke and we showed no composure, or urgency to win it in the last 10. FMD.

I called it after we went up 12-0 in the match thread.

Despite the soft Matulino try there were some bad signs once we went up 12-0.

Campion

Juniors
There seems to be too much inexperience in the backline. I think this is why our defense out wide is woeful. I've never played league but imagine something like reading attacks comes only with experience.

I think for the last X years the Warriors defense out wide has been a worry. Every time a team spreads a ball there will be 20/30 meters gain for them.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The problem with the Warriors is mental application, something that despite his obvious talents, Inu is hardly known for.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to understand considering your lack of mental anything.

:lol: yeah bro. despite anything you say say Inu>>>>>>>>>Tupou>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Henry. The fact of the matter is a bloke has come in, let one of our best, if not the best outside backs go, taken a GF team and is leading them to a non finals team. There are no excuses, despite the fact Ive heard all this ESL to NRL shit, he was an international coach for two years, a professional coach at the best club in the ESL for 3 years and the fact of the matter is that he has come to out club and imo flopped harder than 2009. I've been saying it since round 1 when it was abundant clear to anyone with a clue that he was leading down the wrong track. And if you are willing to sit there and cop it from the club which is on track to being the 'biggest League club in Austraslia' then more power to you I spose.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ahh the old "anything you say" basically rendering any response I give as worthless because you've already preempted it. So shrewd a 6 year old could've thought of it.

For what it's worth I agree completely that inu is far superior to Tupou, Henry, hell throw Omar, and in various ways Manu/Hurrell as well. I simply said it wouldn't make a difference to the team.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
In some ways he would, but not to the extent where it could save this Warriors team this year. Like you, it was pretty early on where I saw something wasn't quite right, but I maintained hope for a little longer. Those issues haven't been fixed. Part of the reason is on the coach, I just don't think it's solely on him.

_addict

Juniors
Can't believe I'm agreeing with Aragon. I suppose we can sit back with a cup of camomile tea and be happy for our lads, but fair dinkum, that was disgraceful. And its not isolated either. They have absolutely bombed games from hell four times this year - Broncos, Sharks, Tigers and now this dreadful collapse. Slaimankhel is a deadset horror. Bloke has a lot to learn and a lot of pace to gain before we should be considered the great white hope.
lol

Izz

Bench
Our outside backs have no idea how to defend--and the defensive strategy we employ magnifies their inabilities. Our wingers are slow--Tupou got burned by Tahu for goodness sake. Our only outside back with any attacking ability is Hurrell. Henry has negative ability in attack.

I'm still not willing to say Omar's useless, but he's a long way short of FG standard. Is Collier injured? He's been playing Vulcans this year. He's also slow, but i'd rather a guy with NSW cup experience playing.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Omar is far from useless, but it's pretty obvious that the run sideways, upper body bump off, find a gap and run through it, doesn't work in first grade.

Henry I don't know about. I know he's not a centre, but putting him in the backrow makes me cringe a little unless he can find an attacking game. Friend should be given the order not to let Taylor or Henry take consecutive hit ups.

JoeD

First Grade
I think its the lack of pace from anyone in the backline (everyone who normally has it is injured) that is the biggest problem. We make half breaks and then get cut down by 2nd rowers.
Oh and Henry is not a centre, Tupou is very average and Omar is playing injured with no experience playing outside a 2nd rower with little experience.

Izz

Bench
And Hurrell needs to learn to use his arms in every tackle he makes. When he does use his arms he's effective. The rest of the time he's playing pinball.

_addict

Juniors
Just got back from the game.

It was mud.

If I was to pick a single moment of awfulness out of the mess. I would choose Tupou's mind-boggling decision to come in off his wing to allow their try in the last minute of the first half. Bad Tupou, Bad!

Team-wise though why do we not seem to have the smarts to realise the refs are not enforcing the 10 and not policing the line moving up before the play the ball is effected. We should be taking those cues and doing the same. The line speed has gotten worse as the season's progressed and in irritates me no end that the first instinct of many of our players at marker to back-peddle when their dummy-half picks the ball up. Dumb, docile, lack of awareness and bad habits are costing us big time. Some of those guys need some correcting in some of the basics and it's more than fair to ask why the coaches aren't all over it.

Grrrrr.

vvvrulz

Coach
If I was to pick a single moment of awfulness out of the mess. I would choose Tupou's mind-boggling decision to come in off his wing to allow their try in the last minute of the first half. Bad Tupou, Bad!

Omar today, and Manu forever have been doing exactly the same thing. Why oh why do we never learn.

_addict

Juniors
In Tupous' case he seems to have trust issues.

In Omars' and other cases, being one on two may be a result of our players' really poor numeracy skills

Latest posts