What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuqiri to join souths

McCrud

Juniors
Moffo said:
who wants to bet against me :cool:

I jumped on the 'Lote at Souths' bandwagon purely on the strength of your convictions Sir....

I'm a true believer Moffo....

(Also, there was a CM article today which claimed the deal was 80% 'done', so I'm not doubting you)

wb

2002_11_21tuqiri.jpg

Kilkenny

Coach
Lote Tuquri will almost certainly stay in Union.

Not even Souths would pay more that 300K for a player in the form Tuqiri has displayed for the Waratahs. I know it is a totally different game but he is a shadow of his former self and his only option for a return to League is the UK based on his asking price of $600K per season.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
After what I've heard on various news reports today....not me.

Money can only cover for so much misery - and Lote seems pretty miserable at the moment.

philstorm

Juniors
Why would any club spend so much money on a winger?

It's either that or there are some seriously dodgy dealings going on with the salary cap.

Charlie124

First Grade
I think he'll come back and i dont think it will be for a massive ammount of money (you can argue how much you believe constitutes "massive" all you like) but i wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for $300,000 - $350,000, well short of the original $600,000+. I think he is sick of union and is willing to sign for much less than they (union) offer, just to be happy playing the better game. He established himself in league, made his money in union, now wants to enjoy himself back in league.

Lets not forget his sponsorship (Reebok etc.) money aswell as whatever souths pay him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Charlie124 said:
I think he'll come back and i dont think it will be for a massive ammount of money (you can argue how much you believe constitutes "massive" all you like) but i wouldnt be surprised to see him sign for $300,000 - $350,000, well short of the original $600,000+. I think he is sick of union and is willing to sign for much less than they (union) offer, just to be happy playing the better game. He established himself in league, made his money in union, now wants to enjoy himself back in league.

Lets not forget his sponsorship (Reebok etc.) money aswell as whatever souths pay him.

What outside back wouldn't be sick of union. Have any of Oz Super 14 sides actually scored any tries this season. Have the backs actually seen any ball. Rugby Union frankly is a joke and ranks alongside basketball as the most boring team sport going.

philstorm

Juniors
Charlie124 said:

Above or below the table? (Not just talking about money here in regards to other 'things' PHAC might be offering) :crazy:

Charlie124

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
What outside back wouldn't be sick of union. Have any of Oz Super 14 sides actually scored any tries this season. Have the backs actually seen any ball. Rugby Union frankly is a joke and ranks alongside basketball as the most boring team sport going.

No arguments from me there

philstorm said:
Above or below the table? (Not just talking about money here in regards to other 'things' PHAC might be offering) :crazy:

Above the table, of course. :roll:

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Perth Red said:
500 grand a year miserable? Take the money and buy some anti depressants mate!

:lol:

True that! Although there is also the PRIDE angle - and most elite athletes want to test themselves to the best of their abilities each week, against the very best players - he must deadset feel like a c**k on a rock out there on the wing in RU at times! The most well paid 'ornament' in the game! It's been said a million times, but is no less relevant for it - how many times a game will LT touch the ball in a game of Union? Not bloody many.

I am sure Lote lives in a nice house, wears nice clothes, eats at the best restaurants & drives a nice car and has his manager looking out for smart investments on the rest of it already. How much money does one bloke need FFS??? If he finishes his playing days in RU and has 3.2 million in the bank - what's the real difference to coming back to League, retiring and 'only' having 2.8 million in the bank? He's still as rich as @^#*$ and will want for nothing - materially anyway. And that's how I look at it ....

according to wedler ( yeah i know ) he and HaC had a meeting with channel nine execs today, so there is no doubt in my mind he is on the verge of signing with the bunnies.

the problem for lote is the ARU have refused to extend the monday 5pm deadline , and any deal he would sign with Souths would need some going over by the salary cap auditors.

Latest posts