What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning point

dazeely

First Grade
Ben smiths forearm/elbow on prince. Firstly I'm not saying he lost the game for us because he had plenty of mates out there. Secondly Ben is one of my favourites but how f**king dumb are some people. That is one of the heaviest rules policed out there. He cost us a penalty which in turn cost us a try which in turn gave them back posession and turned the game. Plus he now faces a very real chance of being suspended and again letting down his team mates.

Fmd what is wrong with some of these footballers. That was dumb at it's very best.

oldmancraigy

Coach
It was even worse than dumb!

His "I was in the air" defence was just as dumb.

But Laffranchi pushing Hayne's head down again was equally thick. I guess in the heat of the game you make a bad choice every now and then.

Equally dumb was Fui's hit on Prince when two players had fully wrapped him up in a tackle on the 5th and there main kicker was playing the ball. Some times I just wonder what goes through some players head.

In saying this there was no urgency to stop players or dive on loose balls in our own goal line. They seem to have a tenadency of standing and watching there team mate opposed to chasing the ball and the play.

gUt

Coach
Smith was unlucky, Laffranchi reacted to Hayne's petulance at being tackled, Moi Moi was dumb and Thompson's first try could have been stopped by your number 16 but he stood there and watched him struggle and eventually put it down.

strider

Post Whore
yeah Horo standing and watching Thompson score that try was the thing that pissed me off most - f**king lazy as all sh*t

at least other players were trying to do something when they had their dumb moments

TeHEel

Juniors
The two for me were the Prince kick 50 out that stopped in goal and Rogers 40/20. Iirc they took the game from 16-12 out to 26-12....

PB

Bench
To me the turning point was earlier.

The first 5 minutes of the second half was going ok then we got pinged for being inside the ten (we went early according to Badger). Interestingly that was the only time all night either team was apparently inside the 10!....
On the next set Henderson tried to offload and dropped the ball into an eels defender (a knock-on) and the ball then rolled back toward the G-Coast tryline and was ruled play-on. They got a "six-again" call two tackles later and scored off the next set.

That to me was the turning point. I think they then went on to score 28 points while we had about 5 sets of six (all off our own line).

Its no excuse, good teams have to over come it, but that was when the game turned i think.

Redback71

First Grade
stupid action was all down the opposite end of the field from where i was sitting as well which sucked. :(

jk13

First Grade
sh1t happens. i asked if his elbow was alright at the signing today, got a laugh out of him

Joely01

Bench
The Rogers 40-20 was the game changer for mine. and Scott Prince if he isnt the worlds best halfback at the moment i dont know who is. Thurston has shown nothing this year only gets picked cause of the name

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
stupid action was all down the opposite end of the field from where i was sitting as well which sucked. :(

Well Redback 71 I was at the right end of the field..had all the action right in front of me, have a great photo's....that's about the only thing about going to the game last night is I got to see all the action, except the 2 tries by Parra were over the other side of the ground :(

Definitely the second try off a dodgy six again call. One try we would maybe have absorbed - if the six again was rightly called a knock on, we come away with a bit of confidence for having held out the pressure and the first half script may have resumed.

Refs make some sh*those blunders, and that was up there with the worst of them.

Kornstar

Coach
With the ease of which the Titans scored their first try i said to my mate that they would put 40 on us.....i was close!

Haynzy

First Grade
The Rogers 40-20 was the game changer for mine. and Scott Prince if he isnt the worlds best halfback at the moment i dont know who is. Thurston has shown nothing this year only gets picked cause of the name

Agreed.

Runaround Man

Juniors
I am fairly sure that the Titans first try came off a very sus repeat set when the Ref said Burtie played at the ball but clearly didn't.

Parra played well, but Prince and Rogers (classy 6 and 7) had some magic plays that no team would be able to combat.

The Parra mindset is the problem. We are at the moment in the mental space as "Trying" and not in the mental space of "winning". Our problem is psychological.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Yeah that repeat set was bastard, you just know whenever a bad call like that is made the other team will score.

I'm sick of how the new way it is ruled, there is a lot of doggy crap like that now. Fair enough if they deliberately play at the ball, but when a guy is just trying to make a tackle and hits the ball accidentally it shouldn't be 6 again.

It's like the try where the ball bobbled around all over the place, it may have technically been a try after the video ref looked at it a million times. However, if that had happened in the field of play the ref would say knock on every day of the week.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Our problem is we don't try and play positive footy for 80 minutes but only seem to achieve it for 10 minute stints. The lack of direction in attack is a worry. I want to see someone supporting the carrier at all times.

Bigfella

Coach
Couldn't agree more TER. After half time we didn't look too interested in scoring
points or stretching the titans. It was crazy. They are a far better arm wrestle side with a superior kicking game and we were actually looking sharp when fui Mateo and hayne were involved.