What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV deal short-changes NRL, says Crowe

Kiki

First Grade
rusty if ur reading this can u hook me up with the dude that makes all ur footy themed leather jackets?? i totally need a dragons one. thanks.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
No mention of Crowe's comments on ox as yet. This will die a quick death, though I pray it doesn't. It should be the major talk back issue today.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now he has started the ball rolling we need other high profile RL people to come out and continue to push it until Gallop can not ignore it and has to respond.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What's Rusty gonna tell us next? Souths are a rugby league club? Bears sh*t in the woods and are the Rabbits' feeder club? Fugg me, it's plain as day we're being short-changed.

bobmar28

Bench
I can't stand going to my local club and having to watch AFL on the big screen which is usually default programmed to Fox sports 1.

Get NRL back on Fox 1 where it belongs.

I can't stand going to my local club and having to watch AFL on the big screen which is usually default programmed to Fox sports 1.

Get NRL back on Fox 1 where it belongs.

To be honest , thats got more to do with the stupidity of your clubs management than anything else. Seriously how hard is it to change the set top box to 502?!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're missing the point....

Seems the media is missing the point more. They might have pointed it out but the groundswell we want to see as a result of Crowe's comments is unlikely to happen. He's that rich, why doesn't he take action?

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah you're probably right Tim but at least he's brought it to light because the more attention this problem gets the better it is for RL.
At the moment it's only really RL fans that have such an idea.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
As Timmah said we want action and as Gallop as usual has said nothing when the game he is CEO of is being ripped off. This story won't go anywhere it will be same old.

The Preacher

First Grade
I feel Soooooo much better now, Rusty's not going to let it happen again !!!!!

Is he joining the partnership board for the next negotiations..........f**k off Rusty.

Russell Crowe

Juniors
I feel Soooooo much better now, Rusty's not going to let it happen again !!!!!

Is he joining the partnership board for the next negotiations..........f**k off Rusty.

You f**k off, mate. Ya wanna fight???

I'll do the negotiating next time, I'll march into the boardroom and start fighting, that should get Rugby League at least $900 million.

The Preacher

First Grade
You f**k off, mate. Ya wanna fight???

I'll do the negotiating next time, I'll march into the boardroom and start fighting, that should get Rugby League at least $900 million.

Definately toooo tough for me, I'm out.............but remember......

People in glass houses shouldn't throw phones !!! ;-)

Perth Red

Post Whore
When is the next TV due to start and when will it be negotiated? We should start a fans campaign as the negotian date draws near. If we make enough noise, letters to newspapers, talkback radio, banners at games etc then we can shame Gallop into getting a true value deal.

Gallops response has always been:

1. AFL is National
2. AFL games last longer
3. You can get more ads in a AFL game

This has been his stock line for the past two years. What we should be asking is why we are not planning for two extra teams as part of the next TV deal that will solve points 1&2.