What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tv Ratings For Gf

Coaster

Bench
ucantseeme said:
The Titans are still building a fanbase. Sydney people are fairly indifferent to them at the moment. It's good they've got a team in the comp but they aren't a big drawcard yet.

I think a Sharks vs Canberra GF would have the least appeal. Crowd 72,000, TV 1.8mil.

Im a Titans supporter, and i agree with you, the Cowboys would be a bigger game, as most Titans fans and Broncos fans like the Cowboys, but hate each other.

Coaster

Bench
Lockyer4President! said:
I dunno, the Titans play an attractive game which'd draw in a lot of neutrals.

But it will take time to gain that supporter base, Watch for us next year, a full off season with Billy and we will be a much better side next year

wittyfan

Referee
A Titans GF appearance this early stage would generate lots of warmth and fuzziness that would deliver strong ratings.

Razor

Coach
The metropolitan figures only account for about 50% of NSW and QLD while about 80% of Victoria.. so until the regional figures are released we won't know who rated higher.

Big cities like Townsville, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, etc. aren't included in the ratings.

I don't know of any big cities in Vic, WA or SA that aren't in the metro ratings.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Razor said:
Big cities like Townsville, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, etc. aren't included in the ratings.

I don't know of any big cities in Vic, WA or SA that aren't in the metro ratings.

the Gold Coast is

shear_joy9

Coach
ucantseeme said:
I think a Sharks vs Canberra GF would have the least appeal. Crowd 72,000, TV 1.8mil.

That's an incredibly stupid comment to make. You don't think the teams fans would back them after what would have been an amazing season for them to make a GF?

I'm sure alot of people would tune in for the same reason.

Crippler

Juniors
the sooner oztam have state wide ratings rather than just cities the better. NRL ratings would go up drammatically and we could get some more $$$ out of channel 9.

yakstorm

First Grade
Rugby League:
Sydney - 935,000
Melbourne - 743,000
Brisbane - 568,000
Adelaide - 89,000
Perth - 95,000
Regional - 1,300,000

Total: 3,730,000

AFL:
Sydney - 321,000
Melbourne - 1,210,000
Brisbane - 272,000
Adelaide - 378,000
Perth - 386,000
Regional - ??

Total: 2,537,000

Anyone know the regional figures for the AFL?

mattyg

Bench
interesting that Perth rated higher than Adelaide for the AFL - considering Port Adelaide were in the GF *confused*

not that this has much to do with the NRL.

Canard

Immortal
Lockyer4President! said:
If we're talking about how an all-Sydney GF would rate in Brissie then a Dragons vs Tigers match would probably be the best combination. It'd probably be the best outcome for a GF not featuring any QLD teams I would say.

Ive never seen any evidence that the Tigers have any huge presence in QLD in terms of support.

I would say the biggest supported Sydney teams historically (going on Broncos/Cowboys home games) would be Cantebury, St George and Parramatta.

Canard

Immortal
mattyg said:
interesting that Perth rated higher than Adelaide for the AFL - considering Port Adelaide were in the GF *confused*

not that this has much to do with the NRL.

Whats the population of both cities though? That may be a larger % of viewing audience than Perth's %. (Just guessing but I think Perth is bigger.)

OVP

Coach
wittyfan said:
A Titans GF appearance this early stage would generate lots of warmth and fuzziness that would deliver strong ratings.

Dont you reckion a Roosters vs Souffs Grand Final would deliver SO MUCH MORE ? This has NOT actually happened since the 1930's. Could you imagine the hysteria and emotion involved ? We'll see how smart the NRL truly are :) Hey why not ? They doctor every years results, why not make it the greatest match of ALL TIME !!

nqboy

First Grade
Crippler said:
the sooner oztam have state wide ratings rather than just cities the better. NRL ratings would go up drammatically and we could get some more $$$ out of channel 9.
Not if we give them the rights in a closed tender under the Mates Act.

nqboy

First Grade
OVP said:
Dont you reckion a Roosters vs Souffs Grand Final would deliver SO MUCH MORE ? This has NOT actually happened since the 1930's. Could you imagine the hysteria and emotion involved ? We'll see how smart the NRL truly are :) Hey why not ? They doctor every years results, why not make it the greatest match of ALL TIME !!
Meh. Maybe for fans of those clubs and some neutrals pleased for the Bunnies.