What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Series to self isolate with

Eelementary

Post Whore
Binged the first two episodes of The Last Dance, and it's brilliant.

I always knew MJ was one of the best players ever, but this series - thus far, anyway - gives some aaesome behind the scenes insight into not just what made him tick, but also how a franchise can fall apart at the drop of a hat.

Really, really good viewing.

And one thing I found particularly interesting was that by age 19, scouts were saying he was the best ball player in the USA. By age 19! That's crazy!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anything from Rick Stein.

I found the French river tour series a bit boring but otherwise I'm a fan as he is a big fan of seafood. He also eats his meat with blood running out of it, may as well eat it raw.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Binged the first two episodes of The Last Dance, and it's brilliant.

I always knew MJ was one of the best players ever, but this series - thus far, anyway - gives some aaesome behind the scenes insight into not just what made him tick, but also how a franchise can fall apart at the drop of a hat.

Really, really good viewing.
He was the GOAT, the awesome thing is the documentary is going to go a long way to prove it. Maybe even to LeBron fans.......

Maybe not.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was the GOAT, the awesome thing is the documentary is going to go a long way to prove it. Maybe even to LeBron fans.......

Maybe not.

I was thinking about this very thing, actually.

There is absolutely zero doubt about his place in the sport - all-time great, perhaps the best ever.

But what's interesting to me is comparing Jordan's career statistics in points scored, rebounds, and assists, with those with of Bryant, and James.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And let's not forget that Pippen, and Rodman, weren't exactly trash players; there's no doubt that His Royal Airness was the heart and soul of the Bulls - but he was ably supported by those 2.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
And let's not forget that Pippen, and Rodman, weren't exactly trash players; there's no doubt that His Royal Airness was the heart and soul of the Bulls - but he was able supported by those 2.
Yep Pippen took the Bulls to game 7 of the EAstern Conference semi finals when Jordan was trying to play baseball.

Suitman

Post Whore
I found the French river tour series a bit boring but otherwise I'm a fan as he is a big fan of seafood. He also eats his meat with blood running out of it, may as well eat it raw.

I loved the French series he did on the canal boat. I've visited a lot of those places so it was sort of reminisce of old holidays for me. His Mediterranean series was the same.

I completely lost my appetite for seafood in my early 20's after a few food poisoning episodes, and didn't touch it for a good 10-15 years but have gained it back over the years. A lot of this has to do with watching some of Stein's series and wanting to try seafood again after seeing some of his recipes.
Gradually, I've got back to the stage where I will eat almost anything.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And let's not forget that Pippen, and Rodman, weren't exactly trash players; there's no doubt that His Royal Airness was the heart and soul of the Bulls - but he was able supported by those 2.

'90-'91 Season
:
PF: Grant
SF: Pippen
C: Cartwright
SG: Jordan
PG: Paxson

'91-'92 Season:

'92-'93 Season:
PG: Armstrong

'95-'96 Season:
PF: Rodman
C: Longley
PG: Harper

'96-'97 Season:

'97-'98 Season:

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gradually, I've got back to the stage where I will eat almost anything.
gi1puif8fpi11.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore
Off topic, but I found these stats fascinating:

Michael Jordan

32,292 career points @ 30.1ppg
6,672 rebounds @ 6.2 rbg
5,633 assists @ 5.3 apg
6-time NBA champion
6-time Finals MVP
14-time All Star

Kobe Bryant

33,643 points @ 25 ppg
7,047 rebounds @ 5.2 rbg
6,306 assists @ 4.7 apg
5-time NBA Champion
2-time Finals MVP
18-time All Star

LeBron James

34,087 points @ 27.10 ppg (4th on the all time list, behind Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Elgin Baylor, when comparing their ppg average)

9,298 assists @ 7.4 apg

9,434 rebounds @ 7.4 rbg

3-time NBA Champion
3-time Finals MVP
16-time All Star

All statistics were provided by Google.

Michael Jordan was a freak, and an absolute joy to watch - but how lucky are we, that we then got to follow up his insane career by watching absolute freaks like Kobe Bryant, and LeBron James?

I mean no disrespect to Michael Jordan, but if James gets another NBA Championship or two, I reckon people could realistically make a claim that he's the GOAT - his numbers are crazy.

But I consider myself lucky to have been privileged enough to watch the careers of Jordan, Bryant, and James - three of the greatest athletes I've ever seen, in any sport, imo.

Incorrect

Coach
'90-'91 Season:

'91-'92 Season:

'92-'93 Season:
PG: Armstrong

'95-'96 Season:

'96-'97 Season:
That Trailblazers team the Bulls beat to win their 2nd championship was stacked with talent. Man to man they were a more talented outfit IMO. The likes of Jerome Kersey, Kevin Duckworth, Buck Williams, Danny Ainge and Cliff Robinson were a far better support crew for Drexler and Porter than BJ Armstrong, Scott Williams, Stacey King and Will Perdue (Will Perdue FFS!) were for Jordan and Pippen. Same probably applies to the Lakers the year before... Just says to me Jordan (and Pippen) carried the Bulls big time for those first 2 or 3 championships. Paxson no chump but would be flat out making a 7th or 8th string all-star team...

Latest posts