What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Bulldog Force

Referee
Meh! according to this they're ahead of Barca :lol: http://www.worldclubrankings.com/

I can't say I'm thrilled about a draw, but considering we didn't conceed any goals at Milans home, it's something to be optimistic about. We'll be in deep trouble though if they can put some past Valdes in Camp Nou :(

Tommy Smith

Referee
I wouldn't be worried one bit. Look what Arsenal did to Milan.

And given that the league title is now out of reach seeing as Real Madrid have dropped about 4 points (3 to Barca) since October, the Champions League is Barca's only focus.

Messi will tear them a new one at the Nou Camp. I just can't possibly see another team getting so much as a score draw against them in such a crucial Champions League match on that pitch in front of that crowd.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I saw what Arsenal did to them, they got beaten.

While they have Ibra they are a chance but if was a betting man I wouldn't waste my money.

Big Sam

First Grade
And given that the league title is now out of reach seeing as Real Madrid have dropped about 4 points (3 to Barca) since October, the Champions League is Barca's only focus.

?

Madrid have dropped 4 points in the last fortnight. Contrary to what Guardiola is saying, the Treble is still a real possibility. (In fact it would be a sextuple)

WireMan

Bench
I wouldn't be worried one bit. Look what Arsenal did to Milan.

Messi will tear them a new one at the Nou Camp. I just can't possibly see another team getting so much as a score draw against them in such a crucial Champions League match on that pitch in front of that crowd.

Hopefully the ref will be stronger than the usual guff you get at Barca.

I predict at least 5 rolling aroud the floor face grabs by biscuits leading to a sending of for a Milan player.

langpark

First Grade
Based on what I saw last night, I think Barca will comfortably win the second leg. The match reminded me of the one's Napoli had hosted, it was such a hostile atmoshpere that all the 50/50 calls were going Milan's way (they had at least one decent penalty shout that the ref was too chicken to give). It will be a much different story at Camp Nou.

I'll be taking Barca to win with a 0-1 start to Milan, if the price is right...

Looking forward to Schalke/Athletic Bilbao tonight. Huntelaar AND Llorente on the same pitch = potentially a lot of goals...

Tommy Smith

Referee
?

Madrid have dropped 4 points in the last fortnight. Contrary to what Guardiola is saying, the Treble is still a real possibility. (In fact it would be a sextuple)
Yeah my apologies. Minus the loss to Barcelona they've dropped 4 out of a possible 72 points dating back to late September.

Arsenal pasted Milan in London. Different tie, different match; but given that Barca are 5x the team Arsenal are i dont think Milan will seriously challenge.

Milan also sent out a weakened team & Milan thought the tie was already won the players who were out there got ambushed because they took the tie lightly.

Milan will send their strongest squad and their players will be focused in Barca. Barca still have the ability to thrash Milan 3-0 but the Arsenlol game is no guide.

langpark

First Grade
Raul and Llorente already on the scorecard. I'll pretty much be happy no matter what happens from here on in...

Hope so, they could do some damage in the CL but their coefficient would see them possibly in a group with say Barca & Milan which would be tough. They're great to watch