What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

langpark

First Grade
yep, altho the 2nd one was for tugging the shirt at a corner. its good to see this stuff stamped out, it should be a penalty, but often isnt called

I know what you mean. But I actually hate seeing penalties given when they're in the corner of the box or actually heading away from the goal, for example... But rules are rules I guess. They didn't get any 50/50 decisions last week in Milan, so I guess this week balances it out a bit. All part of the home ground advantage...

yeah, a penalty like that seems very harsh. Ideally it would be nice if we could give penalties for definite goal scoring opportunities, and indirect free kicks for others, but then we would end up with too much grey area.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well I said way back after Matchday 2 that this was a race in 3 - Barca, Madrid, and Bayern. 7 months on and nothing's changed. And all have a realistic chance of winning it.

Bulldog Force

Referee
nice to see Barca crowding the ref to force him into giving penalties and fouls to them
Mate in the game you get good calls go against you and bad calls go your way. At the end of the day Barca was the better team and deserved to go through. Milan had the opportunity to score a goal or two in the first leg and didn't take full advantage.

2-0 in the better game. The 4-0 aggregate score line does not reflect FCB's dominance throughout the entire tie.

As for doubting, meh, we'll see what happens against Franco. I'd rather be wrong selling FCB short than being a genius like Maggie or BunniesDerp thinking their teams will win undefeated.

Mate in the game you get good calls go against you and bad calls go your way. At the end of the day Barca was the better team and deserved to go through. Milan had the opportunity to score a goal or two in the first leg and didn't take full advantage.

if any of the refs in the ECL had a backbone they would start giving out yellow cards to Barca players every time they did that

but then again Barca ALWAYS gets preferential treatment off the refs

Latest posts