What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Jimbo

Immortal
So, Chelsea v Bayern in the final

Bayern will obviously start favourites, but as we've seen over the last two days anything can happen...

Bulldog Force

Referee
When the game first started and it was team #2 vs team #3, they felt like they were a world apart, but as the game went on Bayern settled down and were really giving it to Real. Very unlucky that Casillas just couldn't save that penalty fully. Came very close too. I can't see Chelsea beating Bayern, on their home turf in front of their home fans, it will be a very big ask.

Big Sam

First Grade
Out for the final due to suspension:

Bayern - Badsturber, Gustavo, Alaba.
Chelsea - Terry, Mereiles, Ramires, Ivanovic.

Did I miss anyone? Chelsea was going to find it difficult anyway playing against Bayern with a partisan crowd but with those losses, greater than Bayern's, the task is virtually impossible.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Why is everyone being complete wanks over Barca getting eliminated? Barca are even gracious in defeat. T_T seems to be the only one giving them credit for their success. I don't know why everyone else here can't seem to be grateful for watching one of the greatest ever teams formed play this good (with the exception of their last 3 games).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I cant believe it but I'm on the Bayern Bandwaggon.

If Chel$ki win, they get automatic qualification into the next years groups stage which mean Gunners need to qualify and 4th spot in the EPL misses out.

For Spurs to qualify they need Bayern to beat Chel$ki.

Bulldog Force

Referee

If Chel$ki win, they get automatic qualification into the next years groups stage which mean Gunners need to qualify and 4th spot in the EPL misses out.

Arsenal can hold 3rd spot IMO. 65 points. Newcastle on 62 with 1 game in hand, however Arsenals +/- is way better.

Jimbo

Immortal

Assuming Spurs actually finish fourth, of course...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, we got 3 easy games but on current form nothing is certain

Barcodes got a tough run home including Citeh, but if Chel$ki win we got no chance

Jimbo

Immortal
yeh, we got 3 easy games but on current form nothing is certain

Barcodes got a tough run home including Citeh, but if Chel$ki win we got no chance

You've got four games, two away. All we need is for you to draw one of them

Then if we beat Newcastle at home and they don't beat Citeh, it will be in our hands

No need to mothball the likes of Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires for the cups anymore either...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Let's see if the best Germany has to offer can beat an English team struggling to get in the top 5. Should shutup TT about what league is better. and lmao @ the fact that the keeper he hates got them through to the final with that great save in the shootout.

Still hoping Chelsea loses actually, but I think they'll win because German football teams suck.

There's 5 EPL teams I'd back to beat any German team in a CL final.

Latest posts