What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Eddie.

Bench
WOuld like to take back my comment regarding Terry's display. On review that is red card and that is utterly abject behaviour from the Captain on the biggest occasion. I was so furious at the time I didn't even bother to look at the replay. It's another incident that will haunt him for years. I still love him as all true Chelsea fans do but he let us down tonight.

However what about Frank Lampard's killer passes in both legs to Ramires. They were both world class.

I'm comforted by the fact a Chelsea legend, arguably our best ever player will be leading us out to battle in Munich. I wouldn't back against him scoring in the final again.

What a true LEADER this man is.

vahoukop

Juniors
we are made of miracles and chokes, what we bring to the final remains to be seen..

Cech MoM today and Cashley was on fire in both legs, his desperation in defence was class. Best two games he has played in a long time.

RDM's tactics today was spot on, that's how you have to play against a team like Barca, if you dislike defensive play and counter attacking play, you shouldn't be watching football, maybe the NBA where evereyone scores and screams D-FENCE every two seconds and the score ends up over 100, would be more your thing?

hellteam

First Grade
Terrys didn't look that bad in the slow mo replay they kept showing, but when you look at it on the live wide shot it was actually quite bad/hard and definitely deserved a red card going off previous decisions.

Jimbo

Immortal
However what about Frank Lampard's killer passes in both legs to Ramires. They were both world class.

I'm comforted by the fact a Chelsea legend, arguably our best ever player will be leading us out to battle in Munich. I wouldn't back against him scoring in the final again.

What a true LEADER this man is.

I was thinking myself how appropriate it would be if it was Frank who finally lifted the cup. A class act on and off the pitch

The ranks have been thinned out for the final though, especially in the centre-back department. It's a shame we don't have Alex to slot in, but Cahill has been pretty good recently

Ramires is another big loss with his pace down the flanks. Bison in for Meireles is an improvement though

Will be interesting to see which way RDM goes, but he's got it absolutely right in his CL games so far...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok well at least as a Barca fan I can rest now and get up bright and early tomorrow morning and lick my lips and watch Madrid host Bayern in what should be a cracker. All Bayern need is 1 goal. I don't care about Chelsea, I can't see them winning against Bayern in Munich in front of their home crowd in the final, nor can I see them beating Real if they come back and take out the tie tomorrow. I simply think tomorrows winner will win the final.

WireMan

Bench
Are Real and Bayern still playing tonight?
Hardly seems worth it now football has died.

I hope they have a min. silence for the game before kick off.

Shame on Chelsea for not letting Barca win. Terrible stuff.

Eddie.

Bench
Are Real and Bayern still playing tonight?
Hardly seems worth it now football has died.

I hope they have a min. silence for the game before kick off.

Shame on Chelsea for not letting Barca win. Terrible stuff.

To be fair Barca's players, manager and fans at the ground took the loss very well.

Penny seems in a bit of a flap about it all but anyway!

Bulldog Force

Referee
To be fair Barca's players, manager and fans at the ground took the loss very well.

Penny seems in a bit of a flap about it all but anyway!
Mate, there are NO excuses. We lost fair and square. We lead 2-0, at home, to a 10-man Chelsea, and we lost. There are no excuses.

I don't know why people keep saying football is dead. If anything this result means it's very much alive.

Congratulations to Chelsea and best of luck in the final.

Ok
So I don't know all the rules.

Torres looked way offside to me. Unless he is super speedy.

My mate then tells me you can't be offside in your own half.

Is this true or was he just dribbling rubbish?

Your mate is correct, as long as it is within your own half you are fine. Haven't seen the goal so not sure if he was or not but that's the rule.

Jimbo

Immortal
Ok

Chances are it was a well timed run

You can run behind the defence after the ball is kicked towards you. Since it was hoofed half the length of the field and the defenders probably had to turn around, its quite feasible for Torres to be that far in front when he received the pass

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ok

correct, and he timed his run into his own half pretty well so he was about 20 metres clear when he got the ball