What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugly Win for the Saints

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Man was that ugly or what. The Dragons were terrible yet stilll won the game.
They have beaten all top 4 and lost to Parra and Sharks when they should of won both those games as well. THe Dragons should be on 14 pts would put them in the top 4.

The game they won tonight made up for the one they lost to Parra.

I really hope they don't get carried away with this win and think they can dish out the same $hite because if they do they will get flogged.

Hornby was great today and probably the only guy who did not make a mistake.

The biggest suprise I feel today was with so much drop ball, none of them were dropped by Beau Scott? Or did I miss him drop a ball?

OurRedV

Juniors
Hornby is getting into some form of old, it's great to see him running at holes with his nifty steps and leading the boys around the park with Soward.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Fu<k - Ill take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day!!

Plus we beat Manly - does it get much sweeter?!?!!?!
HELL NO!!!

It looked ugly and we just won but the reason why we won was because Manly done just as many errors and didn't complete the set also..

Ours was just constantly being referred to by Gould the tool..
That guy has to be the biggest back stabber around..

Dragons errors: 12
Manly 13

completions: 27/38
Manly 30/40

Missed tackles: 36
Manly :40

That was one of the ugliest wins i have seen in years...
F/A didn't get hurt and 2 points is needed...

Scott didn't do any errors. reynoldson didn't look to great tonight..

grandorient

Bench
Yes it wasn't the prettiest game.

Not to sure if I can watch them much more, I need far too many "heart attack" pills.

I thought Beau Scott, Justin Poore, Ryles, Hunt, Letu and Soward all had strong games.

Well done the Saints

bazookabarry

Juniors
didnt do my blood pressure much good, but a win is a win. i thought manly were pretty ordinary in patches but gould didnt seem to notice?:)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Is it just me or did the Dragons play a typical Melbourne game today in defence. They were holding them down for long periods and wrestling in the tackles more than usual. Maybe Gaz and Hornby gave some of Bellamy's secret's away at training.

watatank

Coach
It's probably just you. I haven't seen last nights game yet but the Dragons tend to wrestle in tackles quite a lot (albeit before they bring them down to the ground) but it's good to hear they were stout in defence and came out with an ugly win.

bazookabarry

Juniors
they definitely wrestled more in tackles, and if justin poore could play the ball a bit faster, he'd go from a good prop to a top class one imo.

That would have to have been Justin Poore's best game in a couple of years..
The ref was very relaxed with the hold down in the tackles, if it was any other older ref we would have got quiet a few penalities against us..

Nugby

Juniors
Yep, was an absolute blinder from Scott, Slippery. Hornby threw him an absolute hospital pass at one point and he still managed to pull it in and take the hit. Was a special effort. A manly kick return in the second half when he was running up on the right of Soward and Stewart went to Soward's left (so other side to Scott) and Scott managed to run back and cut him down from behind was a big highlight of the night for mine. A lot better game than the five errors he managed a month ago!

Was a bit disappointed with Reynoldson, put in one nice shot but was a bit quiet the rest of the night. Didn't really notice Setu personally, but you always risk that being behind the goalpost at a game. Lett's got to come in for Stanley on form!

Godz Illa

Coach
Poore, Hornby and Scott were our best fo sho. Poore got the cash from Nine and deserved it - ran hard, made good metres and defended well with minimal mistakes. Hornby looked dangerous but also showed a cool head at the right times - his kick downfield in the last minutes was just what Dr Browny ordered. Scott played the full 80 minutes and spent none of them bludging. Good to see him back to his 07 form, and holding the ball.

Fire Spirit

Juniors
Great win by the Dragons and Ryles and Poore had one of their better games.Thought Nightingale looked fired up and played with plenty of spirit.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Great win by the Dragons and Ryles and Poore had one of their better games.Thought Nightingale looked fired up and played with plenty of spirit.
1zwfbzo.gif