What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underage drinking

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee a serious thread

we should have this framed

anyone here ever been to Bourke, they have gangs of kids roaming the streets with a carton of beer on their shoulder, look to be about early teens

lockyno1

Post Whore
Crusher said:
big difference between touched and tanked.

Not really when you are talking about underage kids. I have already said that I don't mind it in MODERATION, with supervision from parents or whatever, but in terms of stats there is basically no difference between touched or tanked. In theory yes there is a difference I agree. I think some form of supervised drinking is ok, but in moderation.

Crusher

Coach
touched to me means a glass of wine or a shandy with a meal which I did in my teens at home.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Depends what touched means really. You are right Crush though. To you it is that. To me, I'd probally take it a similar way, but I would say 2 glasses or 2 beers.

TooheysNew

Coach
I would love an alcohol ban to in place - not just for young people, but for everyone. I realize it is a very unpopular opinion, but it's how I feel.

I am also smart enough to realize that this would not solve anything, because making something illegal is only going to push it underground, and probably cause bigger problems.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I drink with common sense.
Although sometimes I can drink plenty and be fine while drink the same amount at other times and feel like crap.
Ahh the mysteries of life

Samwise

Bench
Dilmah said:
I would love an alcohol ban to in place - not just for young people, but for everyone. I realize it is a very unpopular opinion, but it's how I feel.

I am also smart enough to realize that this would not solve anything, because making something illegal is only going to push it underground, and probably cause bigger problems.

really? prohibition? why?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I love a nice red after a good feed, cant beat it

One thing I dont do is get on the forums here after a night out at the club or what ever. Ive seen so may people make fools of themselves while sitting up drinking all night by them selves.

Hands up those who are guilty !!

Nothing stupider or more illogical, than alcamahol fueled opinions.

There are generally heaps of typos and boring repetitive stuff.

TooheysNew

Coach
Samwise said:
really? prohibition? why?
I just don't see anything positive that alcohol provides. Plenty of my own bad experiences, and i've seen what it's done to people around me, and I don't like it.

Stranger

Coach
The main problem with kids mainly is they have no idea where to stop. Kids will drink themselves till they are tanked and spew, adults will to though i must admit.

The problem with kids is they don't know where to stop, and they CANT stop themselves. My parents have let me drink since i was a young en, but they have taught me well to drink in moderation. I have a few beers whilst cooking a BBQ, and thats pretty much become a tradition in my family. Its part of my Aussie Background, and like it or not thats the way it is.

They problem exists when you have a youngster going out and seeing alco and going 'Gimme gimme gimme' and its a huge problem. Ive got a few mates and they have 4/5 Woodstock's a night and they have a great night. Then i have the other mates that go and want to have a dozen woodys and this and that and they end up needing someone to look after them for the night. WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT? Then they go and do something stupid or put themselves in a dangerous situation where sh*t is just bound to happen to them.

Nothing sh*ts me more than when people go "im going to get absolutely smashed" or "I need alco"...

Although this thread focus's on those underage, its clear by statistics that its a problem with those right upto the age of 25 especially when you have a look at the idiots that will drink and drive, or drink and realise that there life is not worth living...:?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Twizzle said:

One thing I dont do is get on the forums here after a night out at the club or what ever. Ive seen so may people make fools of themselves while sitting up drinking all night by them selves.

ive posted drunk before, but on all occasions its either been before going out with mates or after going out with mate

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Twizzle said:

The first person to create a computer that doesn't start until after a breathalyser test will be a rich person.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
The main problem with kids mainly is they have no idea where to stop. Kids will drink themselves till they are tanked and spew, adults will to though i must admit.

The problem with kids is they don't know where to stop, and they CANT stop themselves. My parents have let me drink since i was a young en, but they have taught me well to drink in moderation. I have a few beers whilst cooking a BBQ, and thats pretty much become a tradition in my family. Its part of my Aussie Background, and like it or not thats the way it is.

They problem exists when you have a youngster going out and seeing alco and going 'Gimme gimme gimme' and its a huge problem. Ive got a few mates and they have 4/5 Woodstock's a night and they have a great night. Then i have the other mates that go and want to have a dozen woodys and this and that and they end up needing someone to look after them for the night. WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT? Then they go and do something stupid or put themselves in a dangerous situation where sh*t is just bound to happen to them.

Nothing sh*ts me more than when people go "im going to get absolutely smashed" or "I need alco"...

You'd get pretty sh*tty our here in the west, me and my mates along with countless others are often herd saying something along those lines, nothing wrong with going out and getting blind imo, its a personal choice, so as the person does it of his own free will (and that does not include the "free will" that comes with alcholism) then i think its fine

btw a dozen woodstocks and they need someone to look after then? piss weak!

Martli

Coach
Twizzle said:

:oops: I seem to think it's a great idea to go on the internet after a night out - i'm usually wrong the enxt day. But I never drink at home by myself besides the odd beer with dinner or a game of footy.

I whole-heartedly disagree with banning alcohol on the mere fact that it's people's choice to drink and they (adults obviously) should be allowed to drink if they so chose. If it ruins your life - its your life to ruin in my and not the governments job to tell you can't drink a certain liquid becuase it might be bad for you. I disagree with the government not letting us make choices for ourselves.

And stragner - I'd even say that drinking problems go even further than 25, once at the pub I visit regularly there was this old fulla who'd been drinking all day (accoridng to him) could barely walk or talk, started almost crying infront of us and then drinking other people's drinks. That was a disgrace.

Stranger

Coach
Raider_69 said:
BTW a dozen Woodstock's and they need someone to look after then? piss weak!
Another point, the underages cant freaking handle it when they drink :fist:

You'd get pretty sh*tty our here in the west, me and my mates along with countless others are often herd saying something along those lines, nothing wrong with going out and getting blind IMO, its a personal choice, so as the person does it of his own free will (and that does not include the "free will" that comes with alcoholism) then i think its fine
I don't have a beef against getting drunk really, but when people set out to get sh*t faced its just dumb. IMO, you go out to have a good night and if that involves having a few drinks, then good on ya. You don't go out to get drunk, and with underages thats where the problem starts. They drink to get sh*t faced not to necessarily enjoy themselves.

Latest posts