What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Suitman said:
All that is well and good Mark, but if the clubs themselves could get together to promote this 'home and away' thing, we'd be better off.

Suity

Yep Agreed, how do you propose we get the clubs to do that ?

Maybe it would just take a few of the marketing people of the clubs to get together and and start promoting "Home and Away" areas.
I have to market my own business, and I do it in the best way to gain customers.
Surely they could come up with some ideas. Fishy's idea of flyers at the preceeding home game is at least a start.
More anouncements at home games for the Parra army that Colonel organises, with maybe a $2 discount per ticket or something just might be some encouragement.

To answer your question, I'm not really sure, but these people are paid to get people through the gate. Surely they have got some ideas floating around their skulls.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
ust take a few of the marketing people of the clubs to get together and and start promoting "Home and Away"
:shock:

just take a few of the marketing people of the clubs to get together and and start promoting "Home and Away" areas.

#-o :D :D

Okay, For the Bulldogs Game,

I have spoken to Marketing Manager at the Dogs (we used to work together)

Now there is a dedicated bay for Eels supporters they are Bays
104 - 1, 104 - 2, 103 - 1, 103 - 2, 102 - 1, 102 - 2, 101 - 1, 101 - 2.

This bay is General Admission, so STH's it is $8 and the rest it is $19.
These are behind the goal line, on the Corner (SE), Pretty Much the same place we were last time.

So Flyers, we will need to use the ticketek map for where to sit for eels fans.

We will need to get members of this Board and Others to stand out the front of the Stadium and hand them out.

Planet, Colonel, any chance that we can make the flyer up (planet that is one for you) and have the eels club put it on there site and also under the guise of the Blue and Gold Army, announce were we are sitting on the Big Screens before the game and Maybe half time. Maybe even have it sponsored by that pizza place which has far too many ads on the big screen.

Suitman

Post Whore
Now, if only the club would get behind MITS's post, things might happen.
Particularly promoting at the home game before that.
I know it is putting dollars into the Bulldogs pockets, but if all the clubs did it for each other, wouldn't they ALL benefit?

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
someone get COLONEL and PLANET in on this, they are club orientated

im off guys, gnite

fish eel

Immortal
These are behind the goal line, on the Corner (SE), Pretty Much the same place we were last time.

Without wanting to detract what you are trying to do here, that is part of the problem.

What incentive is there for joe citizen from lidcombe, who goes to parramatta matches now and then, and is looking forward to going to the telstra stadium match because its close to home, to pay $19 to sit in a dud seat next to people who have paid $8?

Granted, those people have paid there money earlir this year in the form of a season ticket, but for joe citizen, with his mortgage and kids he cant afford that.

On the other hand, if he could buy his ticket through parramatta leagues at a premium, you might get him.

edit: Another thought may be to have a ticket window open on the weekend, that is selling tickets for the bulldogs game in those areas? Given the time frame and practicalities though, it probably wouldnt ne a goer.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:

This is exactly the problem.

If Mark didn't post it here, who'd F***ing know about it????

Suity

fish eel said:

Without wanting to detract what you are trying to do here, that is part of the problem.

What incentive is there for joe citizen from lidcombe, who goes to parramatta matches now and then, and is looking forward to going to the telstra stadium match because its close to home, to pay $19 to sit in a dud seat next to people who have paid $8?

Granted, those people have paid there money earlir this year in the form of a season ticket, but for joe citizen, with his mortgage and kids he cant afford that.

On the other hand, if he could buy his ticket through parramatta leagues at a premium, you might get him.

edit: Another thought may be to have a ticket window open on the weekend, that is selling tickets for the bulldogs game in those areas? Given the time frame and practicalities though, it probably wouldnt ne a goer.

To Be Truthfull, only Season Ticket Holders Know that STH tickets are $8. and they are not advertised you have to ask for them at the ticket booth. They are only for STH's that by their tickets on game day. They are not pre-purchased.

As for the rest of the Price. Yeah going to a league game is expensive. But I think those that follow the round ball game would know going to a home or away game to be in a simialar seat is about 4 times more expensive.

If $40 (19 for tickets, 6 for return ticket, the rest for beverages and conssessions) breaks the bank then quite honestly, those fans should say at home and find a legal way to make more money (i know some can't dont make me out to be completely uncaring).

Berta

Juniors
Hellchick wrote:
I think for now it might be best if we all worked out where to sit at away games and post that info in here and then encourage people to sit with us!!
[/quote]

JessEel wrote:
YES!! thats what we need to do, stop being snobs and invite any one and every one at the game in a jersey to sit with us and make lots of noise. perhaps the club could sponsor us by letting every know where we intend to sit each week,
[/quote]

All the ideas that have been thrown out there have great merit but I think that at this stage we should start on a smaller scale and just ask the members of this and the other Eels forums to spread the word. I was at the Brissy game this year and am a huge Eels fan but mainly because of Macca and in some small part myself we had about 10 of our mates sit with us barracking for the eels as much as we did, some of them have also been to other Eels games with us. These mates are fans for the Knights, Roosters, Penrith and other clubs but love the atmosphere we create as a group on away matches. Now imagine if we get the word out to the same level amongst our friends and other Eels supporters how many more people will find their way into our group :idea:

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
fish eel said:

If $40 (19 for tickets, 6 for return ticket, the rest for beverages and conssessions) breaks the bank then quite honestly, those fans should say at home and find a legal way to make more money (i know some can't dont make me out to be completely uncaring).

I seriously cannot believe you wrote that.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Suitman said:
MarkInTheStands said:

Suity

Actually.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TSDOGS05

and

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/ViewSeatingMap.aspx?v=AUS&s=5647

And how many people look up those two sites before they purchase tickets???????

Don't forget, I'm on your side here.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
To Be Truthfull, only Season Ticket Holders Know that STH tickets are $8. and they are not advertised you have to ask for them at the ticket booth. They are only for STH's that by their tickets on game day. They are not pre-purchased.

I'm a season ticket holder and I only found out about that through this web site. Maybe I dont read enough.

All I'm suggesting is, that a large number of fans are not season ticket holders, go to the football when they can, and when they go, would rather pay a bit more for a decent seat(particuarly at telstra).

But if there was some type of incentive for them through a discounted ticket price to sit with parramatta fans, you would at least have a chance to capture them. At the moment, the dad who may take his 2 young kids may pay more so the kids can see better, but he may have sat with you guys if there was a decent incentive for him to.

It just seems to me to be a market that is neglected.

Suitman said:
MarkInTheStands said:
Suitman said:
MarkInTheStands said:

Suity

Actually.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TSDOGS05

and

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/ViewSeatingMap.aspx?v=AUS&s=5647

And how many people look up those two sites before they purchase tickets???????

Don't forget, I'm on your side here.

Suity

Not Saying you arn't

But I think your question is valid.

Surely when a person goes to the NRL web page and finds out the eels are playing against the Bulldogs they will click on tickets and up pops the first site.

On that it has a Coloum for Parra Supporters.

Then the stadium seating map is under that.

But I know what you are saying.

I want to see, when I get home tonight, the lead story on the news being the Blue and Gold Army, starting with MITS and Suity walking the streets of Sydney drafting people in...march on to the Eels office and demand action!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it's hard for me to comment being 1000km's away, but I reckon it's about time those barriers get broken down.

If I was there (ie. lived in the area and could attend) I can honestly say that I would be with you guys rain hail and shine. I cannot fathom why other people wouldn't do it if it was done correctly and appealed to the wider mass.