What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

University Thread

Cliffhanger

Coach
Nah you use torque for analysing muscular strength.

I have to bring a urine sample into class next week for bio prac.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
then technically its tensile strength and a misuse of the technical term of torque

tell your lecturer to report back to me, assuming its not a dude and she's doable

Cliffhanger

Coach
It's a dude and he's hot and Seth Efrikan.

It's not his choice of term, it's the universal term for that type of testing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
pass then

seems an odd choice of term as tensile strength is a substances ability to stretch and retract without failing or losing its integrity

carry on

Cliffhanger

Coach
Had to bring a sample of my urine into bio prac today. Was kind of embarrassing to be honest.

There's a cute guy in my bio prac, and he rides a motorbike. He asked me how I was going with drinking all the water yesterday I was supposed to drink. He must dtf and he rides a motorbike *swoon*

Hallatia

Referee
I got my honours degree certificate in the mail yesterday (couldn't attend my graduation ceremony) and the actual certificate is so dumb and not clear on what it means to have attained it.

Springs

First Grade
I went to the University of Canberra village on Sunday before the Eels game. Had trouble distinguishing it from a homeless shelter. I hope you guys are in a better place than that.

Fire

First Grade
I went to the University of Canberra village on Sunday before the Eels game. Had trouble distinguishing it from a homeless shelter. I hope you guys are in a better place than that.

Do you mean ANU? I was there for a conference last year. I thought the campus was great, had a sprawling British feel to it. I didn't see the student accommodation though.

Springs

First Grade
No I went to UC. I only went to the cheaper accomodation part, UV it's called. Couldn't walk off the footpath for fear of stepping on a broken beer bottle. Rubbish everywhere, stank, dirty common rooms etc.

My friends at Wollongong describe their uni as great. But Canberra was disgusting.

Fire

First Grade
No I went to UC. I only went to the cheaper accomodation part, UV it's called. Couldn't walk off the footpath for fear of stepping on a broken beer bottle. Rubbish everywhere, stank, dirty common rooms etc.

My friends at Wollongong describe their uni as great. But Canberra was disgusting.

Ah I see, cheers. I always regretted not studying at Wollongong Uni, especially as the Dragons sometimes train there lol.

Hooch

Juniors
CQU. Industrial Chem. Shit uni - tired of this bs and prefer to work.

Torque prob related to moment arms of the muscle. Anyway. I shouldn't really know anything about that crap.

Might bring my urine in to the next prac too, just to be on the safe side.

Cliffhanger

Coach
ANU is the top ranking university in Australia. University of Canberra is a hole, just like the rest of Canberra.

joshie

Live Update Team
So I had a two day internship at Channel 10's Sports news desk. It was the best two days of my 19 years of life so far! I learnt a whole deal about how the Journalism world works, where to go, what to do when I graduate and most of all a great mention on my resume. I am first year and it is practically unheard of, but the fact that i conducted this interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWbpKzSUCcM on the spot to help them out after their reporter couldn't make it down, they thought they would reward me!

Journalism up up and away!

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Left an assignment to the last day that turned out to take much longer than expected. Started at about 12:30pm yesterday and finished at 9:55am today. It was due at 10am :lol:

If I had my time over again, I totally would have started an hour earlier...

Cliffhanger

Coach
Prac exam next week for health fitness and performance. Confident about everything but torque.

I love this subject though, the written exam is actually set up so you get client scenarios.

Got 19 out of 20 for the prac exam,23 people got 20out of 20. I forgot the norm for diastolic blood pressure, but I remembered all the grades of hypertensive :(

_Johnsy

Referee
Dip. Horticulture
B Environmental Science.

Don't think I'll ever use them in my career, meh.

Cliffhanger

Coach
So as I know I don't have the patience to study to become a surgeon I think I will take the next best option and become a sociopath and chop people up. I can use the knowledge I picked up studying physiology and anatomy.

Latest posts