What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unlike the nrl, I already have a plan

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
really, how very neo-apt of you.

You think I am trying to infuse you with my 'rhetoric' and 'opinions'? Well, if I can do that, I will be pleasantly surprised, because some of you could use a better set of tools.

I can only hazard a guess as to what mind-viruses you are catching from your friends and colleges, the 'keep suburban grounds because we love yesteryear,' mind virus. Even though these grounds remain a main obstacle to lifting league's limitations. Heaven forbid clubs have a better place for the fans to watch games at, providing a better view, more money to promote themselves, etc, etc, etc

Or the 'sydney is special because [insert phrase]... and it must be protected at ALL costs!!!'....never mind that sydney is just one city amongst many now, and must play fair and with parity into the future so everyone can move upward.

You see, your mind is being overtaken every day by thoughts from other people, you are being influenced ALL the time....it never ends, tv, radio, your parents, your siblings, your wife, gf, work mates, best mates, EVERYONE is influencing you and giving you little 'mind viruses'.

If I come on here and add one more virus, thats a little bit more useful and beneficial than theirs, so sue me?!

But no, I am not doing that, its merely the way the world works. And it may be more complex than how I described, and open to a few "if" clauses, but thats the basic principal, and it happens every day of your life.
neo-apt? Don't be a wanker, converse in English. As I said above, you make an awful lot of assumptions about your opposition in these fruitless and repetitive arguments. I'm not one of the "keep suburban grounds" brigade you're so convinced rules the league world as it stands. I want clubs to improve things, I want the governing body to improve things. I don't care for the protection of Sydney - I'd love to see nothing more than a bit of rationalisation - move a team up to the Central Coast, send Souths out to Perth - I'm not fussed. Particularly given my team is by far and away the safest financially.

Mind viruses? Please. If you're serious about what you believe, submit your proposals to the NRL. All you come off as on here is self-righteous, arrogant, frustrating and repetitive. It's up to you to take the action if you believe the ideas - "infecting" people on here as you put it - that hasn't achieved your goal.
hmmm, if you were in court, in fact, if most of you were in court, on a jury, you would be dismissed for blind prejudice...

i come on here, and speak, and you immediately have it against me.

i am not crying poor here, just an observation, and indeed, I am trying to work with it...
Sorry, you marking someone else as having "blind prejudice"? Didn't you just assume that I was a "keep Sydney safe" trumpeter simply because I'm sick of your ramblings?
nonsense, you were too scared to back me up

you see, unlike you, I am not a pussy, and in a debate, I can say when something is right outright without any hesitation.

this is one reason why women in general go for me, and probably not you...I have balls and guts.
You completely lost your way there. Your below response to OVP speaks volumes for how much of a hypocrite you are:
hmm must learn how to put lots of quotes in one post....

looky here, I am prepared to leaaaarrnnn!!!

maybe rl can do the same!!

anyway, real grown up response from you ovp. are we to take it seriously? Or should we hand you a rattle?
Yeah you're real grown up :thumb
mark it is not people resistant to change, it is that you have demonstrated that you don't know you are talking about.

your brilliant "ideas" are essentially "we should increase crowds", or "we should have better advertising".

occasionally in your ramblings you chance across something convincing, but then a couple of posts later you ruin in by posting something just plain wacky about how league sucks up news ltd's money.
no no no griff

you are wrong.

utterly wrong.

where is the movement from the nrl? where is the forsight?

bring on the summit, my friend.

people are resistant to less sydney teams, griff.

thats wacky, hey, I dont demand the brisbane rugby league be reinstated, do I?

brothers!!!!!! wynumm manly!!!!! sob sob, stuff that, we have a super club, brisbane broncos, and we have never looked back.

I am sure theres a bit in there for everyone.

Where's your plan, huh? I doubt you could decide what to do. I'll be dead before you even decide what to wear tomorrow, or which mascara to use.
Well I'll be damned. Fans of clubs are resistant to their club being culled. NEVER! It hasn't stopped them culling clubs before, there's no reason it should now.

Keep spitting mark, you might end up a camel yet...

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
no no no griff

you are wrong.

utterly wrong.

where is the movement from the nrl? where is the forsight?

bring on the summit, my friend.

people are resistant to less sydney teams, griff.

thats wacky, hey, I dont demand the brisbane rugby league be reinstated, do I?

brothers!!!!!! wynumm manly!!!!! sob sob, stuff that, we have a super club, brisbane broncos, and we have never looked back.

I am sure theres a bit in there for everyone.

Where's your plan, huh? I doubt you could decide what to do. I'll be dead before you even decide what to wear tomorrow, or which mascara to use.

Mate, you need to smell reality.

News Limited/NRL don't want you going to football grounds. They want you staying at home, watching 5 games in a row on Foxtel and noticing their advertisers. Their lackeys in the media crap on about reducing sydney teams because, less teams means less NRL grants meaning less expense - regardless if it hurts the game or not.

Now, you're saying News Limited (who are raping the game of Millions each year) should spend a stack on advertising to get people to grounds (which doesn;t interst them) but takes them away from their PayTV and advertisers.

News Limited want to take as much $$$ out of the game as quickly as possible - before dropping rugby league altogether.

mark123

Juniors
neo-apt? Don't be a wanker, converse in English. As I said above, you make an awful lot of assumptions about your opposition in these fruitless and repetitive arguments. I'm not one of the "keep suburban grounds" brigade you're so convinced rules the league world as it stands. I want clubs to improve things, I want the governing body to improve things. I don't care for the protection of Sydney - I'd love to see nothing more than a bit of rationalisation - move a team up to the Central Coast, send Souths out to Perth - I'm not fussed. Particularly given my team is by far and away the safest financially.

Mind viruses? Please. If you're serious about what you believe, submit your proposals to the NRL. All you come off as on here is self-righteous, arrogant, frustrating and repetitive. It's up to you to take the action if you believe the ideas - "infecting" people on here as you put it - that hasn't achieved your goal.

Sorry, you marking someone else as having "blind prejudice"? Didn't you just assume that I was a "keep Sydney safe" trumpeter simply because I'm sick of your ramblings?

You completely lost your way there. Your below response to OVP speaks volumes for how much of a hypocrite you are:

Yeah you're real grown up :thumb

Well I'll be damned. Fans of clubs are resistant to their club being culled. NEVER! It hasn't stopped them culling clubs before, there's no reason it should now.

Keep spitting mark, you might end up a camel yet...

you are enbittered. you just are not bright enough to understand

then you go out and make your OWN MARK123 THREAD!!

IT MADE ME laugh in delight!!

what you propose is basically impossible.

i provide real solutions, and sure, some involves hurt to you - for the good of league,

and you crap on about stuff that is not really important.

its like this champ: you would only have so much money, even if you could make new streams of it, so you can only do the really important things.

priority one: nrl - sydney league. its dying....priority one....priority two...attendance.

and about your other post that was mark123-esq....you should apply the priority principal

i am not on here to imagine with you, get real man.

Timmah

Staff member
I went out and made my own mark123 thread? Um, where? :?

What solutions that you provided involve hurt to me? Please explain? READ MY POSTS. It's nothing to do with your ideas or solutions, it's the monotony and the excess of your posting about the exact same stuff that me and PLENTY of others are sick of. If you were serious about advancement you wouldn't be here bleating on a single forum, you'd be submitting your proposals to the National, Australian, NSW and QLD Rugby League boards, even the RLIF.

You've clearly shown yet again you have a major superiority complex - you haven't read any points addressed to you, ignored every point made in my post (which I expect you to do again), and gone on to make further incorrect and blatantly wrong assumptions.

Estoboy

Juniors
It's nothing about fear of change. I want the game to change for the better. Your problem is that you parade onto this forum with a superiority complex like no other, purporting to have all these answers.

If you are in fact as insightful as you believe, prepare a CV and send it to the NRL.

Otherwise, you stand to look like a broken record on here and will do until such time you decide to no longer post here. Meanwhile, day by day with your doom and gloom prophecies and so called plans, you look more and more like the typical News Ltd journalist, trying to infect everyone with the cynical and negative view of the game they love.

I do? :?
Sorry, correction:

Meanwhile, Timmah just spends his entire life on an internet forum

bobmar28

Bench
Mate, you need to smell reality.

News Limited/NRL don't want you going to football grounds. They want you staying at home, watching 5 games in a row on Foxtel and noticing their advertisers. Their lackeys in the media crap on about reducing sydney teams because, less teams means less NRL grants meaning less expense - regardless if it hurts the game or not.

Now, you're saying News Limited (who are raping the game of Millions each year) should spend a stack on advertising to get people to grounds (which doesn;t interst them) but takes them away from their PayTV and advertisers.

News Limited want to take as much $$$ out of the game as quickly as possible - before dropping rugby league altogether.
I don't agree with your comment. Reducing the number of Sydney teams is not about less NRL grants it's about freeing up franchises for places outside of Sydney like WA, QLD, NZ even Central Coast.

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry, correction:

Meanwhile, Timmah just spends his entire life on an internet forum

Biting response there. Absolutely stunning. You're the first person ever on internets to accuse someone of "spending their entire life" online.

:clap: :clap: I am in awe.

Latest posts