What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates from CUA

bigfoot

Juniors
@ big boppa eel
I am stealing my updates from the Panthers site and have heard no mention of how Eric is going, sorry mate. Will let you know if I hear anything.

Half time
Penrith 4
Parramatta 12

The half finishes with a good run from flash.
Tim Grant is really staking his claim and has been the best player for the Panthers. He is having a real impact.
Both Sammut and Graham have kicked well in patches and there appears to be a definite effort to get the ball into the hands of players like Jennings and Gordon.
Our defence has been very good around the ruck but our right side defence is where Parra is working us over, especially Hayne who is running at Tighe, Sammut and Blair. Things aren't falling apart on that side, they just look a bit shaky at times.

Delboy

First Grade
What I am told

Completely different structure than the last few years, playing what is in front of them, and even Finch is spreading the ball.

Hauraki possib;y best in first half, Mannah holding his own, Hayne making a few halkf breaks, found out in defence as he adjusts.

Eric and Ben not being targetted, although they have kicked behind Guru a couple of times. Burt doing well, just more enterprise and less structure. It is a trial and we are treating it like one. Their try was very good by all accounts, we took advantage of position.
Cayless not playing and forwards being changed, Hayne on report far early tackle, Fui and Hindy got up slowly but seem ok.
More to come.

bigfoot

Juniors
46 minutes
Penrith 10
Parramatta 12
Hayne drops the ball with support and the line available, we cough it straight back up.
Sammut fields a stab kick from Parra and outruns Hayne over 70 m to score under the sticks. What speed!
Gordon converts from in front.

52 minutes
Penrith 10
Parramatta 12
Another good kick by Sammut makes 50m. Our next set ends with Lewis putting up a bomb which Parra knock on 20 m out...

bigfoot

Juniors
56 minutes
Penrith 10
Parramatta 12
Waterhouse gives away a milked ruck penalty. Sorry I don't have a count but we're definitely faring better than last year and the count in this game would be relatively even.
As I type another penalty to Parra.
Mateo, under tremendous pressure drops the ball reaching out to score, good defence.

60 minutes
No change in score.

Looks like we're in for a decent finish, although in the past couple seasons this is where Penrith has gone to sleep.

64 minutes
Still no change in score.
Penalty to Parra, both sides have just played yardage sets in the last few minutes.
Hayne milks ANOTHER penalty, best in the NRL at that now.
After 2 penalties in a row Parra kick and knock it on in the air in our ingoal. Back to the 20 for us.

P.S. Sorry if this is biased guys, I am just copying it nearly word for word from the Panthers site.

Last edited:

Hurriflatch

Referee
56 minutes
Penrith 10
Parramatta 12
Waterhouse gives away a milked ruck penalty. Sorry I don't have a count but we're definitely faring better than last year and the count in this game would be relatively even.
As I type another penalty to Parra.
Mateo, under tremendous pressure drops the ball reaching out to score, good defence.

60 minutes
No change in score.

Looks like we're in for a decent finish, although in the past couple seasons this is where Penrith has gone to sleep.

64 minutes
Still no change in score.
Penalty to Parra, both sides have just played yardage sets in the last few minutes.
Hayne milks ANOTHER penalty, best in the NRL at that now.
After 2 penalties in a row Parra kick and knock it on in the air in our ingoal. Back to the 20 for us.

P.S. Sorry if this is biased guys, I am just copying it nearly word for word from the Panthers site.

it might be biased but in the case of Hayne it's also true

bigfoot

Juniors
71 minutes
STILL no change in score.
Parra drop the ball on their own 20. From the set after the scrum Sammut kicks into the ingoal; goal line drop out, and pressure for Parra.

@ hurriflatch: Yeah, to me he does seem to milk them. Good skill though, I wish one of our players could do the same!

Hurriflatch

Referee
the handling by Parra in this game looks to be shi*house just like the last couple of yeaqrs looks like Ando might have to go back to simple catching drills

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
75 minutes Penrith 10 Parramatta 18

A dropped ball in panthers backline leads to Hayne running 75 m to score, chased by Sammut who almost ran him down and showed a ton of guts. Conversion kicked.

Hurriflatch

Referee
75 minutes Penrith 10 Parramatta 18

A dropped ball in panthers backline leads to Hayne running 75 m to score, chased by Sammut who almost ran him down and showed a ton of guts. Conversion kicked.

ok so Sammut and Hayne have each out ran the other to score long distance tries tonight.

time to bring back the half time sprint comp

bigfoot

Juniors
:( Like I said, we go to sleep.
Wouldn't surprise me if the drop was by Tighe, who seems to have had a shocker of a game.
Pretty much all over now.
Congrats to Eels fans (even though by law I must hate you. :p)
Hopefully we'll go better next week/in the season proper with our big guns Civinoceva, Pritchard, etc back.

EDIT:
Full time
No change in score, Penrith 10 defeated by Parra 18.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
the handling by Parra in this game looks to be shi*house just like the last couple of yeaqrs looks like Ando might have to go back to simple catching drills

i don't think he'll be happy seeing in one article he said they had been working on that

Latest posts