What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA 2024

Sjrugby

Juniors
Well Utah is taking their ball and starting their own competition.

Short sighted, childish and now we see League take 2 steps back.

Sjrugby

Juniors
I would say, if I was betting Sacramento- dead Pelicans and EPA join with Utah.

Word is Sacramento and DP have been a pain behind the scenes and right hand man for DP has been super critical of the pcrl on his Facebook page. If those two go EPA will follow.

yakstorm

First Grade
A split is disappointing, but not surprising. Utah were never going to just accept the USARL decision and the name calling from both sides has definitely aggravated the situation.

Hopefully when tensions die down there can be a bit of olive branch extending so it's not a complete fracture. If I was the USARL I'd let the URLA run RL in Utah (and they can throw in a few surrounding states as well if they want), recognise them as an affiliate and leave them to grow, but don't include them in any national activities.

The relationship would allow the URLA to still get insurance & grow their junior program, whilst the USARL can still count these clubs & numbers in their IRL/ERL membership, but it would be a very limited relationship.

Over time, if the URLA don't implode, they'll come back into the fold as new people will join who don't care for the battles of the past, they just want their team to have the opportunity to participate in something that the full member leagues can (ie. Voting rights or national premiership or having their players play for the Hawks)

RedVee

First Grade
A split is disappointing, but not surprising. Utah were never going to just accept the USARL decision and the name calling from both sides has definitely aggravated the situation.

Hopefully when tensions die down there can be a bit of olive branch extending so it's not a complete fracture. If I was the USARL I'd let the URLA run RL in Utah (and they can throw in a few surrounding states as well if they want), recognise them as an affiliate and leave them to grow, but don't include them in any national activities.

The relationship would allow the URLA to still get insurance & grow their junior program, whilst the USARL can still count these clubs & numbers in their IRL/ERL membership, but it would be a very limited relationship.

Over time, if the URLA don't implode, they'll come back into the fold as new people will join who don't care for the battles of the past, they just want their team to have the opportunity to participate in something that the full member leagues can (ie. Voting rights or national premiership or having their players play for the Hawks)
I hope.

yakstorm

First Grade
In other USA news:

Tampa Mayhem are the inaugural USA Women's National Champions after they defeated the East Palo Alto Razorbacks 76 - 20 in Palo Alto, California over the weekend.

In Sacramento, the Northern California (NORCAL) All Stars took on the Fiji USA side. Fiji USA defeated NORCAL 78 - 24. The NORCAL Select XIII are scheduled to host SOCAL Select XIII next weekend, hopefully that match is still taking place.

Meanwhile on the East Coast, the RLU All Stars are scheduled to play USARL South on September 14 in Jacksonville.

taste2taste

Juniors
Hi Guys,

Keith here, from Everything Rugby League - The Podcast. We've recently ramped up our international RL podcasts. Below is an episode with former USARL Treasurer (and Sydney Roosters/ Parramatta Eels CEO) Burnie Gurr. The questions around why he left the USARL are towards the end of the podcast but thought this group might be interested.

Thanks for posting, good listen, Gurr always speaks common sense, should be in admin somewhere.

I couldn't find the part where Gurr talks about leaving USARL ?

Latest posts