What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA - Australia v USA League Test

carlnz

Bench
Dont bother talking to that loser Auckmel, he is from way out in the bush, they dont have sky tv there do they?!?!

The last time a full NZ vs Australia test match was played we only lost by 10 points, I think 34-24? And the last time GB had a full strength team the just lost to Australia 2-1 in the ashes. Gb were missing heaps of there star players too, look at Leon Pryce...he carved up Penrith.

As for England, well England A nearly beat Australia, and you go on about Australia missing all there "STAR" players, well then it shows what lack of depth they have.

Last time a Full strength England played Australia - World Cup 2000 they only lost 22-2. And before that England lost 16-8 in the 1995 final and won 20-16. So get your facts right about that before slagging them off.

You go on and on about rugby...

WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPIED RUGBY OPINIONS KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF!!!

Anyway im still waiting to your come back about how the Warriors sent a c side to play and they still sell out Waikato Stadium....not even the cheifs or the waikato NPC could fill that out put together!! I think the only time they ever filled it was first Super 12 match, maybe all blacks and NPC final. Warriors first game with a c side and they sell out. I sat on the hill with all the locals and they were telling me how they thanked God that they have a Barter Card team and they are getting the warriors down here because they are sick of watching the losers play rugby.....maybe only one province, but its a start!!!!!1

eelandia

Juniors
Good one CarlNZ - it must be really frustrating to troll through League sites if you don't like the game. He must be a masochist.

iggy plop

First Grade
ripper73 said:
iggy plop said:
ripper73 said:
Actually Nambia is ranked 25th in Union

20 team union world cup and 10 of them were absolute duds.

Union calls itself a world game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better then having one team capable of winning the WC...

In that case union has about 5 teams capable of wiining their yawn cup.

League has 3.

Aus, France, NZ, England, South Africa are only ones capable of yawning the cup aloft. And this code markets itself up there with soccer as a world game :lol:

iggy plop

First Grade
ripper73 said:
Umm No...

Only 1 team is capapble of winning a League WC at the moment - Australia.

They beat the 2nd ranked team 48-6.

In your list you also forgot SA and France as capapble winners with Argentina, Ireland and Samoa capable of Upsets

Are u saying NZ are not capable?? They beat us easily in the last test. Sure we had a few players out, but they were missing Jones and a couple of others.

They would not be favourites, but they are definitely capable. So are England, as recent results show.

gaterooze

Bench
I'd drop SA from the capable RUWC winners list -- they're in self-destruct mode with no end in sight to their downfall. That makes 4 possible winners, compared to League's 3. Not so bad.

Likewise with League, in the past France was a serious contender, but not no more...

JK

The only reasons the Kiwis won round 2 because the Aussies played a serverly weakend team - which then went on to beat Gt Britain 3-0.

Conveniently forgetting who NZ were missing AND the close nature of the 3 games against england - they nearly pipped us.

ripper

carlnz said:
Dont bother talking to that loser Auckmel, he is from way out in the bush, they dont have sky tv there do they?!?!

Anyway im still waiting to your come back about how the Warriors sent a c side to play and they still sell out Waikato Stadium....not even the cheifs or the waikato NPC could fill that out put together!! I think the only time they ever filled it was first Super 12 match, maybe all blacks and NPC final. Warriors first game with a c side and they sell out. I sat on the hill with all the locals and they were telling me how they thanked God that they have a Barter Card team and they are getting the warriors down here because they are sick of watching the losers play rugby.....maybe only one province, but its a start!!!!!1

Yes I mean the locals dont want Rugby anymore If u watched the Chiefs game You may have noticed a full crowd. Watch the 2002 NPC Final - Sell Out Crowd. Watch last years Super 12 games at Waikato - Full Crowd.

And your full of it. Napier has 80,000 people in it - wouldnt exactly call that the bush

ripper

carlnz said:
I sat on the hill with all the locals and they were telling me how they thanked God that they have a Barter Card team and they are getting the warriors down here because they are sick of watching the losers play rugby.....maybe only one province, but its a start!!!!!1

Right - so in that case I am eargley looking foward for the Cheifs and Waikoto S12/NPC and AB attendances to be outanked by the Bartercard Cup in that area...

Nuke

Staff member
Interesting how many of these threads - no matter what they start off like - revert back to the old League vs. union debate!

League forever.

screeny

Bench
Nuke,

I also find it interesting that union fans can only ever talk about attendances when they get involved in a code argument.

They can never realistically hope and win an argument on the basis of their actual sport as they know that it's totally crap, weak, slow and devoid of skill when compared to league.

They're an insecure bunch, but I suppose I would be if I purported to support union and saw just how far ahead league is as a sport.

Jeff Card

Juniors
I’m presuming that a trophy or shield will be presented to the winning team for the match. Should this be in honour of someone? Perhaps Mike Dimitro or Al E Kirkland?

Tomahawk

Staff member
You might as well just keep the trophy or shield in Australia then. The US are not even on the same playing field as the professionals in Australia. US stiil needs many more years before they can reach the Altralian stage of rugby league.

Tomahawk

DIEHARD

----
We both got, England, Australia and New Zealand. You got two extra. And we both know what happened in South Africa and France don't we.

Racists and Nazi sympathizers!

Tomahawk

Staff member
Diehard;

I agree with you with England, and New Zealand. You can not forget Wales either. The US did impress several people in last years Victory Cup. So the US is not far behind alot of the European countries. However, they are still far behind New Zealand and Australia.

Tomahawk

roopy

Referee
This match is getting closer to happening, and Yankee stadium looks like being the venue.
Thinking big is the way to go IMO.
The Americans will really show us how it should be done if they pull this off.

drinkin'

Juniors
I heard Giants Stadium due to cost, also to play and football/rugby on a baseball field sucks. Giants Stadium would be way better and the field will be ready to play on since its the middle of the NFL season.