What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Usman Khawaja

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Went to Primary school with him and he used to hit us all around the playground at lunchtime!

beads6

First Grade
Well he won't be getting in the Australian team whilst the current selectors are around. Looks to have a bright future lets see him in 2 years time with an average of 50.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Some of the reactions of the general public will be interesting if he does get picked for Australia, being a Muslim.

aussies1st

Staff member
Always looked the goods in grade cricket. Hope NSW let him settle in a position.

IanG

Coach
being a Muslim.

That should be irrelevant. I thought we were past the days where an Australia cricketer was less likely to be made captain if he was a catholic. Have there been any athiests in the team and had it held against them?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some of the reactions of the general public will be interesting if he does get picked for Australia, being a Muslim.

Be bloody brilliant having him the the aussie side having a pakistan background

Id like an aussie with indian background in there as well

Those nations will think twice sledging in their native tongue :D

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who cares what his background is, as long as he deserves to be there. We have Victorians in the team FFS!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
and as selectors :fist:
svMERV_wideweb__470x319,0.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's not ready ready for the Aussie team just yet, last night was the first time I had seen him bat and I was amazed at his technique, his balance and his temperament.

He needs to do alot more yet as far as making runs, but when you compare his technique to the like of Hughes, he is straight out of the coaching manual.

His pull shot is just about up there with Ponting's.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He's not ready ready for the Aussie team just yet, last night was the first time I had seen him bat and I was amazed at his technique, his balance and his temperament.

He needs to do alot more yet as far as making runs, but when you compare his technique to the like of Hughes, he is straight out of the coaching manual.

His pull shot is just about up there with Ponting's.

yappy

Bench
If anything his ethnic background will help him. You only have to think back to the fuss made over the Chee Quees playing FC cricket. It's very good from the public relations side of things to promote players that aren't from the typical European background.

But in the end it will be runs that will get him in the side. He looks like he's a good'un.

Latest posts