What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Roosters at Bluetongue *flegg and fg spoilers*

voltron

Juniors
i thought hinton played well
if u watch u see him in support for most of the plays
and it finally paid for him, scoring that try

im sad Woolnough is leaving, i thought he was pretty good
lol, perry playing well, must be thinking of his contract

buderus' kicking has improved soo much
he he played so strong as well

roopy

Referee
Dodger said:
Walsh > Mullen IMO. Just needs a bit more FG experience. Tell you what though, you guys must have an ace halfback factory somewhere in Newcastle... you just keep churning them out.
Walsh was as rusty as hell i reckon - he has only played a bit over one game since the trials

Nuffy

Bench
I'm wondering whether Perry hasn't signed with Manly and is looking to get a deal?

CycloneSteve

Juniors
The refereeing tonight was disgraceful.

But on a better note congrats to the boys who stood up to be counted tonight after last weeks disaster (which from this point on will never be spoken of again). Seriously if I hadnt been sitting in a crowded RSL club I would have shed tears over tonights victory. I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted, and I can now approach the coming week much better than last.
Patto, Bedsy and Walsh were our best and Wooly was outstanding along with the Dog brothers and McManus as always. Tighe was gifted a try and seriously for a bloke who has the speed he has I dont think I have ever seen him make a line-break. I'm still waiting.

BRING ON THE TIGES!!!!

fred_knight

Juniors
Great win by the boys,

Patterson is absolutely outstanding, what a jump and take for his try!! and some good hits too, i really like the look of this bloke, tough, fast, can jump, and kicked a couple from the sideline as well...top player,

Walsh stayed composed, even when he made mistakes he stepped up and tried to play better, good game from him, hope we can keep him

Buderus Simpson and Wooly All had great games, Buderus led from the start, showed the passion we lacked last week, great kick and chase in the second half.

Hinton and McManus Were solid, some dropped ball and loose carries from Hinton, but apart from that, had a good game.

Macdougal Boys Think they will play well together, had a good game last night.

Perry Actually played good last night, didnt give away stupid penalties

Worst player was the friggin ref, absolutely no idea, needs to be benched for remainder of his natural life, or maybe till he learns the rules

melon....

Coach
Good win by the no name knights. Pathetic Roosters just plain pathetic. We deserve the spoon. Massive changes just around the corner for us Im afraid.

Stranger

Coach
keeney said:
Problem is, we don't have a genuine metre eater in our team. Wooly topped with 139 i think... We have skill and tacklers, but noone to gain ground.

TBH, i think the problem is the backs do to many scoots. I don't know if that is put down to the forwards being lazy or its smithys plan to keep them fresh or if it is just the backs being hogs of the ball.

There were several sets in the game that no forward actually touched the ball. And TBH, it showed at the end of the game that most of the forwards were fresh in that they were still with the intensity that they had in the first minute.

Serc

First Grade
Yeah I'd noticed that too, the backs were taking the ball up right up to the 3rd or even 4th tackle in a lot of sets. Could be a plan for all we know!

Super Sub

Juniors
Yeah I'd noticed that too, the backs were taking the ball up right up to the 3rd or even 4th tackle in a lot of sets. Could be a plan for all we know!

Well the games we have won this year have pretty much all been come-from-behind victories, and we have looked better in pretty much every second half this year (appart from the game of which we shall not speak) maybe Smithy IS asking the backs to take more runs...? It does look like it's keeping the forwards fresh for late in the game...

Just something to think about I guess.

Super Sub

Juniors

Well the games we have won this year have pretty much all been come-from-behind victories, and we have looked better in pretty much every second half this year (appart from the game of which we shall not speak) maybe Smithy IS asking the backs to take more runs...? It does look like it's keeping the forwards fresh for late in the game...

Just something to think about I guess.

Frederick

Staff member
melon.... said:
Good win by the no name knights. Pathetic Roosters just plain pathetic. We deserve the spoon. Massive changes just around the corner for us Im afraid.
How do you figure we're 'no name' knights? Buderus, Simpson, Macdougall, Woolnough, Perry, Sargent...some well known names in there.

keeney

First Grade
Stranger said:
TBH, i think the problem is the backs do to many scoots. I don't know if that is put down to the forwards being lazy or its smithys plan to keep them fresh or if it is just the backs being hogs of the ball.

There were several sets in the game that no forward actually touched the ball. And TBH, it showed at the end of the game that most of the forwards were fresh in that they were still with the intensity that they had in the first minute.

I think thats been the case for a number of seasons, I always just chalked it up to our forwards being sh*t.

Stranger

Coach
Lazy forwards, but they are still running with the same amount of energy at the back end of games, which really has been winning them for us. Although, you have to question how we would go if they ran the ball all day...

perverse

Referee
Stranger said:
Lazy forwards, but they are still running with the same amount of energy at the back end of games, which really has been winning them for us. Although, you have to question how we would go if they ran the ball all day...
i don't think the cleanout would be happening in it's current form if this were the case. we'd be so much better.. no doubt about it.

macavity

Referee
fred_knight said:
Worst player was the friggin ref, absolutely no idea, needs to be benched for remainder of his natural life, or maybe till he learns the rules

as I said at the game, there were 14 c0cks on the field....