What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Doesn't pass well, doesn't run particularly good lines. Everything he does well is enhanced at prop.

And shiny new things? I've been saying he's a better prop for years
He passes well enough and runs good enough lines to be picked in the back row for Australia, but at Penrith you think he’s a bench prop who should play limited minutes….. is that really what you think???

Good Enough for Australia but not Penrith…
You're wrong. Worse you're accusing others of being wrong for not being one eyed.

The news is all over Facebook. Its in FoxSports page. People are blowing up about it on Facebook too. Which us why I hope he cops a punishment for it.

It was also being spoken about after the game by the panel. It was news immediately. I missed it during the game and jnow it happened about it because it was being made into a big deal by the media

Thaiday was suspended for less. We had Sam Mckendry suspended for less. Punishment could be different now. Possibly just a fine.

But whatever the punishment is. Luai should cop it. Because it's clear as day he made contact with the referee multiple times. I never said it wasn't an accident. Just that he's guilty.. which is a fact.

View attachment 74394

Edit
An article mentioning it from foxsports site:

Thaiday wasn’t suspended for Less, he deliberately grabbed a ref in an attempt to get him to change a decision.

Jerome’s push was an accident he immediately apologised for it.

The officials get incidental contact all of the time.

A suspension for that would be absolutely ridiculous and anyone “Blowing Up” over is quite frankly a moron!

Girds89

Bench
He passes well enough and runs good enough lines to be picked in the back row for Australia, but at Penrith you think he’s a bench prop who should play limited minutes….. is that really what you think???

Good Enough for Australia but not Penrith…

Thaiday wasn’t suspended for Less, he deliberately grabbed a ref in an attempt to get him to change a decision.

Jerome’s push was an accident he immediately apologised for it.

The officials get incidental contact all of the time.

A suspension for that would be absolutely ridiculous and anyone “Blowing Up” over is quite frankly a moron!

Haha exactly..

Thaiday grabbed a ref to have a whinge luai tapped him to apologise lol..

Girds89

Bench
Yep. Atleast 4 overlaps missed on top of the actual bombed tries again

All of Peachys ones were less than 50/50 I'd say... Walsh and cover defence jamming hard on all off them which he could see.

Turuva is a tiny body... it was a slippery surface and cronk and co said several times need to play through the middle...

The were close opportunities... definitely 110% not bombed tries.

The score should've been more- Leota dropping it over the line... soros no try etc...

But the overlaps weren't certain bombed tries that's for sure

Iamback

Coach
All of Peachys ones were less than 50/50 I'd say... Walsh and cover defence jamming hard on all off them which he could see.

Turuva is a tiny body... it was a slippery surface and cronk and co said several times need to play through the middle...

The were close opportunities... definitely 110% not bombed tries.

The score should've been more- Leota dropping it over the line... soros no try etc...

But the overlaps weren't certain bombed tries that's for sure

Edwards made a break. No support

To'o made a break off a loose ball. No support

Cleary goes short to Peachey ( He dropped it) Luai behind Peachey had Turuva unmarked outside him

The pass inside to Kenny that was broken up

There was a stack of chances missed, really is the story of the year so far

soc123_au

Staff member
The attack is a worry, but the Broncos were pretty willing in defence. The game was over a after 20 minutes though. Once they lost the ascendancy they had in the first few sets, you could just see we were going to give them nothing. Only a miracle type play from Walsh was about the only way they could get past us.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Edwards made a break. No support

To'o made a break off a loose ball. No support

Cleary goes short to Peachey ( He dropped it) Luai behind Peachey had Turuva unmarked outside him

The pass inside to Kenny that was broken up

There was a stack of chances missed, really is the story of the year so far
Best defence in the sports history is the other side of the story.

It's been spoken about a lot but our hookers were very poor. Kenny is Kenny but Luke is the real worry. Teams have worked out his little scoot and he's looking like the 27 year old cup level player that he is.

soc123_au

Staff member
Best defence in the sports history is the other side of the story.

It's been spoken about a lot but our hookers were very poor. Kenny is Kenny but Luke is the real worry. Teams have worked out his little scoot and he's looking like the 27 year old cup level player that he is.
I'd love to be wrong, but I agree on Luke. I think he is depth at best sadly.

I like Kenny, just not as a 9 for more than 20 minutes. It's been done to death, but if Api stayed we would be undefeated and barring injury I'd back us to go undefeated for the foreseeable future. Our defense is the best I've ever seen & I was alive to see Souffs last legitimate premiership.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I'd love to be wrong, but I agree on Luke. I think he is depth at best sadly.

I like Kenny, just not as a 9 for more than 20 minutes. It's been done to death, but if Api stayed we would be undefeated and barring injury I'd back us to go undefeated for the foreseeable future. Our defense is the best I've ever seen & I was alive to see Souffs last legitimate premiership.
You old merkin

Blues Riff

Bench
Grew up with family members that were hard of hearing... telling people now that luai apologises immediately after touching the touchy... and the second reach out to grab him again was a second apology...

Look forward to front on cameras no doubt released this week confirmed this..

All accidentals hence why nothing's happened...

Luai haters need to get a grip.
Later in the coverage Danika reported she had spoken to the actual camera-man who confirmed it as a nothing event.
No wonder Kent has been on the air for so long. So many morons out there buying into this shit.

BxTom

Bench
Later in the coverage Danika reported she had spoken to the actual camera-man who confirmed it as a nothing event.
No wonder Kent has been on the air for so long. So many morons out there buying into this shit.
Yep, come in spinner!

Fangs

Coach
Luai just a fine glad he won't miss an origin for that.

He is extremely lucky.

And very clever to be honest. He literally ran through his options in his head before shoving him. Followed by an immediate apology which fooled plenty of people on here it seems.

I'm a fan of his, his form recently has picked up and we are looking sweet for 2023. Banter with players is fine but he needs to pull his head in.

Latest posts