What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V The Donkeys

Girds89

Bench
Good win.. should've been more but suncorps deadset a sub standard pitch at the best of times let alone after magic Rd.

Fish looks 50% at best.

Nath took 25mins to get going... I still think he's kicking games at 70/80% at best... Walsh's kicking game tonight kept them in it... he's long, short and off the cuff kicking killed everything Nathan did.... Nathan's running and ball playing was great tho...

If nath can get his kicking up to 90/95% we will be very hard to beat.

Great team performing tonight.

Ref's had one of the worst games I've seen ever.

I've seen a lot.... I mean a lot of dislike for turuva on here.... always loved and rated the kid...

Heard tonight he's statistically basically the safest winger in the comp... to throw in with a huge master eater.... what a player.

Soro on an edge.... only wanted to see it forever... man he's doing well there. We have to... have to resign him. f**k he's been good there. The little effort plays... hes offloads... 95% didn't want him there but he's been soo soo good.

Lindsay Smith has really impressed me..

Anyway, this win in the context of our season is so huge!!

Take aways - Turuva still jamming in and leaving gaps outside him where kicks in behind expose his positional play and opposition score tries. But he tries hard and is great elsewhere.

Kenny played better than Luke.

Panthers bomb or have more disallowed tries than any other side. No facts to back this up just gut feeling.

Great defence.

Sorensen Kikau replacement.

L.Smith is Sorensens bench replacement.

Good win - should’ve been 24/30 to 4 though.

Flashstep

Juniors
Good win.. should've been more but suncorps deadset a sub standard pitch at the best of times let alone after magic Rd.

Fish looks 50% at best.

Nath took 25mins to get going... I still think he's kicking games at 70/80% at best... Walsh's kicking game tonight kept them in it... he's long, short and off the cuff kicking killed everything Nathan did.... Nathan's running and ball playing was great tho...

I've seen a lot.... I mean a lot of dislike for turuva on here.... always loved and rated the kid...

Heard tonight he's statistically basically the safest winger in the comp... to throw in with a huge master eater.... what a player.

Soro on an edge.... only wanted to see it forever... man he's doing well there. We have to... have to resign him. f**k he's been good there. The little effort plays... hes offloads... 95% didn't want him there but he's been soo soo good.

Completely agree with you on Sorro, he is our best second rower at the moment. Our left edge will be lethal again once Tago is back.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Fish looks 50% at best.

Having Soro and Martin in the side is such a bonus. Both of them can do either role so well

Honestly anyone who can find fault with the performance tonight needs to have a serious hard look at themselves.

Yes we should have won by 20 or more but we were fantastic. The commitment, the defence, just so much to like and be proud of.
Grandfinal winning performance. Boys can rest up now (thoughts not in origin)

Edwards has to be NSW Fullback.

chrisD

Coach
I'm the resident Luai "hater". I think he thought is was a Brisbane player
That might be the case but even so I don't think that's a mistake you can let a player get away with without consequences elsewise you open path that the game shouldn't risk heading down.

GongPanther

Referee
Take aways - Turuva still jamming in and leaving gaps outside him where kicks in behind expose his positional play and opposition score tries. But he tries hard and is great elsewhere.

Kenny played better than Luke.

Panthers bomb or have more disallowed tries than any other side. No facts to back this up just gut feeling.

Great defence.

Sorensen Kikau replacement.

L.Smith is Sorensens bench replacement.

Good win - should’ve been 24/30 to 4 though.
Pretty much sums it up although the Broncos were up for it, although in our case the score didn't reflect the game overall. Great win for us, which I thought would have been a serious danger game.

Panfa

Juniors
Good win and great effort by all the boys.Im not being negative but i reckon the team would be better with garner in for luke and a better finisher on the left wing in place of turuva.Why kenny stays on when luke is on fascinates me.Its a like for like put 1 on take 1 off.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That might be the case but even so I don't think that's a mistake you can let a player get away with without consequences elsewise you open path that the game shouldn't risk heading down.
Probably fair. I'm a soccer fan and the way the refs in that sport get treated is disgusting, we don't ever want to be that

chrisD

Coach
I think Smith is very willing and hits the line hard, but he doesn't damage it and isn't anything the defense would be be worried about. I'm ok with him making the 17 as he'll do a job and not everyone can be a star, and I'm also ok with him just missing out.

When he's not making frustrating errors as he hasn't done these last 2 games Martin is some f**king player wherever he plays.

betcats

Referee
Luai will get punished but not sure if it’s suspension or fine. Happy enough with the win, good effort overall, should’ve put more points on we bombed a few. Shit surface there at Suncorp they need to sort that out. Nice to see Nath do some damage with his running game, shame we could score off the two he went through and passed. Martin was very good again, his offloads were great tonight.

Latest posts