What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vacuous inclusivity campaign

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To think not so long ago saying:
"I woke up feeling gay" literally meant "I woke up feeling happy".
To quote from a song from the 70'-early 80's
"To think of only yesterday,
I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to, who wouldn't do
The role i was about to play"
The main crux here was he was about to he married and the obvious reference to gay was happy.
How things get twisted with time.
Yabba dabba doo
Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
There the modern stone age family
From the town of Bedrock
There a page right out of history
Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba dabba doo time, a dabba doo time
We'll have a gay old time

Twisted? Hardly. Don't worry, you can still be gay and funny without worrying about it.

A poster earlier was moaning about how 'they stole our word', now that's twisted.

possm

Coach
On the contrary, it has shown that the majority care about equal rights and stand against racism and homophobia.
Free speech should trump the suppression of speech.
Any effor to muzzle someone purely because they are on the other side of the debate is not good form; especially on a forum.

Providing a poster is not in-sighting hate or violence, debate should be allowed to continue.

In my opinion if the moderators do not want this subject debated and I could understand such a decision as this is a football forum. The moderators could just delete the thread and then there would be no controversy.

So in my opinion Izzy should be allowed to play in the NRL as long as he does not bring the NRL into disrepute. The solution is to have him not speak out on this subject is to have him sign a contract which includes a clause that prevents this.

If such a clause cannot be policed within an NRL contract, then the NRL are on the wrong side of this argument.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Any effor to muzzle someone purely because they are on the other side of the debate is not good form; especially on a forum.

Providing a poster is not in-sighting hate or violence, debate should be allowed to continue.

In my opinion if the moderators do not want this subject debated and I could understand such a decision as this is a football forum. The moderators could just delete the thread and then there would be no controversy.

So in my opinion Izzy should be allowed to play in the NRL as long as he does not bring the NRL into disrepute. The solution is to have him not speak out on this subject is to have him sign a contract which includes a clause that prevents this.

If such a clause cannot be policed within an NRL contract, then the NRL are on the wrong side of this argument.
Poss - no one is saying this shouldn’t be debated or muzzle one side.

In fact, it’s helpful to debate it - you can learn more about the other side’s position.

What shouldn’t be tolerated is some of the hateful, hurtful and downright dangerous stuff that’s popped up on here..

Willow

Assistant Moderator

WTF? Who is being muzzled?

It is the moderators who are trying to keep the discussion open. We're very easy going but of course we have rules.

Tell me where your views have been suppressed.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That may well be the case however it is a rugby league forum , so before any further harm is done to members whom themselves have been subjected to racism or homophobia predjuices in the past why don’t we use some common sense and end it .

Or if you feel that you truly can make a difference to the injustices of the world continue the discussion in the swamp .
Your concern for other members being harmed is to be commended.

However...

The gay marriage plebiscite no doubt caused a great deal of pain to the gay community. I mean, complete strangers voting on how they should live their lives? Must have been difficult to fathom for some.

Then the current push back from the anti-gay lobby, ie people who can't accept that they lost the national debate. This too, must be harrowing for some in the gay community.

This thread, and the bigotry being exhibited by a minority. I think we should credit the recipients of this prejudice with some toughness... I'm sure they've seen it all before.

Sorry, but we won't be shutting down this discussion just because of a few ratbags.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Free Speech and Anti Villification laws by definition can not exist
We are not the US, free speech does not have the same protections here as there - even in the US there are cases going on defining what is and is not protected.

Free speech had its roots in allowing the population to speak up against oppressive governments - it has of course been hikacked as with most good ideas and now has become the banner of dickheads thinking they have the right to be a dickhead.

Gareth67

First Grade
Your concern for other members being harmed is to be commended.

However...

The gay marriage plebiscite no doubt caused a great deal of pain to the gay community. I mean, complete strangers voting on how they should live their lives? Must have been difficult to fathom for some.

Then the current push back from the anti-gay lobby, ie people who can't accept that they lost the national debate. This too, must be harrowing for some in the gay community.

This thread, and the bigotry being exhibited by a minority. I think we should credit the recipients of this prejudice with some toughness... I'm sure they've seen it all before.

Sorry, but we won't be shutting down this discussion just because of a few ratbags.

Well it would seem that I will need to bow to your greater understanding of just how the world really spins around . By the way , you don’t happen to be a member of the J.V. board by some chance ?

Frank Facer

First Grade
To think not so long ago saying:
"I woke up feeling gay" literally meant "I woke up feeling happy".
To quote from a song from the 70'-early 80's
"To think of only yesterday,
I was cheerful, bright and gay
Looking forward to, who wouldn't do
The role i was about to play"
The main crux here was he was about to he married and the obvious reference to gay was happy.
How things get twisted with time.
Dr Richard Day also said that they took great time and effort in deciding to call homosexuals Gay, because the word Gay had happy, positive and colourful connotations.

Day also said the ultimate goal was to have everyone micro chipped.

RufusRex

Post Whore
so is this how it goes ..
In 1969 a bloke gives a lecture to a bunch of other people but during it hypnotises them to forget it ..
everyone does except one bloke who 20 years later (the year the first bloke dies) starts to publish the events of the lecture ... Most of the stuff already starting to happen?

Are there golden plates and magic glasses as well?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
@muzby

Ralph’s back. You might need to punch him in.
tenor.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Dr Richard Day also said that they took great time and effort in deciding to call homosexuals Gay, because the word Gay had happy, positive and colourful connotations.
Methinks Dr Day was a narcissist and secretly liked how gay rhymes with Day.
Day also said the ultimate goal was to have everyone micro chipped.
Damn right. If it’s good enough for my dog, it’s good enough for me.

Not to mention the convenience factor:
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017...-opal-travel-card-implanted-into-hand/8656174

TruSaint

Referee
This is the dog Frank gives credit to. Mr INFOWARS.

Sandy Hook shooting: Parent awarded $450,000 for defamation

A US jury has awarded $450,000 (£350,000) to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook school, in a defamation lawsuit against a conspiracy theorist writer.

Who is Alex Jones?
Alex Jones is the founder and host of Infowars - a far-right radio and online show that is best known as a platform for Mr Jones' conspiracy theories.

After the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that left 20 young children and six adults dead in 2012, he repeatedly described the incident as a hoax on his show.

He alleged the massacre was "completely fake", using actors and staged by the government in order to promote its agenda for nationwide gun control.

Mr Jones has faced criticism before for similar claims, including his claim that the 9/11 attacks were also staged by the government.

Infowars touts millions of listeners and viewers. Mr Jones has also interviewed President Donald Trump, who has repeated Infowars claims on his Twitter feed and in speeches.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45358890

Frank Facer

First Grade
This is the dog Frank gives credit to. Mr INFOWARS.

Sandy Hook shooting: Parent awarded $450,000 for defamation

A US jury has awarded $450,000 (£350,000) to the father of a boy killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook school, in a defamation lawsuit against a conspiracy theorist writer.

Who is Alex Jones?
Alex Jones is the founder and host of Infowars - a far-right radio and online show that is best known as a platform for Mr Jones' conspiracy theories.

After the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that left 20 young children and six adults dead in 2012, he repeatedly described the incident as a hoax on his show.

He alleged the massacre was "completely fake", using actors and staged by the government in order to promote its agenda for nationwide gun control.

Mr Jones has faced criticism before for similar claims, including his claim that the 9/11 attacks were also staged by the government.

Infowars touts millions of listeners and viewers. Mr Jones has also interviewed President Donald Trump, who has repeated Infowars claims on his Twitter feed and in speeches.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45358890
I am not an Alex Jones fan. He is a another Gate Keeper. But the video wasn't about Alex Jones. lol. The video I presented showed many world leaders talking about the New World Order. You obviously didn't like seeing the world leaders openly talking about a New World Order, because you can't believe that it is true. lol

TruSaint

Referee
I am not an Alex Jones fan. He is a another Gate Keeper. But the video wasn't about Alex Jones. lol. The video I presented showed many world leaders talking about the New World Order. You obviously didn't like seeing the world leaders openly talking about a New World Order, because you can't believe that it is true. lol

LMAO,
'
The video you posted was compiled by INFOWARS, run and owned by Jones.
But thats ok. You keep reading up on conspiracies, and conversion methods all you like.

nontime111

Juniors
yes no governments have ever ever 'conspired' before to f*&%^ us up...nah impossible governments all over LOVE us!
Franks the only one with a clue here....youre all mainstream brainwashed sheep we laugh at and feel sorry for
haha...

Latest posts