What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vai Toutai

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just because a player plays well in junior footy doesn't mean he will make it in the NRL. Where are those 2-3 players now?

And Sticky said there would be games like tonight. The key for Toutai's development is to remind him of his first two games to keep his confidence up, while giving him a few weeks to recuperate against easier opposition.

I dunno, you seem to have your knickers in a twist over some of the scouts that didn't rate your kid while ignoring the dozens of other scouts that didn't rate him either.

They learn individual skills (sometimes poorly) playing club footy and they also learn how much they actually want to play the game. They learn the majority of the technical and mental side of the game from professional coaches once they start playing rep footy.

They learn very little from the clueless dads and uncles that tend to volunteer as junior coaches.

No I was shit because I was lazy and weak and slow and I hated that the standard of footy I was involved with looked like a completely different game to what the professionals were playing each weekend. I could kick a footy like a mad merkin but.

He didn't offer me the role; he offered each junior club the opportunity to send one of their coaches along to Parra Stadium each week to learn how he wanted the junior teams to be taught.

He actually got the shits at me for grilling him on his team selections and choice of tactics. That's how I learnt that none of us knows a coach's team better than he does. And that's why I laugh when useless merkins pretend to know the game better than the pros.

If statistics are worthless why are there companies that make their money by copiling and selling those statistics?

The only people that put shit on statistics are the dopey merkins that don't understand them.

Well Sticky has picked him three weeks in a row. But I guess you know better hey?

And what about the scouts from the other 15 clubs? Or do you think Eels scouts are the only ones that attend games in Parramatta?

I posted on here , last year, the results of the junior rep games and to keep the long suffering Parra supporters updated on how well their HM side was going as no one else was doing it. Hopefully, providing some good news.

As said, my youngest bloke was out with a serious back injury for around 6 weeks but recalled straight into the team for the final - why would I have my knickers in a knot when he was treated so well by the Parra staff. You seem to make shit up.

You were obviously one of the clueless dads or uncles you comment on.

You stated you could kick a football like a mad merkin, can I suggest that the ball you kicked was a soccer ball not a league ball.

Now I know why Brian Smith went downhill so quickly, dealing with you once a week.:D

You quoted statistics that would have Vai as the 1st player selected for the game this weekend; it is obvious the your statistics dont pick up errors, if that is the case.

Dont get me wrong Vai Toutai has great potential, but he needs another year in the NYC and probably a year or 2 in the NSW State Cup for that potential to be brought out.

Parramatta has great potential in their juniors - sitting on a gold mine of talent, but they have proven for many years they dont know how to mine it.

IFR33K

Coach
I posted on here , last year, the results of the junior rep games and to keep the long suffering Parra supporters updated on how well their HM side was going as no one else was doing it. Hopefully, providing some good news.

As said, my youngest bloke was out with a serious back injury for around 6 weeks but recalled straight into the team for the final - why would I have my knickers in a knot when he was treated so well by the Parra staff. You seem to make shit up.

You were obviously one of the clueless dads or uncles you comment on.

You stated you could kick a football like a mad merkin, can I suggest that the ball you kicked was a soccer ball not a league ball.

Now I know why Brian Smith went downhill so quickly, dealing with you once a week.:D

You quoted statistics that would have Vai as the 1st player selected for the game this weekend; it is obvious the your statistics dont pick up errors, if that is the case.

Dont get me wrong Vai Toutai has great potential, but he needs another year in the NYC and probably a year or 2 in the NSW State Cup for that potential to be brought out.

Parramatta has great potential in their juniors - sitting on a gold mine of talent, but they have proven for many years they dont know how to mine it.

Mate, you come across as a good bloke. It would more entertaining for you to bang your head against a wall then argue with the poo.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Mate, you come across as a good bloke. It would more entertaining for you to bang your head against a wall then argue with the poo.

Such as: ](*,)

Are you suggesting: :BDH:

I dont like that the prick made a story up about me whinging.

But appreciate your knowledge of this merkin: :thumb

oldmancraigy

Coach
He can't catch and he can't deal with the high ball. Kind of important parts to a wingers game. If he doesn't get sent back to Holden Cup on that performance to 'regain confidence' then we are just accepting mediocrity.

If we put someone else into first grade at his expense, then we are aiming to maybe possibly hit mediocrity.

The kid can do a lot of things, just had a shocker last night. Can't see the point in dropping him for a less talented individual, who may well have an equally bad game?

mickdo

Coach
If we put someone else into first grade at his expense, then we are aiming to maybe possibly hit mediocrity.

The kid can do a lot of things, just had a shocker last night. Can't see the point in dropping him for a less talented individual, who may well have an equally bad game?

Funny, that's exactly what happened with Blair. One bad game and he's gone?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Blair has been pretty ineffective with his go-forward, which is essential from a winger. Unless your name rhymes with Duke Spurt.

Bow_rider

Juniors
It's ok, I have been involved in junior rugby league too. In fact, I was selected by the junior club I was coaching at to be involved in Brian Smith's youth development program. This was around 1996.

I might have been a shit player, and I might still be a shit human being. But I know a lot about rugby league, as well as everything else including human development and organisational behaviour.

You should be f**king thankful you get to read my shit for free.

Mate reading a lot of your posts suggests that you know jack sh.t about RL. You have just given yourself a massive wrap. You need to stop name dropping.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate reading a lot of your posts suggests that you know jack sh.t about RL. You have just given yourself a massive wrap. You need to stop name dropping.

Mate, reading a lot of your posts suggests you know f**k all about rugby league or professional sports in general.

Just kidding, I don't even read your posts.

If you're going to tell someone else they've got no idea you need to attack their argument - find one of their posts and actually provide your own argument to counter it. If you don't have the balls to put your own opinion out there for criticism then you lose your credibility.

Also, name dropping Brian Smith? Gimme a f**king break. I've made it clear I think he's a loser. And bragging about being a good junior coach is like bragging about being good at child care. The fact you're jealous is pretty f**king sad.

Eels Dude

Coach
If you're going to tell someone else they've got no idea you need to attack their argument - find one of their posts and actually provide your own argument to counter it. If you don't have the balls to put your own opinion out there for criticism then you lose your credibility.

The Poupou way is the only way.

*waits for counter argument*

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Langmack - great footy brain, but too much of a clown to be a coach. I guess that's why his coaching career lasted less than three years.

A year under Coleman isn't much of an apprenticeship either.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mate, reading a lot of your posts suggests you know f**k all about rugby league or professional sports in general.

Just kidding, I don't even read your posts.

Also, name dropping Brian Smith? Gimme a f**king break. I've made it clear I think he's a loser. And bragging about being a good junior coach is like bragging about being good at child care. The fact you're jealous is pretty f**king sad.

Poo Poo, you consistently peddle "intellectual property" as truth/fact to which I've regularly pointed out this (your) act for committing fraud. Have no intention to attack the flesh and blood MAN you really are but often your claims (beliefs) are full of bullshit Poo Poo. Your ship of claims has been sunk too many times but thanks to arrogance, ignorance and righteousness, you consistently show up as a smarmy, smart-arse with very little substance, if any, to back your claims.